ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby needs a 2017 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
calling Richmond Co. Scotland Co. Dudley, Mallard Creek, Butler, and etc. Somebody please put them in there place.

Scotland, Richmond, and Dudley had non conference dates in 2016 for week six and week one conference week seven. Butler and MC were in conference starting week six. Will most likely need to have an opponent that catches a bye week in conference early or has a small conference so they are not in conference play.

Two teams have been added to Scotland's conference for 2017. Don't see week 6 happening.

Why was this posted on a 4A board? Every human being that's ever lived knows that Shelby runs and hides from 4A competition.

calling Richmond Co. Scotland Co. Dudley, Mallard Creek, Butler, and etc. Somebody please put them in there place.
What do you mean put them in their place?We went 16 and 0 and beat 7 3A teams including State Champ South Point(24 to 0) and won our fourth straight State Championship.

When you get a professional stalker who stalks the 4A board for the last 3 years. Who makes derogatory remarks about every succesfful 4A & 4AA program in NC. Just afool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton.This is what happens, people start cheering against you. I commend Shelby on their success. They are like Mt. Union of Div 3 Football. Do you ever hear of Div 3 elite programs talking down to FBS programs? NO! They kick butt and stay in their lane.

When you get a professional stalker who stalks the 4A board for the last 3 years. Who makes derogatory remarks about every succesfful 4A & 4AA program in NC. Just afool, ass, halfwit, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, moron, imbecile, simpleton.This is what happens, people start cheering against you. I commend Shelby on their success. They are like Mt. Union of Div 3 Football. Do you ever hear of Div 3 elite programs talking down to FBS programs? NO! They kick butt and stay in their lane.

I don't know if that is a good analogy, but I get your point. I would like to see Shelby play a big name opponent in 3A or 4A just to see how they would do. In 3A, I feel confident they would hold their own, but I think someone like Butler or Mallard Creek would be a tough matchup. I don't for see a strong 4A school wanting to play Shelby because they don't have anything to gain and more to loose. I think Shelby against a Lake Norman, Vance, or Weddington would be a good matchup, or maybe Catholic.

Except I think shelby can play up and compete. This is a good opportunity for them to schedule a good 4a program or a sc team.

The analogy is quite simple. If Shelby starts scheduling elite 4A & 4AA programs on a regular. They will take an L in the majority of those games. Nothing to gain for a 4A program scheduling Shelby. They are an elite 2A program, where it is a lot easier to making long runs because of the competition level from top to bottom. Nobody want's to hear about a elite 2A program on the 4A board.

Have you ever seen a guy from Dudley, Mallard Creek, Butler, or Catholic trolling on the 2A Board? NO! Stay in your lane.

Reactions: Chopper747
Like in 97. Crest was ranked in the top 20 in the country and defending 4A champion with 4 All Americans on the team and 2A Shelby whipped them bad.I understand what your saying.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
The analogy is quite simple. If Shelby starts scheduling elite 4A & 4AA programs on a regular. They will take an L in the majority of those games. Nothing to gain for a 4A program scheduling Shelby. They are an elite 2A program, where it is a lot easier to making long runs because of the competition level from top to bottom. Nobody want's to hear about a elite 2A program on the 4A board.

Have you ever seen a guy from Dudley, Mallard Creek, Butler, or Catholic trolling on the 2A Board? NO! Stay in your lane.
Why is it easier in 2A if you have 2A numbers along with everyone else? That same logic would also be the same for 4A?

Look for Shelby to be even mentioned playing the best 4A has to offer is a great testament to our program with 800 to 850 kids. If we play a good 4A team and lose or win, it won't change a thing about Shelby's program and their dominance.

Why is it easier? Not a lot of competition from top to bottom. More parity within 4A programs. Mentioning and not playing is also a testament of just talk. Play an elite 4A program than get back with me.
Your dominance is in 2A.

Nobody cares on a 4A board about how Shelby is dominating 2A. That's a fact and will never change. There has been a nutt job trying to make people care for 3 years. After making a tour on every high school board in NC. ZERO INTEREST!

I refer back to Mt. Union division 3, one of the most successful football programs in college football. They would beat a lot of Division 2 programs. Ok! Division 2 & 3 games played on tv already. Not a lot of people watched. That's just the way it is.
Not a lot of people really care about the dominance of a 2A program in NC.

Every fan @ Shelby football can tune in, and nothing will change!

Last edited:
Like in 97. Crest was ranked in the top 20 in the country and defending 4A champion with 4 All Americans on the team and 2A Shelby whipped them bad.I understand what your saying.

Crest lost by four TDs the week before to Gaffney.

Remember that the Shelby excuse for the Kannapolis beatdown is that it was the first game for Lance Ware and that it was an adjustment period. That was the first season for Roy Kirby. Plays both ways.

Reactions: Chopper747

Remember that the Shelby excuse for the Kannapolis beatdown is that it was the first game for Lance Ware and that it was an adjustment period. That was the first season for Roy Kirby. Plays both ways.

But that shelby team wasn't as good as these teams

Huge Rivalry and 18-7 is not whipped them bad....LOL! You really don't understand...:)

Last edited:
Congrats to Shelby on a great run. Would love to see them play a 4a power but doubt it will happen. Regardless...great season

New offense was part of it, but talent was down at that time they were losing to lot of other teams besides K-Town. Every program has runs of talent that comes through, Shelby was just not as talented when they played Kannapolis. No excuses just reality. Very rarely do two powers play when they have their all time best teams.

Hitman, I know that team was not as talented. I was at the game. My statement has nothing to do with how good the team was. Your post could have been traded out for my reply post.

Hitman, I know that team was not as talented. I was at the game. My statement has nothing to do with how good the team was. Your post could have been traded out for my reply post.
Exactly!

Look at Mallard Creek this past season. Talent must have been way down compared to their usual standard.

I, several local high school coaches, and a few college coaches that recruit the area felt this MC team was as talented as any they had ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT