ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby High School

I can remember when little ole Alcoa,TN with about 550 was ranked nationally. Don't see why Shelby couldn't be ranked one day.

Within less than an hours drive both Shelby and Crest have top tier schools they could schedule that would give them an opportunity to break the polls, but that county is afraid to schedule any top 4A team. Gaffney(SC) used to run through both schools like a buzz saw back in the 90s when both were very good(check the tapes, scores, and stats from 90s).

They have no problem scrimmaging a Byrnes or Spartanburg but you would pull teeth from a chicken before either school put any of those SC power houses(which are half hour away) or a school cailber of Rock Hill(South Pointe/Northwestern), Mallard Creek, Butler, Dorman, Hough, etc. They will schedule a barely mediocre Meck 4A school like Hopewell and bragg about a 1 or 2 score win.

I feel they have every opportunity in front of them to break into a national poll if they schedule appropriately.

Last edited:
Instead of runnin' up to the Asheville area to play that kickball school, T.C. Roberson, why not journey to Charlotte and tee it up against Mallard Creek, Butler, or Indy .Another example of a negative concerning Caller I.D. would be when a Charlotte, Gaffney, or a Triad number pops up on the Blind Donkey's pee yellow and algae green phone system, they run like a doped up greyhound on Rabbit Chasin' Day, scamperin' like a charged up mule toward Gaffney, hoping to secure their individual selves a drank of white likker, only to emerge from the Likker Den exclaiming to be the best in N.C. Horseshyt. Play somebody and beat 'em, or continue your Autumn jaunts to enjoy the leaves of Asheville, while hearing such remarks from the Roberson Soccer Field, " I'll take the under for a dime, " Sparky. "

Instead of runnin' up to the Asheville area to play that kickball school, T.C. Roberson, why not journey to Charlotte and tee it up against Mallard Creek, Butler, or Indy .Another example of a negative concerning Caller I.D. would be when a Charlotte, Gaffney, or a Triad number pops up on the Blind Donkey's pee yellow and algae green phone system, they run like a doped up greyhound on Rabbit Chasin' Day, scamperin' like a charged up mule toward Gaffney, hoping to secure their individual selves a drank of white likker, only to emerge from the Likker Den exclaiming to be the best in N.C. Horseshyt. Play somebody and beat 'em, or continue your Autumn jaunts to enjoy the leaves of Asheville, while hearing such remarks from the Roberson Soccer Field, " I'll take the under for a dime, " Sparky. "
Shelby played AC Reynolds who went 10 and 1 with their only loss to Shelby who scored 56 on them.They were lead by a incredible athlete at QB who committed to South Carolina

Why isn't Shelby never ranked nationally? Also will Shelby be interested in playing in the Corky Kell Classic in Atlanta against some of the best teams in Georgia and the nation if it could be arranged? Also if a game with Colquitt County,Camden County,or North Gwinett three of the best teams in Georgia and the nation if possible.
Just take down the high school classifications on this site- that way shelby and crest can be on all boards-

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT