ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby High School

And there's no point in rehashing the football titles again. Mecklenburg Co has 16 of those just since the year 2000 (Indy 7, Mallard Creek 3, Butler 3, Catholic 3), which is more than all of Cleveland Co has combined in their entire "glorious" history.

Cleveland County has four high schools. How many does Mecklenburg County have?

Cleveland County has four high schools. How many does Mecklenburg County have?

Probably not that simple. If one county has four schools with the chance to win titles in three classes while the other county has 19 schools in two classes with all but three in other class it cuts down the odds of winning multiple titles.

All Meck County schools were 4A except for Catholic for many years and they are not part of CMS. A couple of years Harding, Waddell, and Berry were not 4A. Basically there was one title to be won. Since 1977 the four Cleveland schools have been in three different classes. Their four schools had a chance to win three titles while CMS was fighting for one. With the split classifications that has changed up a bit for Meck County but normally four schools are playing small 4A if they make the playoffs the others are big 4A.

I hate to bust either one of those bubbles (not really), but the crime rate in Cleveland Co (3.4%) is 8 times higher per capita than it is in Mecklenburg Co (0.4%).

Of those crimes, the Cleveland Co murder rate (6.2%) is almost 30% higher than it is for Mecklenburg Co (4.9%).

http://crimereporting.ncsbi.gov/Reports.aspx

And there's no point in rehashing the football titles again. Mecklenburg Co has 16 of those just since the year 2000 (Indy 7, Mallard Creek 3, Butler 3, Catholic 3), which is more than all of Cleveland Co has combined in their entire "glorious" history.
Pretty sure I said Charlotte. Hunterville, Davidson, Cornelius is not Charlotte. Compare it to Shelby please.

It is crystal clear now that you and nepsy represent the Jethro and Uncle Jed of the high school football elite. You struck gold for the first time these last three years and so with your "new money" you have bumbled into the "old money" neighborhood with no awareness, no respect, and absolutely no perspective on the world beyond Johnston Oehler Road.
You ignorantly disregard Shelby, Crest and even Gaffney, the all-time #1 program in SC, in order to build up MC and 4A into more than it is.
You would be the only two to ever accuse Shelby of not playing a supremely difficult schedule.....forever.
But they don't play MC or any of the top 10 4A. That's all you got. That's all you see. You wouldn't be pushing this silly 2A Dillon agenda if they had not played you close before and you have to justify them on your current schedule.
Its not about any of that.
It is about SUSTAINED WINNING....
We are done wasting time with you. This thread was started by someone interested in knowing more about Shelby football history.
Come see us if you win one next decade.

I am not sure how much more complimentary I can be of Shelby or Crest for that matter. My only issue with the program is you constantly making them out to something they are not. They are absolutely a dominant 2a program . They also have absolutely no desire to extend themselves much further than that. Its fine and I don't blame them. They have no business trying to compete with schools twice their size . Your the one who continues on the path of disregarding programs.

Case in point... Butler has gone 46-10 over the last 4 years. Gaffney 30-21, yet you call Butler a one hit wonder but Gaffney has sustained winning. Gaffney was 4-8 and 6-6 the last two years. They haven't sustained anything.

As far as difficult schedule it is what it is. 76 ranked schedule in the state. I didn't say that neither did Jethro. Your boy Simmons said it.

Probably not that simple. If one county has four schools with the chance to win titles in three classes while the other county has 19 schools in two classes with all but three in other class it cuts down the odds of winning multiple titles.

All Meck County schools were 4A except for Catholic for many years and they are not part of CMS. A couple of years Harding, Waddell, and Berry were not 4A. Basically there was one title to be won. Since 1977 the four Cleveland schools have been in three different classes. Their four schools had a chance to win three titles while CMS was fighting for one. With the split classifications that has changed up a bit for Meck County but normally four schools are playing small 4A if they make the playoffs the others are big 4A.
That ranks right there with your comment Chazz Surrattt was not that good at basketball. I think you called him a lay up player. You don't get to be NC Athlete of the Year being average and UNC sure thinks highly of him. Maybe your not aware that only three metro areas encompass 70 percent of the large classifications. Good grief man.

I never called Chazz Surratt a layup player and never said he was average. For a high school basketball player he is multi dimensional. He works in the paint a lot. His brother is more of an offensive perimeter player, a better shooter but I think Chazz passes and handles the ball better. Only seen them play five or six times in basketball the last two years.

Chazz should concentrate on football solely at UNC. He has a redshirt year and a backup season in front of him. Great prep time. Hoops he plays like a forward but is about 6'2".

The basketball team has no problem with him giving it a shot. He is not a scholarship player so it is like a free audition for them. Do you think they would give him a basketball scholarship if told them he only wanted to play hoops?

Last edited:
It does not matter how many areas make up the 4A classification. It is simple math. If 20 schools are in the same division there is a chance for one title among them. If four schools play in four divisions there is a chance for four titles.

That was not a knock on anyone.

Last edited:
What year did Colquitt lose to an AA school and what was CC's record that season?

The question I pose, is if Georgia was going to send a team to play the best squad in Florida or Texas or DeLaSalle this past season would you want them to send A state champ Clinch County or Colquitt? They both play only 11 players on the field at a time.

Before Shelby, Crest, Havelock, Scotland, or New Bern travel to GA I would prefer to see them match up with the best team in NC's big 4A classification but if Colquitt or another school wants to pay them so be it.
Regarding your question Btango the year was 2007 to Cook 2A/Early County 2A 2007,Thomas County Central 2007,Bainbridge 4A 2007,Thomasville 2A 2009,Cook 2A 2010,Thomas County Central 4A 2010. If Clinch County had the opportunity to play DeLaSalle if I was them I would play to get the experience for the kids. Anything can happen on the football field on any given day. For example the year the NY Giants beat the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl everybody knew the Bills were the better team but that why you play the game. Never deny your kids to play teams better than them if you do you will never build a championship team or your team will never learn how to win if they don't play better competition. If the big 4A won't play them then those teams got to look else where I can't understand why those schools happen been playing one another all along it's not always about the money sometime you have politics involved and coaches not liking one another for what ever reason. When I played back in the day we didn't care what your classifications were because we were in shape coached properly and believed that we were better than the guy that played in front of us. We were trained like the Navy Seals and the Special Forces because you know when they go into battle they are always out numbered but most of the times they come out on top that the way we played that we were the best and the coaches got to instill that belief in their players. You can never judge how big a player heart is until it get tough out there on the field when things aren't going good and who quit and who is still giving 110pct on evey play.

This Shelby, Crest, Mallard Creek argument seems a little silly to me at times but who am I to judge. I guess I will put in my two cents. I am impressed with what all three programs are doing. Each program has some things that it does really well. I believe at this moment that Mallard Creek is easily the most talented team in the state and on paper should be the best team in the state. Mallard Creek's advantage over every other team in the state is their overall depth of talent. I also believe that if you are a one dimensional team against any of these three teams but especially MC in particular than your chances of beating them are slim to none. MC wears you down with size and talent over four quarters. It just a fact. You basically have to hope that you catch MC off guard or distracted. When MC is focused it's almost like watching a pride of lions fight over a carcass. Not pretty..
Crest High's top end talent is very good and should not be dismissed by Charlotte high school football fans who have not seen it up close. Many years and there are years where if these two matched up, MC would be more talented 1-22 than Crest but Crest would have 5-6 players just as talented or more talented than what MC has on the field. For example if Crest and MC played this year, MC would have the more talented starting 22 but Crest would have the most talented player and probably best player on the field with Justin Foster. Crest is producing NFL players every few years and a couple of current world class sprinters who were football players at Crest. It's extremely possible that we will get to see a Crest alum(d-line) vs a MC alum(o-line) in NFL battles in the very near future.
Although there is one Shelby poster who annoys the heck out of me, what Shelby has done and is doing is quite impressive. MC would beat Shelby 9 times out of ten but MC would have to come to play and not take them lightly. MC's overall size on their o-line would eventually take over the game and Shelby would not be able to do a lot about it. In saying that, Shelby's skill guys on offense would be just as good as MC's skill talent. Shelby's skill talent is usually just too much for many schools to handle. Think about it, Shelby is a 2A school who started two FBS receivers, had back to back college qb's, and other offensive skill guys signing with schools or receiving college attention already. Shelby would easily handle the majority of NC'S 4A teams. It would definitely take one of the elite 4A's to beat them on a regular basis. Also while Shelby's schedule is not quite as tough as MC's schedule, AC Reynolds, South Point, Freedom, Crest, and Kings Mountain aren't exactly chopped liver and is tougher than many 4A schedules. While Dillon is outstanding and many pump them up because they play MC, Shelby beats Dillon 6-7 times out of ten in my opinion.
All three teams are kings of their respective classes right now and I will not slight or throw shade at what any of these three have accomplished on the field. MC's goal seems to be national relevance, Shelby's goal is state titles, and Crest's goal seems to be that it wants to be biggest/baddest bully on their block lol. That is also the way that each seems to schedule games. MC is the heavyweight champ currently, Crest is the light heavy champ, and Shelby is the middleweight champ. There you go.
Well the organizer of the Corky Kell Classic in Atlanta stated to me today that in the 18/19 season he would consider bring in some of the top schools in NC. like Shelby and Mallard Creek. If you guys what to contact him about it his name is Dave Hunter email DaveandBeverly@Comcast.net. Later I'm out. Peace.

All four schools were in the same class till the mid 80's and Crest moved to 4A which saw Crest greatly overmatched for a few years until some things changed internally with the program. Not sure right off hand what year Shelby moved to 2A, but I'm pretty sure Cleveland County didn't play years and years with 3 classes.

But his comment said since 2000. That would put 4 Teams in 2 classes with 3 being in one class. Let's be honest, in recent years, with exception of McDowell, 4AA west has looked like the Mecklenburg County invitational so wouldn't it stand to reason they have a pretty good chance of getting someone to the title game and then anything can happen. The stupid part of this thread is for somebody to get on here and complain about Cleveland County and its accomplishments because you have an issue with who they play. I wouldn't trade our football with anyone. Friday nights are still small town fun. The crowds are great. Watching the future Chargers, Golden Lions, Mountaineers, and Bulldogs playing on the hill and knowing that to these 6, 7, and 8 year olds are heroes that are 15, 16, and 17 year olds. I have nothing but respect for what Mecklenburg County or any where else in the State has done football wise. I just have a problem with trying to minimize what Cleveland County has done because of who they have played.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I tried and tried to stay out of this love fest/chest beating episode but I just cant..

These "Creek Boyz" sure like to crow a lot about who they played and scheduled and expect everyone to bow down to them because of it... Don't you actually have to "BEAT" the big boys you schedule before you actually crow about how dominant you are? I mean Byrnes beat you and they lost what 3??? You played McDonough and they were what 6-3??? Who exactly are the juggernauts you are scheduling and actually beating????

So when you actually start winning a couple of these "national prominent" games you stick your chests out about, keep talking about how dominant you are in NC football, that for the time being, we can agree on..... But stop with this "big boy" mentality of how "prominent" you are because you schedule big names when you cant even beat them yet...

You lost to Byrnes and Hough both good teams but hardly "national talent" at the time, yet crow like you are on the pedestal.... I agree with you Shelby is a great 2a program absolutely right there... And yall are a great 4a program but at this point in time, that's all yall are.... Nationally , you aren't there yet, now matter how big and mighty you think you are.. .Beat some national teams and come back and stick your chest out... Until then just remember you are a great 4a program in NC and that's it....

I mean you had by your own accounts more D1 talent than anyone in this state, yet couldn't beat Hough,(the first time) and barely beat Vance and lost to Byrnes.... With all that "assembled talent" you should have destroyed every team on the schedule just on how deep you were talent wise, and you didn't...

Now Ill sit back and wait and get the same old song and dance about how Crest and Shelby wont schedule you and how nationally prominent you are, and you will play anyone, yadda yadda yadda.... Its boring... You haven't won a big game yet no matter how mighty you say you are....

Reactions: SHS LION
I tried and tried to stay out of this love fest/chest beating episode but I just cant..

These "Creek Boyz" sure like to crow a lot about who they played and scheduled and expect everyone to bow down to them because of it... Don't you actually have to "BEAT" the big boys you schedule before you actually crow about how dominant you are? I mean Byrnes beat you and they lost what 3??? You played McDonough and they were what 6-3??? Who exactly are the juggernauts you are scheduling and actually beating????

So when you actually start winning a couple of these "national prominent" games you stick your chests out about, keep talking about how dominant you are in NC football, that for the time being, we can agree on..... But stop with this "big boy" mentality of how "prominent" you are because you schedule big names when you cant even beat them yet...

You lost to Byrnes and Hough both good teams but hardly "national talent" at the time, yet crow like you are on the pedestal.... I agree with you Shelby is a great 2a program absolutely right there... And yall are a great 4a program but at this point in time, that's all yall are.... Nationally , you aren't there yet, now matter how big and mighty you think you are.. .Beat some national teams and come back and stick your chest out... Until then just remember you are a great 4a program in NC and that's it....

I mean you had by your own accounts more D1 talent than anyone in this state, yet couldn't beat Hough,(the first time) and barely beat Vance and lost to Byrnes.... With all that "assembled talent" you should have destroyed every team on the schedule just on how deep you were talent wise, and you didn't...

Now Ill sit back and wait and get the same old song and dance about how Crest and Shelby wont schedule you and how nationally prominent you are, and you will play anyone, yadda yadda yadda.... Its boring... You haven't won a big game yet no matter how mighty you say you are....

As I have said before WE don't decide if we are " Nationally Prominent". The national media does.

Dallas Jackson National HS Football- #33
Max Prep- #36
Jeff Fisher- #27

The list goes on and on and I agree that success can often times look boring from the outside. Now... Go ahead and tell me how polls don't matter and how you don't believe in national rankings when clearly it does bother you.

No chest beating! It is what it is. In 2009 when the Creek was trying to win State Championships. There was a lot of laughter. You don't play anybody! Weak schedule! Coaches can't Coach. 3 State Championships later. Next step National top 5. Started off the season ranked in the top 10 Nationally last 2 years, Tough schedule last year. Fell Short. Started really putting it together at the end of the season. It's a process! I can assure you Mallard Creek will make top 10 team Nationally decades before Shelby or Crest schedule a elite team anywhere.

Last edited:
As I have said before WE don't decide if we are " Nationally Prominent". The national media does.

Dallas Jackson National HS Football- #33
Max Prep- #36
Jeff Fisher- #27

The list goes on and on and I agree that success can often times look boring from the outside. Now... Go ahead and tell me how polls don't matter and how you don't believe in national rankings when clearly it does bother you.
My question is why are we discussing 2A and 3A schools on this board. I know it is the off season but by discussing this with the 2A problem now, he will be encouraged to continue this nonsense once the season starts.

Ask a guy from Shelby preferably 98! If Shelby is the winningest program in the State? Why not play a program that will challenge your team. Dillon! Shelby 100 years of Dominance? But say Dillon to them and all Hell break's loose. LMAO!

Hornet62 i commend you on trying to get the GA vs NC games. Trying to get a team like Shelby or Crest scheduling a Elite team out of Ga? You would have a better chance winning the Power Ball twice in a year. That's not what they do!

Well the organizer of the Corky Kell Classic in Atlanta stated to me today that in the 18/19 season he would consider bring in some of the top schools in NC. like Shelby and Mallard Creek. If you guys what to contact him about it his name is Dave Hunter email DaveandBeverly@Comcast.net. Later I'm out. Peace.

I am not sure if it was you, another poster, or yourself with another poster name but this is not the first time this has been posted here and I have contacted them in the past with no repsonse or a not in the foreseeable future as the answer.

Regarding your question Btango the year was 2007 to Cook 2A/Early County 2A 2007,Thomas County Central 2007,Bainbridge 4A 2007,Thomasville 2A 2009,Cook 2A 2010,Thomas County Central 4A 2010.

Most people who follow high school football know that Colquitt County was way down for several consecutive seasons under a few head coaches before Rush Propst came to town. Took him one season to turn it around. 2007 CC was 2-8. The two teams they beat won three games between them. THomas Central was competing for a state title. 2010 Rush's second season they went 9-6 but made a late season run to the title after losing their first three games. In NC there are a lot of 2A schools that would beat below average 4A teams. There are a lot of 2A schools that would beat good 4A teams. Not many 2A schools are going to beat the very best 4A teams. I thought the conversation was about nationally elite teams. I am not very interested in a team that won a few games regardless the enrollment, the following, the national stature or history.

Shelby Lion! Byrnes lost 2 games not 3. McDonough was ranked top 3 in Maryland before The Creek played them also ranked Nationally. Lost to Hough in overtime 1st game and played them in the 2nd game 44-0. Vance is our version of your Crest. Rival game! Love it how you leave out the good stuff! :)

Win or loose The Creek is searching across the nation for the big game. You can't say the same!
So yadda yadda yadda back at you.

Most people who follow high school football know that Colquitt County was way down for several consecutive seasons under a few head coaches before Rush Propst came to town. Took him one season to turn it around. 2007 CC was 2-8. The two teams they beat won three games between them. THomas Central was competing for a state title. 2010 Rush's second season they went 9-6 but made a late season run to the title after losing their first three games. In NC there are a lot of 2A schools that would beat below average 4A teams. There are a lot of 2A schools that would beat good 4A teams. Not many 2A schools are going to beat the very best 4A teams. I thought the conversation was about nationally elite teams. I am not very interested in a team that won a few games regardless the enrollment, the following, the national stature or history.

Booker T Washington comes to mind. Certainly a powerhouse who plays a national schedule and has about 1,000 students.

LOL I knew my post would ruffle some feathers..

Mallard Creek is a great program we all know that.. Just seeing who all I could stir up this morning...ha ha...

Same old song and dance about Mallard Creek. " We want to be nationally recognized but we don't have any money to go play big games but we like talking about it. These teams will not foot the bill. They only offered us 7% for our wish. Atlanta is too far. Our kids will be tired." Unbelievable.

If Clinch County had the opportunity to play DeLaSalle if I was them I would play to get the experience for the kids. Anything can happen on the football field on any given day.

I would want to play them if I were Clinch County but that was not the question. In a hypothetical scenario you are the person that is going to select the representative from Georgia to play the very best team from Texas or California, you would select Clinch County to represent the state? I feel confident that would not be the case.

I am all for Shelby traveling to play a team in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, or any destination or any high school team getting the opportunity to travel and play a game. More prefer Shelby playing a top team from SC such as Dillon as it is an even comparison of the two states football classifications. I think most people are more interested in seeing NC v SC unless they are from the northern or far western border areas with Tennessee and Virginia. With that said, I would prefer to see Shelby and Crest play Mallard Creek.

Just amazing how they lose to North Carolina teams and expect to be a national program. North Carolina isn't even a national power in recruiting. Not even in top five in the south alone.

Same old song and dance about Mallard Creek. " We want to be nationally recognized but we don't have any money to go play big games but we like talking about it. These teams will not foot the bill. They only offered us 7% for our wish. Atlanta is too far. Our kids will be tired." Unbelievable.

Again... You have to change the quote. Not WE WANT TO BE. It has to change to WE ARE NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED.

Just amazing how they lose to North Carolina teams and expect to be a national program. North Carolina isn't even a national power in recruiting. Not even in top five in the south alone.

By what measure?

The stupid part of this thread is for somebody to get on here and complain about Cleveland County and its accomplishments because you have an issue with who they play. I wouldn't trade our football with anyone. Friday nights are still small town fun. The crowds are great. Watching the future Chargers, Golden Lions, Mountaineers, and Bulldogs playing on the hill and knowing that to these 6, 7, and 8 year olds are heroes that are 15, 16, and 17 year olds. I have nothing but respect for what Mecklenburg County or any where else in the State has done football wise. I just have a problem with trying to minimize what Cleveland County has done because of who they have played.

No one should have a problem with Cleveland County football and I do not think they do but many have an issue with posters that stir them up. If you are going to talk smack that is great but if you are not going play the people that you are talking to it brings up the resentment.

I really enjoy going to a game at Shelby especially the Crest game. Last year was a great atmosphere and what high school football in Charlotte misses for the most part. I have always thought Cleveland County is one of the best counties for high school football because of the support and small town feel along with really good football. Craven County is really good now. Alamance County has had some good runs over the years.

All four schools were in the same class till the mid 80's and Crest moved to 4A which saw Crest greatly overmatched for a few years until some things changed internally with the program. Not sure right off hand what year Shelby moved to 2A, but I'm pretty sure Cleveland County didn't play years and years with 3 classes.

But his comment said since 2000. That would put 4 Teams in 2 classes with 3 being in one class. Let's be honest, in recent years, with exception of McDowell, 4AA west has looked like the Mecklenburg County invitational so wouldn't it stand to reason they have a pretty good chance of getting someone to the title game and then anything can happen.

You are correct on the mid 1980's. Shelby won a 3A title in 1987 and lost in the 1988 title game. Crest started playing 4A football in 1985. Four teams and two classifications. Think Shelby went to 2A in 1997.

Raleigh would qualify under the same statement as the Wake County invitational. There have been some solid Forsyth and Guilford County schools but CMS has normally had at least one if not two teams that were usually much better than the field. A few years the two best schools matched up in the second round.

Sorry to inform you! Mallard Creek is Nationally recognized. Money is a issue with any school who's oldest Alumni who attended MC 4 years. Is about 23 or 24 years old. I don't know of any school who will travel 5 hours same day and get off the bus and play a game? 7% Come on Man!

Yep! You're Unbelievable!

They were willing to do a split the gate at Shelby or Crest. Since we then, I hear Ashbrook would have been glad to step aside for some cash as they could have set up another game and MC would have been glad to give up some of their split. I am not an MC guy but they have tried to schedule strong competition. I know for a fact they aggressively sought out games with Richmond and Scotland. I know they were in deep conversation with Colquitt County for a game in 2015. I do not base those statements on speaking with MC staff, which I did, but from speaking with staff from the potential opponents.

opened in 2007! lmao!
The subject was North Carolina as a whole nepsy. I love NC football but in overall talent we lack in comparison to many states. Applies to basketball and wrestling as well but it doesn't reflect there isn't plenty of athletic talent to be had.

They were willing to do a split the gate at Shelby or Crest. Since we then, I hear Ashbrook would have been glad to step aside for some cash as they could have set up another game and MC would have been glad to give up some of their split. I am not an MC guy but they have tried to schedule strong competition. I know for a fact they aggressively sought out games with Richmond and Scotland. I know they were in deep conversation with Colquitt County for a game in 2015. I do not base those statements on speaking with MC staff, which I did, but from speaking with staff from the potential opponents.
It's like a guy looking at a Ferrari and can't afford a Corolla. Same old song. That athletic booster support must be really weak. Much like that Charlotte game ticket support. I've seen it. It sucks other than privates. If Mallard Creek has such a great ticket draw then the coffers should be full. I know a 2A school that always has $50,000 just sitting in the bank at the start of the year.

Yep! One of the reason we lack in comparison is because a lot of successful programs like Shelby and Crest refuse to play anyone out of State that would come within 3 points of beating them. Than some of the fans start threads about how great they are? It's like a guy saying they're the baddest program in the State, but you look at their schedule. It's average. Put up or shut up! Than they attempt to downgrade Mallard Creek for trying to raise the bar and schedule big games. Yep Same old song.

Godevilsgo! When it comes to Booster support. Your words speak's volumes of how clueless you are. There's a big difference from community support that pulls from 5 different schools within a 10 mile radius, compared to 2 schools in 1 County.

Hard to debate someone who's not knowledgeable of what he's debating.

Yep! One of the reason we lack in comparison is because a lot of successful programs like Shelby and Crest refuse to play anyone out of State that would come within 3 points of beating them. Than some of the fans start threads about how great they are? It's like a guy saying they're the baddest program in the State, but you look at their schedule. It's average. Put up or shut up! Than they attempt to downgrade Mallard Creek for trying to raise the bar and schedule big games. Yep Same old song.

Godevilsgo! When it comes to Booster support. Your words speak's volumes of how clueless you are. There's a big difference from community support that pulls from 5 different schools within a 10 mile radius, compared to 2 schools in 1 County.

Hard to debate someone who's not knowledgeable of what he's debating.
Clueless is you. 2500 students with relatives and 2A schools in rural areas pack the house and raise money all year with fundraisers. Lazy and self centered comes to mind.

Metro Charlotte has one million people, how come Mallard Creek doesn't draw 8000 every week being the state champions? Seems odd. BIG DREAMS, NO FINANCES. At least 4 of you posters go to the game. Real money machine. Maybe the government has a grant.

If I have to explain to you difference between a Scotland County, Richmond County, New Bern, Havelock, Crest, Shelby that have been open for decades raising money vs Teams out of Charlotte like a Mallard Creek? That opened it doors in 2007

See previous post. Hard to debate someone who's not knowledgeable of what he's debating!

If I have to explain to you difference between a Scotland County, Richmond County, New Bern, Havelock, Crest, Shelby that have been open for decades raising money vs Teams out of Charlotte like a Mallard Creek? That opened it doors in 2007

See previous post. Hard to debate someone who's not knowledgeable of what he's debating!

You got a LOT of excuses for Charlotte support with no solutions. MC attendance is not even 1AA rural mountain worthy. It's really sad. Bless your heart.

What Excuse? So you're not knowledgeable of how it work, so now you start trolling!
Yes I'm blessed! :)

My question is why are we discussing 2A and 3A schools on this board. I know it is the off season but by discussing this with the 2A problem now, he will be encouraged to continue this nonsense once the season starts.

Aregood- why on 4A board?
Guys, this is what they do when they are exposed. They cry to Deana and try to force us off their board. Well guess what? We did not start this thread and it began with out of state topics relating to NC top programs. That crosses classifications and probably deserves to be on this board for as broad a discussion as possible. Deana will probably cave again to these 4A and MC posters, not realizing this discussion moves all of us posters and readers into a new and exciting realm. Hopefully she will not.

What Excuse? So you're not knowledgeable of how it work, so now you start trolling!
Yes I'm blessed! :)
Get your money together, get your fan base support better, and quit making excuses why schools will not GIVE you charity to play them. National recognition comes with local support.

I spoke about this scheduling topic with an AD one night at a sporting event. His take on it was your coach and following has alienated many ADs across this state. Its true. But by all means keep presenting yourself as a school the same way and soon the whole state will not even answer the phone. MC is almost there. Good luck with your national prominence with eight games in the near future. You think people who dislike the tactics care if you call it fear, all the while the entire schools athletic funding continues to suffer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT