ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby has Week 3 game

Huss and shelby in the first 3 weeks that's going to be a rough few weeks

Whew... That’s going to make the tougher... or injured.

I don’t know anything about how Cabarrus has chosen to open this school... Are they opening with all four grades?

where is it located?? and why we would you sacrifice your new team to a couple of powerhouses in the first few games...?? masochist or what??

Gotta feeling they may be better than some first year schools. Gentry is a great coach and players want to play for him. How many of his kids follow him to the new school?

Gotta feeling they may be better than some first year schools. Gentry is a great coach and players want to play for him. How many of his kids follow him to the new school?

I think they’ll do better than a lot of new programs... you’re right.
But this year, they are going to take some lumps. Montgomery Central has a top notch coach, and they took their share of lumps with an entire county’s athletes at their disposal.

I don’t know if Cabarrus County is open enrollment. I kind of doubt it, but could be wrong.

It’s quite possible they could be a good team. Remember when northern Guilford first opened and they were good. Cabarus county is a county where a first year school could do well.

directions:go 85 north,exit 54 turn right on george lyles blvd go past poplar tent rd turn left on weddington rd,school about 200 yds on left

It’s in Concord, NC. Cabarrus County.

The name is a bit misleading. It is the furthest west of all the directional schools in Cabarrus County... however, Mt. Pleasant is by far the western most school in the system. But naming schools is tricky, you’ll never make everyone happy.

I am glad that Oak Grove is not Northeastern Davidson (a name floated around, it is neither the northern-most or eastern-most of the two schools it drew from).

Reactions: Lion Attack
The name is a bit misleading. It is the furthest west of all the directional schools in Cabarrus County... however, Mt. Pleasant is by far the western most school in the system. But naming schools is tricky, you’ll never make everyone happy.

I am glad that Oak Grove is not Northeastern Davidson (a name floated around, it is neither the northern-most or eastern-most of the two schools it drew from).

Should have named it Midway considering it is the actual name of the community. Suppose that didn't sound ritzy enough.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT