ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Golden Lions

Reload. Several juniors returning including a couple sophomore offensive linemen. Our center was a sophomore. Starting 4th linebacker was a sophmore. Jaylon Scott at outside linebacker already had 3 D1 offers with more to come. WRs were mostly underclassmen. A rising JR QB that can absolutely sling it. Rising senior and rising junior RBs that are quick as lightening. 3 of 4 in the ssecondary returning.

We will be right back here next year.....it's great to be a Golden Lion!

Reactions: my_2cents
Reload. Several juniors returning including a couple sophomore offensive linemen. Our center was a sophomore. Starting 4th linebacker was a sophmore. Jaylon Scott at outside linebacker already had 3 D1 offers with more to come. WRs were mostly underclassmen. A rising JR QB that can absolutely sling it. Rising senior and rising junior RBs that are quick as lightening. 3 of 4 in the ssecondary returning.

We will be right back here next year.....it's great to be a Golden Lion!
it sounds like they should just go ahead and give you the 2a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR. while even bother with having to play all those games.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
I do believe that Shelby will just reload again next year the JV and middle school teams have plenty of athletes. But what I'm courious about is do y'all think that Ware will be the coach next year ? Have had couple people say that they believe that he is bound for S.C. and if so who do y'all believe would replace him.

I do believe that Shelby will just reload again next year the JV and middle school teams have plenty of athletes. But what I'm courious about is do y'all think that Ware will be the coach next year ? Have had couple people say that they believe that he is bound for S.C. and if so who do y'all believe would replace him.

Yes. According to him last night after the game...."now we start a drive for one."

(Muscle arm emoji, muscle arm emoji)

He will be back, and yes we have great stock of Athletes comming,
Thanks to all you guys for kind words, last night was difficult , this was great bunch Sr.
Seeing it end was hard, especially for Dax and Dada,and Sites

He will be back, and yes we have great stock of Athletes comming,
Thanks to all you guys for kind words, last night was difficult , this was great bunch Sr.
Seeing it end was hard, especially for Dax and Dada,and Sites

Completely understandable. Always hard on the Seniors. But they got a lot to be proud about as do you regarding your Lions!

Malik Sarratt
Dax Hollifield
Will Stites
Josh Smith
Xavier Brooks
Numerous others

Just sit a moment and think about everyting these seniors did for Shelby .... just not going to be the same not seeing or hearing these names on a weekly basis ....all you kids gave us old folks a lot of smiles over the years ! Good luck in your future endeavors

I agree Shelby lion there are very important to, but last 2 yrs of supper club i was paired with them alot, all these boys great kids.
What a ride we rode on.

Malik Sarratt
Dax Hollifield
Will Stites
Josh Smith
Xavier Brooks
Numerous others

Just sit a moment and think about everyting these seniors did for Shelby .... just not going to be the same not seeing or hearing these names on a weekly basis ....all you kids gave us old folks a lot of smiles over the years ! Good luck in your future endeavors

who's #11?

Drive for 5 all that was heard around Nc and that people felt sorry for Shelby playing South Point in 2nd round. Was said this was maybe best 2 teams in state. Yet neither even made to state title Game. So in future before people start telling the future. let the game be played. Ps wake forest is best team in state unless of course they lose title game.

Over the last 5 years we have enjoyed watching 79 Shelby High football games. The most any school could play in over the span of 5 years would be 80. Wow...what a run!!! Let's do it again!

Drive for 5 all that was heard around Nc and that people felt sorry for Shelby playing South Point in 2nd round. Was said this was maybe best 2 teams in state. Yet neither even made to state title Game. So in future before people start telling the future. let the game be played. Ps wake forest is best team in state unless of course they lose title game.

I honestly still feel those are the best 2, the same way Page beat Butler and Mallard Creek in the same year, yet I felt Butler and Mallard Creek were better. Page wanted it more.....the fight doesn't always go to the strongest and the race doesn't always go to the fastest.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
And the rings don’t go to 2nd third or fourth place. The best teams is the team that wins the last game.

Reactions: FACT24
I watched Shaquil Oneal beat an older Michael Jordan in one on one. Shaq is not the best player, not even top 2.

But shebly fans seem to think that we should play them 9 more times. Basically saying south point and Shelby would beat us 9 out of 10 times..That is BS I couldn't tell you If hibriten would or could have beaten south point, think it would have been a good game though. Realization is we didn't have to, Shelby did that for us. This is hibritens first chance to win the ring, if we do we are 2017 2aa top dogs, and to me that's best in the state, everything else is a ranking. I just think the last man standing is the best, he may not be the biggest, brightest, strongest, or smartest but he is still fighting and that's the winner!!

Reactions: Chopper747
Shelby ran out of gas. Starting with a physical East Rutherford team they went through the gauntlet. South Point hitting on all cylinders whipped them for the conference championship. Their "easy" game was against Newton, then driven by pride played their arse off to beat SP in an unfortunate rematch for both. They got by a very tough Mount Pleasant team and just couldn't pull it off against Hibriten. Not the best rep from the west this year. Sucks. If Hibriten loses it makes us all look average.

Shelby ran out of gas. Starting with a physical East Rutherford team they went through the gauntlet. South Point hitting on all cylinders whipped them for the conference championship. Their "easy" game was against Newton, then driven by pride played their arse off to beat SP in an unfortunate rematch for both. They got by a very tough Mount Pleasant team and just couldn't pull it off against Hibriten. Not the best rep from the west this year. Sucks. If Hibriten loses it makes us all look average.
You've freakin lost your mind. You got beat and that's it. End of story. Reload and come back next year. Stop the whining.

Reactions: beamer24
As in NCAA March Madness the best team from the regular season does not always win the National Championship!!!! Either Hibriten or East Duplin will be crowned the 2017 2AA State Champion Saturday around 5:00.... That’s what happens in a playoff that isn’t fixed for ratings or $$$....

Shelby can't play bad enough to lose this one. The lopsided bracket had the best three teams on one side. That would be South Point, Shelby, and Mount Pleasant. Same thing happened last year in 3a west. I talked to some coaches this week who suggested we should have some sort of oversight committee comprised of coaches to give it the Snicker test. It still wouldn't be perfect but it would reward the people who work so hard for the right to play on another week
Bitterness is a tough pill to swallow.

As in NCAA March Madness the best team from the regular season does not always win the National Championship!!!! Either Hibriten or East Duplin will be crowned the 2017 2AA State Champion Saturday around 5:00.... That’s what happens in a playoff that isn’t fixed for ratings or $$$....
thats very true, but who's to say that Hibriten or East Duplin is not the best team in 2AA this season? you could make a very legitimate argument that the winner of this game "is" the best team this season!

thats very true, but who's to say that Hibriten or East Duplin is not the best team in 2AA this season? you could make a very legitimate argument that the winner of this game "is" the best team this season!
I agree 100%.... The 2 teams left standing are very good and hope to be able to say Hibriten is the “best” this year....

32 teams had the chance and only 2 are left.... Shelby, SP, ND couldn’t get the job done this year but Hibriten and East Duplin have won every game and 1 of them is well deserving to be called a State Champion

I see your point, but I think Hibriten will play well, if they win then how do 'we' look. You have no choice but to pull for them now. I would prefer them over Mt Pleasant.

Imagine if there were no subdividing like some people want.. SP, Reidsville, Mt Heritage, Hibriten, Shelby, Mt Pleasant, Newton at full strength, etc

Whoever came out of the bracket would be low on everything anyway. I've seen seaons where a team runs out of running backs or right side corners due to injuries way into 3rd string(if they have one), having someone else go both ways or move into the position from another position. Its just one of those seasons.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT