ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Football 2017-18

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
My Shelby brethren, we lost a lot from last season's team, but like we have always done as of lately, we reload. Made it to practice today, and paid attention to detail, our offensive line is huge. This may be the biggest team we have had in years, period. We have a number 75 in the starting lineup, a sophomore, he's a physical specimen, who from what I'm told, has a great work ethic. We also add a number 72, Lattimore, a junior who will surely become a college prospect. He has size and athleticism. Former standout quarterback RJ George's little brother is a new addition to the line. He has good size and great feet, he's another athletic young man playing lineman, add those additions to veterans Turner Smith, a senior college prospect, and senior center Chase(can't think of his last name), and you have the making of a solid line. They obviously need to gain experience as a unit, but once they do, look out.

We lose Borders at receiver, he's no doubt irreplaceable, but we are so deep at receiver, and these young men are fast. We have a rising sophomore in the starting lineup, he has shown out all preseason. He will be wearing no.6. They're obviously in t shirts and shorts, but the feeling is this young man is going to be special.

The defense is a huge unit led by a trio of linebackers, but look out for defensive ends Isaac Greene and Tre Jolly, they're the biggest ends we've had in awhile, they're going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. We're tall in the secondary, tall corners in Smith and junior Dorian Davis, and Poston is a 6'2" 195lb safety.

Let us not forget that this class went undefeated in middle school, destroying everyone in their path. Only RS gave them some competition, but still lost by double digit points. We have reason for optimism, despite the departures.

Hartman at center?What is number 75 name? Any news on kicking game.

Thanks LA, sounds good, i hear we have a girl kicker on Jv that kicks better then guy's,.
All the guys on team i talk to, like our look

My Shelby brethren, we lost a lot from last season's team, but like we have always done as of lately, we reload. Made it to practice today, and paid attention to detail, our offensive line is huge. This may be the biggest team we have had in years, period. We have a number 75 in the starting lineup, a sophomore, he's a physical specimen, who from what I'm told, has a great work ethic. We also add a number 72, Lattimore, a junior who will surely become a college prospect. He has size and athleticism. Former standout quarterback RJ George's little brother is a new addition to the line. He has good size and great feet, he's another athletic young man playing lineman, add those additions to veterans Turner Smith, a senior college prospect, and senior center Chase(can't think of his last name), and you have the making of a solid line. They obviously need to gain experience as a unit, but once they do, look out.

We lose Borders at receiver, he's no doubt irreplaceable, but we are so deep at receiver, and these young men are fast. We have a rising sophomore in the starting lineup, he has shown out all preseason. He will be wearing no.6. They're obviously in t shirts and shorts, but the feeling is this young man is going to be special.

The defense is a huge unit led by a trio of linebackers, but look out for defensive ends Isaac Greene and Tre Jolly, they're the biggest ends we've had in awhile, they're going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. We're tall in the secondary, tall corners in Smith and junior Dorian Davis, and Poston is a 6'2" 195lb safety.

Let us not forget that this class went undefeated in middle school, destroying everyone in their path. Only RS gave them some competition, but still lost by double digit points. We have reason for optimism, despite the departures.
Great info thanks

lets remember that KM JV TEAMS beat this great group of new comers the last two years in a row.

Reactions: shutdownD24
We know how good Km Jv has been, ive been at both games last 2 yrs, also know the talent on varsity.
Alot of people think (we) at Shelby overlook teams ,we dont though, we know any giving nite we can get beat.
Theres quite a few teams that have ability to beat us, with that said i think Lion Attack was just stating a fact, our middle school was undefeated 2yrs ago and we are loaded with talent, Good luck to KM

the zebras get pre game steak and lobster, post game breakfast bar at Abeles, and bonus dollars based on final score! all is good by the river my friend, all is good.

I will say this Freedom will be more competitive than they were last year.

yall do remember a few years back.... beat Shelby 3 out of 4.
Very few players from those teams would start on this team imo. Freedom is tough at home so I expect it to be tough game for the Lions.

Playing in Morganton always makes the game a lot closer. Two years ago we were loaded and only won by 12. It will be a tough one for sure.

#6 MJ Allen ?

Mj is no 7, no 6 is a sophomore Donove not sure his spelling, suppose to be good

#6 MJ Allen ?
Nah, MJ is wearing no.7. No. 6 is a young man named Diovanni, don't know his last name. I never mentioned him before, because I thought the rising sophomore was just a flash in the pan, but he's for real Malik loved him from day 1, and the kid has shown out all preseason. He's fast, has great hands, and according to Malik, he doesn't get tired. They allowed him to wear no. 6 for a reason. Whether that transitions to the pads and contact, actual games, remains to be seen.

Other young players who are turning heads. Sophomore quarterback, Isaiah Bess, is going to be special, all time great special. He's a legitimate 6'3" already, and he can really spin it. He's young, and definitely has more growing to do. Sophomore running back, George Dunlap, is looking good, too. He's stout and a complete back. DaDa is obviously the starter, but Washington, Scott, and Dunlap are in a battle for no.2, the scrimmages will determine who comes out on top. They're definitely calling no.75, "Hogus", yet another sophomore. Not trying to brag, but we're going to be in contention for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72 State Champion
Nah, MJ is wearing no.7. No. 6 is a young man named Diovanni, don't know his last name. I never mentioned him before, because I thought the rising sophomore was just a flash in the pan, but he's for real Malik loved him from day 1, and the kid has shown out all preseason. He's fast, has great hands, and according to Malik, he doesn't get tired. They allowed him to wear no. 6 for a reason. Whether that transitions to the pads and contact, actual games, remains to be seen.

Other young players who are turning heads. Sophomore quarterback, Isaiah Bess, is going to be special, all time great special. He's a legitimate 6'3" already, and he can really spin it. He's young, and definitely has more growing to do. Sophomore running back, George Dunlap, is looking good, too. He's stout and a complete back. DaDa is obviously the starter, but Washington, Scott, and Dunlap are in a battle for no.2, the scrimmages will determine who comes out on top. They're definitely calling no.75, "Hogus", yet another sophomore. Not trying to brag, but we're going to be in contention for awhile.
Awesome info

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT