ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby / Carver updates

I usually stay pretty quiet but why would coach from carver allow his players to jaw at come toward and run through our kids before game... Then jawing pointing the entire first half

Sloppy game for us so far but defensively playing great

This post was edited on 11/21 9:04 PM by Shelby Lion

I wouldn't have allowed that jawing at the beginning of the game, let the play do the talking and obviously it's not saying much. Gonna be a long bus ride home.

Longest 3rd quarter ever. TD by Carver at the start of the 4th...31-14 Shelby. Carver hanging around and Shelby just playing sloppy.

Yeah GL what a sloppy third....Carver is a scrappy bunch ,should have been over a long time ago but they just keeping hanging around...need a big drive here

Shelby's defense was able to stop Carver after the turnover...Shelby still leading 31-14 with 6:45 go in the game. Shelby has the ball.

There is a flag on almost every play it seems.

Worst sportsmanship I have ever seen . Carver is playing dirty and has been all game .

Finally this game is about over.....we will win and head on over to Reidsville it appears....

Decent fight by Carver ( figuratively and literally) Sheesh

Good game Shelby. Good season Carver hopefully we can build off this season in to the next and maybe we'll meet up this time next year. If you beat Carver in the playoffs I'm riding with ya. Looks like I'll be a Shelby fan the rest of the way.

I predicted 34 - 16 Shelby. Congrats on the win guys. Next week sure will be entertaining (here and the field).

Don't forget to mention that the refs had to be the worst crew we have ever had. They had to huddle up on every flag to try to figure out what happened. It took one hour and a half to play the second half. This is one that I am glad we won so we can complain about a bunch that didn't seem to know where they were.
This post was edited on 11/21 10:46 PM by GoldenLion4Ever

I agree on the worst sportsmanship ever. It started 30 minutes before the game started and lasted the whole game. So glad to come away with a victory and not more than banged up a little.

I know the unruly play by Carver and the referees had a lot to do with the way Shelby played but if they play like this next week the season is over.Also I didn't understand the antics in the pregame by Carver,I mean did they thing they could intimidate us.What a ugly ballgame.

Salisbury acted like fools before the game too. If you're gonna act like that at least make it competitive.

Worst officiated game I have witnessed in years. Hope Shelby never has to play this dirty ,mouthy bunch again. Like 65 stated, band was great.

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
I usually stay pretty quiet but why would coach from carver allow his players to jaw at come toward and run through our kids before game... Then jawing pointing the entire first half
In 2007, my Cougars went down to Winston Salem in the 3rd round to play Carver who was ranked number 1 in 3A at the time I believe and riding a 12 game winning streak. Our guys are warming up and Carver's players come over to our side of the field and start talking MAJOR trash. I really believe they poked a sleeping bear because that seemed to piss our guys off and they laid a beatdown on the yellow jackets that night on their home field and ended their 12 game winning streak and season. So it seems this type of behavior is still going on. Its nice smacking a team around after they are talking trash to you isn't it?

What that even worse was the coaches were with the players and didn't seem to be discouraging it very much.

Quite embarrassed as a Carver fan and alumni by the pregame antics and during the game. When I Attended Carver 2000-2004 never had to do stuff like this unless it was a rival like Dudley or N. Forsyth usually both sides participated. If I coached I wouldn't allow such behavior, Carver has a rich football tradition and that doesn't need to be included. More than likely it fired the Lions up even more, major back fire. And I was there for that Ashville game that wasn't a pretty game.

Congratulations to Shelby on their win.Way to go, y'all...BTW good luck next week.☺

Statements made on the scoreboard speak loudest.

This post was edited on 11/22 3:30 PM by TGT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT