ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Kings Mountain

Congrats Mounties

took us to the woodshed

Loaded on both sides of the ball.... If they are gonna win it all, then this year is the year to do it ... stay focused

Back to drawing board for the lions, we shall be ok

Lord help us all though.... Mountie dude will be so fired up his usual grammatical errors will be liquored up on adrenaline and excitement and there is zero possibility we will be able to understand a single word he types (Much more that normal) LOL

Best of luck rest of year Mountaineers , 3a better watch out, unless they have a brain fart they are going to be HARD TO BEAT.....
Circle the wagons lions you lost to the better team, no shame in that ... take it out on the rest of the schedule....

as Crestrulz would say if he were still with us

WORD!!!!!!
Not sure I can handle Mounties post lol

Two td’s? I don’t think so..

I apologize to Kings Mountain and their fans man did I misread this game!!!! Not sure what happened to Shelby but DAMN I am stunned they got handled like that. I still have Shelby winning State, they will get it back soon.

You both may agree but nobody else outside of KM and Shelby does. If you want to claim a state title by a Shelby fans perspective because they got as far as they could that’s on you. A state title is when the best of the east plays the best of the west period. Moral state title by technicality is what it is. Win the damn thing this year! You have the team to do it.

But the years the WNCHSAA existed the best of the East didn't play the best of the west so then was there no state champions those years?

This game was a lot like the first South Point game in 2017. We came out flat, made a ton of mistakes, and just got manhandled. In the rematch that year we were more focused and played Shelby football and we saw what happened. A rematch in this game would be a completely different ball game. KM played great and we played like a turd in all facets of the game.

Congrats to KM and I hope you guys win it all!!

Oh yeah, and the 2017 4A SC undefeated State Champ Rock Hill South Pointe ranked #7 in the nation played their toughest game of the year against a little ol' 2A school from Shelby both on the stat sheet/scoreboard and on the field. We may not have scored but we played it tough until the missed conversion on 4th down at the South Pointe 35 late in the 3rd quarter down only 13-0.

Rag doll....please.

The SPe v Buford game went down to the the very end in a six point game. The York game was one score until late with SPe winning by 14.

I figured KM would win but not like that. Shelby seemed to be pressing a lot in the first half. Kings mountain IS a better team than Shelby BUT Shelby didn’t play their best. Like I said earlier though itll make both teams stronger and I truly believe that it’s going to come down to KM and Weddington in the Western finals.

Where in the world is Chopper747? He get so excited he swallow his false teeth???

Cmon Chopper....Put down the Wild irish rose and give us your best :)

.....and it's good you all dropped the ball scheduling Vance. They're at least 3 TD's better than KM with a grim reaper defense. It would have been a shut out like RHSPe except more like 65-0

...and you can go ahead and crown KM Clev. Cty champs. They will smoke Crest like a burnt smoked sausage before the 2nd qtr.

Reactions: footsoldier
I went to the game last night and KM is for real. As good as they were last year they are better in 2019. Shelby is the largest, best 2A team I’ve ever seen in NC and they got HIT. Shelby Lion is correct, KM dominated all four quarters both ways. Shelby had a few glimmers here and there but never enough and Mountaineers always answered right back. They are like former professional wrestler Lex Luger....the “total package”. If we meet them in post season it will be war to the finish.

I was truly impressed. They are a force. QB is strong and athletic. Good arm strength. Not always accurate but that receiving corp would make any QB look good. The 4th quarter td throw into the corner of the end zone was absolutely perfect.

Huge crowd both sides. Stands were PACKED. I did an approximation count of both sides and added in the hill sitters and standers on the track and up top all across the KM side and came up with appx 3800 people. Any one saying 8-9000 people is a liar. Attendance figures from fans at HS games are the most bloated numbers for anything all across the land.

Love the KMHS topiary. That is neat. New turf rocks too. First trip there for me.

Last year KM was an excellent squad, this year they are special. I believe the only team that can defeat them is Catholic. Boys, I believe that game is on the horizon and will be at John Gamble . Write it down.

Shutdown..belive me pal ive watched yourgame film...
Your offense is pretty dang good..your D doesnt impress me that much....
You have yet to play a good team on offense...besides Burns and they played terrible.
Its funny u wanna make out like its Shelby peeps running off at mouth...you kinda started saying Km would beat us and cause us to be 1 d dimensional u dont have a clue
Shelby jvs are 2-0
Not anymore lol

I went to the game last night and KM is for real. As good as they were last year they are better in 2019. Shelby is the largest, best 2A team I’ve ever seen in NC and they got HIT. Shelby Lion is correct, KM dominated all four quarters both ways. Shelby had a few glimmers here and there but never enough and Mountaineers always answered right back. They are like former professional wrestler Lex Luger....the “total package”. If we meet them in post season it will be war to the finish.

I was truly impressed. They are a force. QB is strong and athletic. Good arm strength. Not always accurate but that receiving corp would make any QB look good. The 4th quarter td throw into the corner of the end zone was absolutely perfect.

Huge crowd both sides. Stands were PACKED. I did an approximation count of both sides and added in the hill sitters and standers on the track and up top all across the KM side and came up with appx 3800 people. Any one saying 8-9000 people is a liar. Attendance figures from fans at HS games are the most bloated numbers for anything all across the land.

Love the KMHS topiary. That is neat. New turf rocks too. First trip there for me.

Last year KM was an excellent squad, this year they are special. I believe the only team that can defeat them is Catholic. Boys, I believe that game is on the horizon and will be at John Gamble . Write it down.
Thank FOOT far the kind words lot of football to be played I am sure COACH LLOYD will not let this team get to far ahead of themselves and we know that CATHOLIC IS CATHOLIC.

Reactions: seadog28
Shutdown..belive me pal ive watched yourgame film...
Your offense is pretty dang good..your D doesnt impress me that much....
You have yet to play a good team on offense...besides Burns and they played terrible.
Its funny u wanna make out like its Shelby peeps running off at mouth...you kinda started saying Km would beat us and cause us to be 1 d dimensional u dont have a clue
Your game film analysis obviously sucks lol. Stick to your day job of washing jock straps and cleaning urinals. Sorry I couldn’t resist any longer. Title this one: When Stupidity Comes Back to Haunt You lol.

Last edited:
^ Like Mule didn't already know... lol

They love to see us lose... and by god when we do like tonight, we do it BIG.... ha
When I left the Reidsville game the last score I heard was 28-17 KM. You guys weren't posting the score on the thread so that is why I asked.

And no, not all Reidsville posters love to see Shelby lose.

When I left the Reidsville game the last score I heard was 28-17 KM. You guys weren't posting the score on the thread so that is why I asked.

And no, not all Reidsville posters love to see Shelby lose

I believe you because a win for Shelby is a win for all you glorified(sub varsity) JV teams

Your game film analysis obviously sucks lol. Stick to your day job of washing jock straps and cleaning urinals. Sorry I couldn’t resist any longer. Title this one: When Stupidity Comes Back to Haunt You lol.

Good luck getting Shelbyfan1 on here today. He's down at the Shelby fieldhouse peeking through Coach Wilbanks' window "watching game film with the coaches." The coaching staff may need to consider a 50B for this clown. Never seen someone so desperate to be around a group of high schoolers in my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: shutdownD24
Good luck getting Shelbyfan1 on here today. He's down at the Shelby fieldhouse peeking through Coach Wilbanks' window "watching game film with the coaches." The coaching staff may need to consider a 50B for this clown. Never seen someone so desperate to be around a group of high schoolers in my life.
Lol. He probably hiding in a broom closet under a pile of dirty socks inside the Shelby field-house. I’d hire Stevie Wonder to help me study game film before I take Sf1 input lol.

Shutdown. Km played outstanding last night prepared from start to finish.
And yes i was at fieldhouse but was pulling your chain bout seeing film..good luck rest of way.
.And Crest charger u knowing bout me pal...so dont pretend...
Only 50 b taking out neeed. To be against Crest coaches following our kids home and trying to get them to tranfer...

Reactions: shutdownD24
So KM has been winning big like this without their starting running back?

That's kinda scary
If #21 and #3KM don’t start for any roster they are on please tell me the program and they’re idiots. Maybe Mounties are down a RB but those guys are not reserves.

I like the TD club building too. That deck is slick. Hey can you buy liquor in there?

Last edited:
Shutdown. Km played outstanding last night prepared from start to finish.
And yes i was at fieldhouse but was pulling your chain bout seeing film..good luck rest of way.
.And Crest charger u knowing bout me pal...so dont pretend...
Only 50 b taking out neeed. To be against Crest coaches following our kids home and trying to get them to tranfer...
Glad you can take a joke, just messing with you some...

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Some observations:

1. KM flat out played Shelby and were the better team last night.
2. KM's defensive line dominated our O line.
3. With that said why Shelby OC didn't adjust and throw shorter and out in the flats is a mystery (not calling for anyones job here), we do did go away from what has worked amazingly well for us since the middle of last year, which is short over the middle (which was wide open most of the night). The check down receiver in the flat was wide open most of the night. However the play was called for at least 3 of the receivers to run 40 yds down field and our O line couldn't keep that strong D line off of Bess. Never really tried to run it much either, probably wouldn't have been very successful but it might have kept them a little more honest.
4. KM's O line dominated our D line except for Flack, he is a beast in the making and Crest needs to stay away from him. Our LB's seemed out of place all night (most likely the scheme KM was employing).
5. We just have a DB this year that can cover a #12 with some help and have any success.
6. The KM QB is really good.
7. I thought Coach Lloyd called a really good game for KM last night.
8. Final thought and this is more for everyone left on their schedule KM is big and quick up front on both sides of the ball and really fast on the back end on both sides of the ball. They are going to be a really out for anybody they play this year.

Now go win your state title and make the county complete!!!

Reactions: KM2ASU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT