ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby at Kings Mountain

Actually, with this being a 3A thread about KM/Shelby, I believe the conversation is where it needs to be. Spoke with some older gentleman this past weekend and they said they the old WNCHSAA was very competitive and most years was the premier football league in the state. TRUEdynasty, do you understand where I am going with this?

I don't think so....

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
MADDOG you are right to put me in my place, I had forgotten that the MIGHTY BURN BULLDOGS HAS A TROPHY CASE FULL OF STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES. [Please forgive me.]
You don’t have any big mouth at least not in football. The only team in Cleveland County without one. Lol. Keep smoking that pipe Mountie. I will be laughing tomorrow night on the Shelby side. Chump.

KM jv’s 30-13 3rd quarter. The baby Mounties setting the tone for tomorrow night..

Actually, with this being a 3A thread about KM/Shelby, I believe the conversation is where it needs to be. Spoke with some older gentleman this past weekend and they said they the old WNCHSAA was very competitive and most years was the premier football league in the state. TRUEdynasty, do you understand where I am going with this?
We both agree that a WNCHSSA Championship is a State Championship. Kings Mountain was the 1956 WNCHSSA State Champions with a 10-0-1 record. So even though Kings Mountain hasn’t won a recent State Championship, we can stop with the KM is the only school not to win one. They do have one technically.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
We both agree that a WNCHSSA Championship is a State Championship. Kings Mountain was the 1956 WNCHSSA State Champions with a 10-0-1 record. So even though Kings Mountain hasn’t won a recent State Championship, we can stop with the KM is the only school not to win one. They do have one technically.
My grandson is an employee at KM and sent me a picture of the trophy earlier today.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
You both may agree but nobody else outside of KM and Shelby does. If you want to claim a state title by a Shelby fans perspective because they got as far as they could that’s on you. A state title is when the best of the east plays the best of the west period. Moral state title by technicality is what it is. Win the damn thing this year! You have the team to do it.

Whoever said Shelby is unbeatable in another thread is just absolutely clueless.
Those threads and posts come from people that want Shelby to lose.I personally believe KM is unbeatable but we will see.

Shutdown..belive me pal ive watched yourgame film...
Your offense is pretty dang good..your D doesnt impress me that much....
You have yet to play a good team on offense...besides Burns and they played terrible.
Its funny u wanna make out like its Shelby peeps running off at mouth...you kinda started saying Km would beat us and cause us to be 1 d dimensional u dont have a clue

Seadog is the puppet master.... Creates an unbeatable thread, then the puppets on the strings all jump on and think we "Shelby fans" created it...

LOL I think its funny....

Kings Mountain is our biggest test, could very well beat us tonight... if so the sun will rise tomorrow and there will be a bunch of season left

Same applies for Kings Mountain

Hope its a great game, and more importantly I hope both come out injury free...Will help both teams in the end

*Either way win or lose for either it aint the end of the world, no matter what a bunch of old goofballs like all of us think or say*

KM JVS 48 SHELBY JVS 19 does this maybe look like the future of the MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS may not be so BRIGHT.
Nah, it just means that we play quite a few sophomores and a couple of freshmen on the varsity, players who are not 8 quartered, youngins that actually start, or are second units players seeing significant, starter like minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo1999
Shutdown..belive me pal ive watched yourgame film...
Your offense is pretty dang good..your D doesnt impress me that much....
You have yet to play a good team on offense...besides Burns and they played terrible.
Its funny u wanna make out like its Shelby peeps running off at mouth...you kinda started saying Km would beat us and cause us to be 1 d dimensional u dont have a clue
Lord forbid that someone has a different opinion of Shelby than yours on here lol. Dude you always flapping your gums with no idea what YOU are talking about. Talking about you watched game film lol. Shelby will win the state easily but your guys are taking an L tonight.

Lord forbid that someone has a different opinion of Shelby than yours on here lol. Dude you always flapping your gums with no idea what YOU are talking about. Talking about you watched game film lol. Shelby will win the state easily but your guys are taking an L tonight.
Wouldn’t say easily win state. Just saying.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Back when Crest was 4A...

article-1371251-0B6205FB00000578-734_634x386.jpg
You're right the zebra's helped Crest a ton!

As a neutral party i agree and think KM wins in a close one.

Shutdown.buddy im afraid u have no clue...im in fieldhouse about everyday...i saw what team saw...
So your the DA flapping them gums....
And again ill say your defense didnt impress...
If u beat us ill be 1st to congrat u..
But dont see it!

For the first time ever I will be picking a team to beat Shelby. I think KM gets it done this year personally. This will be the best competition for either team until playoffs, most likely the best team Shelby will play no matter what. Kings Mtn is tough and have some BIG kids that can move. Shelby is fast and they will put up points and score, but so will KM. Neither defense has been tested at all to this point in the season but KM more so than Shelby. I think KM wins this one by 3 or less.

The greatest thing about this game is that at the end of the day it’s only bragging rights and it will help prepare BOTH teams for the playoffs and when it’s all said and done that’s what you want. Ready to see this thing pan out tonight.

For the first time ever I will be picking a team to beat Shelby. I think KM gets it done this year personally. This will be the best competition for either team until playoffs, most likely the best team Shelby will play no matter what. Kings Mtn is tough and have some BIG kids that can move. Shelby is fast and they will put up points and score, but so will KM. Neither defense has been tested at all to this point in the season but KM more so than Shelby. I think KM wins this one by 3 or less.

The greatest thing about this game is that at the end of the day it’s only bragging rights and it will help prepare BOTH teams for the playoffs and when it’s all said and done that’s what you want. Ready to see this thing pan out tonight.
Bulldog you are correct, this game is just bragging rights. In the end the questions is, what would you rather beat Km or win another state championship and I am pretty sure what the answer will be. I don't see anyone completely shutting down Shelby but Km may be able to out score them. Look for high scoring game with neither team winning by more than a touchdown Too close to call. Good luck to both teams and good luck to the bulldogs. Worked there for 25 years back in the 80's and 90's so has a special place in my heart.

Im I'm on here congrats to Kings Mountain they kicked our butt best blow up the rest of the way y'all got a good football team

Congrats Mounties

took us to the woodshed

Loaded on both sides of the ball.... If they are gonna win it all, then this year is the year to do it ... stay focused

Back to drawing board for the lions, we shall be ok

Lord help us all though.... Mountie dude will be so fired up his usual grammatical errors will be liquored up on adrenaline and excitement and there is zero possibility we will be able to understand a single word he types (Much more that normal) LOL

Best of luck rest of year Mountaineers , 3a better watch out, unless they have a brain fart they are going to be HARD TO BEAT.....
Circle the wagons lions you lost to the better team, no shame in that ... take it out on the rest of the schedule....

as Crestrulz would say if he were still with us

WORD!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT