ADVERTISEMENT

SEC predictions

Could be an interesting year...,but from what I have seen ,I don't see the Raiders in that ONE SPOT....but it is early....nuff said...

Too early to know. Lots of practices between now and opening week. Plenty of time for young players to get reps. Go RAIDERS!!

I would think Scotland would be the favorite with White in the backfield and apparently last year they had a freshman now sophomore runningback behind him who is great too. I saw him on film vs North Davidson and he looked great.

I would think Scotland would be the favorite with White in the backfield and apparently last year they had a freshman now sophomore runningback behind him who is great too. I saw him on film vs North Davidson and he looked great.
Cougar if Scotland can correct a few things this has the makings of the best team since 2011. They have size all over the place and you are right about the freshman he is a jack of all trades. One of the biggest group of lb's in the state and they can run. Young but talent galore all in that 6'1 plus range. injuries are always a key but a lot of good young talent on this team.

Cougar if Scotland can correct a few things this has the makings of the best team since 2011. They have size all over the place and you are right about the freshman he is a jack of all trades. One of the biggest group of lb's in the state and they can run. Young but talent galore all in that 6'1 plus range. injuries are always a key but a lot of good young talent on this team.
Injuries are key you are right, but in 4A this year I feel like size on the line will be so key. How good is their pass defense? I know North Davidson cut them apart through the air in the 3rd round last year.
Also who would be the surprise in this conference to maybe upset one of the top 3 or even steal 3rd from Pinecrest?

Injuries are key you are right, but in 4A this year I feel like size on the line will be so key. How good is their pass defense? I know North Davidson cut them apart through the air in the 3rd round last year.
Also who would be the surprise in this conference to maybe upset one of the top 3 or even steal 3rd from Pinecrest?
The secondary has players and I will leave it at that. They got torched by nd for sure and that is the area of concern. There 2 safeties have d 1 size one is about 5'ft 11 the other is a little taller. The corners are some what small but should be better this year. I would not be surprised if the freshman (now sophomore) gets some run back there. He would be a difference maker. Lumberton would be my guest but PC, RC and SC are heads above the rest. RC has closed the gap but they lack line play on the o to go with the skilled players IMO. I love their DL. #48 is a player.

Special teams got to be better this coming year for the Scots. Zamir bigger stronger and better with more help offensively , so the Scots on that side of the ball will be hard to stop.
At Pinecrest and at Richmond conference
At Jack britt

Last edited:
Special teams got to be better this coming year for the Scots. Zamir bigger stronger and better with more help offensively , so the Scots on that side of the ball will be hard to stop.
At Pinecrest and at Richmond conference
At Jack britt
great point enough of the long returns - too many athletes out there for teams to be taking it to the house.

Last year with a 98 yard kickoff return to start the year was a bad sign that turned out to be true. We were lost on what to do kicking off.
Containing a scrambling qb, that compared with one that could throw was hard for the Scots to handle. Ofcourse that's difficult for anyone.
Back to back playoff matchups like that was what ended kast years season.
Looking forward to this season as all .

Last year with a 98 yard kickoff return to start the year was a bad sign that turned out to be true. We were lost on what to do kicking off.
Containing a scrambling qb, that compared with one that could throw was hard for the Scots to handle. Ofcourse that's difficult for anyone.
Back to back playoff matchups like that was what ended kast years season.
Looking forward to this season as all .
Scotswin the most disappointing thing from last year was davie county and north davidson basically ran the same wide open offense and we look lost both games. I don't think that can be laid at the players feet. There was something going on in the secondary at the end of the year and i hope they clean it up. ND and Davie County are no better on O than RC and we held them in check for 3.5 quarters and one of their td's was a return (special teams). I know we had some kids banged up but there has to be a next man up mentality at 4a level. we have plenty of players on the roster.

until someone knocks them off i think scotland has to be at the top. Lumberton could be a sleeper this year they have a young talented qb (freshmen last year i think). pinecrest lost a lot off of last years team that 3 spot may be up for grasp this year

I agree. Until someone in the conf knocks them off they are the favorites. There is no question RC will be good if not better than last season but SC will be very good as well and they have manhandled the Raiders for years now. As for the playoffs, that's a diff story all together.

Port you want hear a lot of folks say it from SC but this is as talented of a team SC has had since 2011. The ? will be qb, efficient passing game and obviously can we improve in the secondary. The freshman from last year should be a nice addition to keep the defenses off balance and not on #34 all the time. The front 7 for Scotland will be as big as anyone in the state with the exception of Creek and probably EF. The lb's are all in that 6'1'' to 6' 3" range and weigh about 220 on avg and can run. They key will be how well they can cover. If they can't cover then they better let them loose and get after the qb. IMO no excuses for SC nothing against the other powers in the west or east but SC has no excuses at this point barring major injuries. Not going to make predictions because Dudley, Catholic and ND will all be very good but this year a 2nd round exit will be more than sad faces for some.

this is as talented of a team SC has had since 2011
very bold statement 2013's squad was pretty good (besides the one game). this years team will be relatively young yes they are talented but a lot of those guys haven't even played meaningful snaps on the varsity level

Not even July yet.. But the scots have already been CROWNED conference champs! Lol

RC and SC will probably end up being top 10-15 teams in the state. PC probably will not be better than that. Also, there is a lot of drama going on over there.

very bold statement 2013's squad was pretty good (besides the one game). this years team will be relatively young yes they are talented but a lot of those guys haven't even played meaningful snaps on the varsity level

That team was very limited on offense - and gave up a lot of points at the end of the season. Also they didn't have the d1 type talent this team has IMO. Time will tell. Conference championships are great for seedings but that should not be the ultimate goal. Yes they are young but i will take talented young players opposed to non-talented older players any day of the week.

RC and SC will probably end up being top 10-15 teams in the state. PC probably will not be better than that. Also, there is a lot of drama going on over there.
Yeah but you can't keep bringing up Novembers situation. Are you saying or guessing that they lost players due to the Drama?

If you take away the Drama past, do you still have the same good players and same great team?

That team was very limited on offense - and gave up a lot of points at the end of the season. Also they didn't have the d1 type talent this team has IMO. Time will tell. Conference championships are great for seedings but that should not be the ultimate goal. Yes they are young but i will take talented young players opposed to non-talented older players any day of the week.
and this years team wont be limited on offense? there gonna have a down flied passing game? everyone knows injuries caught up with us late in the season and i dnt remember you guys saying we were untalented or limited when we were putting up atleast 40 on everyone. and these guys have way more exposure then we ever had so they should have more d1 prospects

and this years team wont be limited on offense? there gonna have a down flied passing game? everyone knows injuries caught up with us late in the season and i dont remember you guys saying we were untalented or limited when we were putting up atleast 40 on everyone. and these guys have way more exposure then we ever had so they should have more d1 prospects
That team had a ton of injuries for sure but like all team it had flaws. They were very good but I think this team from early accounts has more talent all around again just my opinion and like all of them on these boards it doesn't mean anything. i would hope every scots fan would hope this teams is as talented and more because as good as that team was it fell short to a great dudley defensive team. I want get into the exposure thing because when u have one of the best players in the nation in any class it will benefit a lot of kids and that is a good thing.

Jmac all I'm saying is let them play some games on the varsity level before you make such statements. honestly it doesn't matter if they are better or more talented than us or even the 2011 squad all that matters is a state championship ring that should be the goal not to be better than any other class

Until a realignment, talking about who's gonna finish 1-2-3 in the SEC is a 3 team discussion. As much as I would like to see different, there has just been a huge gap between 1-3 and 4-6. Maybe this year will prove different....one can hope!!!
Lumberton has some potential this year if what I hear is correct.
I would love to see Swett become a consistently solid program. There are some great young men around here and they deserve to see some success on the gridiron.
Hoke has really always baffled me.....they have the advantage of one school for entire county, while it may be a small county, it's no smaller than Scotland. They should be having more success without a doubt.
My projections for this year, with limited info, is probably more of a guess/gut instinct....
1. Scotland
2. Richmond
3. Pinecrest
4. Swett
5. Ltown
6. Hoke

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
Until a realignment, talking about who's gonna finish 1-2-3 in the SEC is a 3 team discussion. As much as I would like to see different, there has just been a huge gap between 1-3 and 3-6. Maybe this year will prove different....one can hope!!!
Lumberton has some potential this year if what I hear is correct.
I would love to see Swett become a consistently solid program. There are some great young men around here and they deserve to see some success on the gridiron.
Hoke has really always baffled me.....they have the advantage of one school for entire county, while it may be a small county, it's no smaller than Scotland. They should be having more success without a doubt.
My projections for this year, with limited info, is probably more of a guess/gut instinct....
1. Scotland
2. Richmond
3. Pinecrest
4. Swett
5. Ltown
6. Hoke
Ok I can agree with this PSR sir.

This group of kids are doubting Pinecrest.........Dont really know why. The Scotties and Richie Rich are always the top news Contenders.

Richie Rich can have 3 boys lay a turd in the trenches and it wouldnt smell, But as soon as one of them Richie Rich crew members hears about Pinecrest peeeing on the sidelines, NCpreps goes buck wild and the newspapers type 300 words a minute.....

Incredible

the thing about pinecrest for me is they graduated a lot of players off of last years team so there are a lot of unknowns over there right now

until someone knocks them off i think scotland has to be at the top. Lumberton could be a sleeper this year they have a young talented qb (freshmen last year i think). pinecrest lost a lot off of last years team that 3 spot may be up for grasp this year
I agree here. Scotland should be the favorite in this conference until someone in the conference knocks them off.

Too much beer Bro........
I believe papa B-n-F was in town at the Wing Company right after the 2016 Mistress Pageant was over.

He dranked too many of them dranks until 3a.m. I was told there wus some crazy folks out there that when the DJ shut the music down......that was a sign to jet because trouble was in the air.

HINT: GUNS on the hip and Beer dont mix well around Pembroke

I wonder if GSO will have any answers to GUNS and Beer in Pembroke

------------------------------------------------- Break -------------------------------------------------

Lets get back to the Richie Rich Top Seeded Political subject. The Scotties say they will be on top and the Pine Boys are being left out cause of old news........it's 2016 folks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT