ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Conference Trifecta

Raider7967

Oct 11, 2011
The SEC conference will have a chance to pull a trifecta with three Raleigh teams in the second round:

Pinecrest @ Wake Forest-This is interesting. Pinecrest is solid and they play a ball control style of football. How good is Wake Forest? We shall see, but Pinecrest is no pushover. Can Pinecrest pull this one out?

Millbrook @ Richmond-We can't sleep on anyone and I don't think we will. It's win or go home time.

East Wake @ Scotland-Scotland already played one of the tougher teams in DH Conley. IDK much about East Wake, but I see a victory for Scotland.

The question is can all three teams advance and make a statement for the conference? Or does Raleigh make a statement?
This post was edited on 11/16 1:47 AM by Raider7967

I think the Scots and raiders are favored in their games, but need to come ready to play and not overlook their opponents. Pinecrest can win if they play the way they did against the Scots and the raiders. I can see all 3 winning but all 3 could lose, it's the playoffs so you never know. I think the SEC goes 2-1 though.

The Raiders should be fine with Millbrook.
East Wake throws the ball all over the place, big adjustment from last weeks DH Conley game for Scotland..
Hope the Scots are a little more healthy this week..
Pinecrest with definitely a shot at Wake Forest.

Millbrook had an RB gain 338 yds by himself vs Jack Britt Friday night.

Scotland doesn't like passing teams, but they have too much team speed for EW.

Pinecrest can drain the clock, which could make things interesting vs WF.

Originally posted by Scots9000:
I think the Scots and raiders are favored in their games, but need to come ready to play and not overlook their opponents. Pinecrest can win if they play the way they did against the Scots and the raiders. I can see all 3 winning but all 3 could lose, it's the playoffs so you never know. I think the SEC goes 2-1 though.
Agreed. It's the playoffs and all teams need to be ready. This is the time of year when you don't want that "off" night. Considering everybody plays well, I think 2-1 is the most likely scenario. I still think Pinecrest can pull this one out if they play one of their better games. This will answer some questions as to WF and just how strong they are.

Good luck to all the SEC teams and hope for injury free games.

Originally posted by Football-Friday:

Millbrook had an RB gain 338 yds by himself vs Jack Britt Friday night.

Scotland doesn't like passing teams, but they have too much team speed for EW.
The Millbrook back will need at least that to win at Richmond.
A good quality passing team is difficult, the qb must also be quick of
foot moving around the pocket and running the ball like Hinton..

Richmond has had multiple games with 3 RBs going over 100 yards each. I know Grant and Little both went over 100 yards each vs Britt. They also had very little difficulty defeating Jack Britt. This means nothing.

Scotland and Pinecrest did expose Richmond's inability to stop the run. Should be fun to see which team's RBs get to put on a show Friday.

Scotswin, Harrington is more than capable of scrambling out of the pocket for East Wake, not to mention a very good back in Rhem coming out of the backfield (who is also their backup QB). Our offense shouldn't have a problem scoring but we don't want to get in a shootout with these guys.

I like Richmond to continue their march into the Quarters with a battle against WF. Richmond's speed will be too much for Millbrook to overcome.

Pinecrest and WF is definitely the game of the week (in the East). I look for Pinecrest to once again use time consuming drives to limit the possessions WF has. I still think WF is too balanced to let PC come in and leave with a win. I hope I'm wrong but I think this matchup favors WF.

Good luck to all SEC teams!

Pinecrest against Wake Forest could be over in about 2 hours because WF is a wing T team and they are traditionally not great at throwing the ball. So basically they both play the same style of football.

SEC will Go 3-0 this week... Pinecrest is very capable of winning vs WF. The Fighting SCOTS and Richmond take care of business as well...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT