ADVERTISEMENT

Season In February will not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think if you'd do a little research you'd find many local and state candiates that have no desire to raise taxes. That's a talking point usually with little backing.

Who represents you guys in the state house and senate?

With that said, we keep sending the same people to Raleigh. What exactly have they done for you? What about your schools? I wish people would really really research local races and not just go vote for someone because of their party.

Meanwhile the state income tax has been capped which means they'll eventually start adding taxes on other things. I mean up until about 5 years ago labor wasn't taxable on things like auto repair and home repair. Now it is.

I wish we'd get rid of income tax and just raise the sales tax however.

Guys you have a high school football coach who served in the NC House living in Sen Phil Berger’s district.

Guys you have a high school football coach who served in the NC House living in Sen Phil Berger’s district.
Diamont was not only an East Surry coach, but he was involved in politics. A Democrat living in Pilot Mountain, he served in the N.C. House of Representatives from 1974-94. In 1989, he was named chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.

Last edited:
Diamont was not only an East Surry coach, but he was involved in politics. A Democrat living in Pilot Mountain, he served in the N.C. House of Representatives from 1974-94. In 1989, he was named chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.

Im not voting for shutting down the government/state thats 4 sure.

I dont need to research the candidates.
Show me one Democrat that is against abortion and will stick to it Id consider it.

Reactions: dogtuff
The issue is, that abortion isn't a state issue. State candiates shouldn't even be discussing abortion. If they are, then they are just trying to get your vote. They're also probably not fit to do the job if they're focus is a national issue they can't do anything about instead of local issues.

You should always always always research every single candiate! It's a disservice to your communities when you don't.

The issue is BK, that people take 1 issue to the ballot box. That's why our schools are incredibly underfunded and being destroyed. That's why our rural counties such as Graham don't have broadband access. That's why hundreds of thousands can't get the healthcare they need. That's why small businesses didn't get the help they need. That's why people can't get the unemployment they need during tough times.

Phil Berger and his cronies haven't done a thing for the state. Do you even know where your local candidates stand on your one issue? Or do you assume just because of the letter next to their name?

You'd be surprised to know I didn't vote straight ticket. I researched every race and made an informed decision based upon who I thought would provide the best leadership and service to the state of NC.

Last edited:
I know where Roy Cooper stands on Covid and what he says, and I don’t stand on the same ground.

can someone also tell me what Roy Cooper has done that’s been a positive for this state? If cared about teachers and public schools like you say he does, he would have had a teacher pay raise approved. DO NOT respond saying he wanted to but it wasn’t “enough”. I don’t know a single teacher who would have rejected that 4.5% raise compared to the 0% that was given.

Roy Cooper and the Democrats are a complete disaster right now in 2020, a complete threat to our state & country.

Considering most teachers were left out, I know plenty that were fine with him fighting for more. His budget proposals have far exceeded the crumbs of the NCGA budgets. Stop with this take what you get mentality! Fight and demand what you deserve! There is no reason for the NCGA to keep crapping on teachers like they do.

Considering most teachers were left out, I know plenty that were fine with him fighting for more. His budget proposals have far exceeded the crumbs of the NCGA budgets. Stop with this take what you get mentality! Fight and demand what you deserve! There is no reason for the NCGA to keep crapping on teachers like they do.

I don’t know a single teacher who was “fine” with him fighting for more while not getting anything. But then again, you know more than me and every other poster on this board.

Reactions: KW23
Did you even bother to ask how people felt, Why do you refuse to acknowledge the NCGA has refused to even negotiate a new budget going on for 2 years? How many teachers were left out of the raises? That's the issue. The problem is they refuse to give across the board raises while crapping on usually veteren teachers. As I said, stop accepting crumbs and "this is the best we can do" and demand what you are worth. No reason NC should be a cellar dweller in teacher pay. Maybe that economy isn't as good as the NCGA wants you to believe it is.

It's not about knowing more than anyone else. It's about taking off party blinders and digging into the issues.

I vote for one Democrat every election.
She will never be able to advance abortion. She is clerk of court.

Are you saying our 2 senators dont vote on such laws?

Also these state politicians move up. Im not helping them get to the US Senate or house.

I consider both parties at the county level. We dont have many Democrats her.
1. Republicans are the largest voting block by far here.
2. Independent are the next biggest voting block.
3 Democrats are the smallest of the 3 and
vote Republican alot. A whole lot. Especially for POTUS.

I wasn't even talking about US senate. I'm merely discussing state and local races. One issue is the 2 party system. Republicans will stay in power in parts of the state just like Democrats will no matter what until gerrymandering ends and a 3rd party is given a voice.

With that said, the liklihood of a state senator or state house rep from your parts just like my parts getting a push to a US senate race is slim to nothing. US house maybe.

At least we can discuss and not want to kill each other for once

I miss sports

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Unaffiliated voters need a much easier path to get on the ballot than the petition method that currently exists. I think most folks are fed up with two party politics and unaffiliated voters will be the largest single group in the state soon. Additionally, many partisan races should be non-partisan.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Did you even bother to ask how people felt, Why do you refuse to acknowledge the NCGA has refused to even negotiate a new budget going on for 2 years? How many teachers were left out of the raises? That's the issue. The problem is they refuse to give across the board raises while crapping on usually veteren teachers. As I said, stop accepting crumbs and "this is the best we can do" and demand what you are worth. No reason NC should be a cellar dweller in teacher pay. Maybe that economy isn't as good as the NCGA wants you to believe it is.

It's not about knowing more than anyone else. It's about taking off party blinders and digging into the issues.

the economy, middle class wages and business before covid was the best it had been since Reagan. We were just beginning to recover from Obamacare and all the democrats restrictions that sent millions of jobs overseas. Trump fought nafta and cafta getting a better deal. The ncga has a surplus that was needed especially during covid. I don’t agree with the party on public schools but I agree on most everything else.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I wasn't even talking about US senate. I'm merely discussing state and local races. One issue is the 2 party system. Republicans will stay in power in parts of the state just like Democrats will no matter what until gerrymandering ends and a 3rd party is given a voice.

With that said, the liklihood of a state senator or state house rep from your parts just like my parts getting a push to a US senate race is slim to nothing. US house maybe.

At least we can discuss and not want to kill each other for once

I miss sports

a third party would be nice. Unfortunately it costs a fair amount of money to be elected even in a local election

a third party would be nice. Unfortunately it costs a fair amount of money to be elected even in a local election
Wouldn’t cost nearly as much if the races were non-partisan. Of our seven council members and mayor, six spent exactly ten dollars each...the filing fee. Each had spent about six or seven hundred dollars apiece two years ago on signs and used them again. I much prefer people who vote their conscience instead of how their party boss directs them.
Many state legislators will tell you privately that there are two or three members in each chamber who make all the decisions. They control how their members vote and whether bills ever make it to a vote. You have to hold fundraisers for those leaders and vote how they tell you. Otherwise, you’ll be “primaried”. Most members are disposable yes men. It’s a sham.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Even if they only have a slim chance to make the US Senate or House thats more of a chance than Im comfortable with.

the economy, middle class wages and business before covid was the best it had been since Reagan. We were just beginning to recover from Obamacare and all the democrats restrictions that sent millions of jobs overseas. Trump fought nafta and cafta getting a better deal. The ncga has a surplus that was needed especially during covid. I don’t agree with the party on public schools but I agree on most everything else.

But they've refused to use that surplus.

Partisan politics don't belong in any local race.

Wouldn’t cost nearly as much if the races were non-partisan. Of our seven council members and mayor, six spent exactly ten dollars each...the filing fee. Each had spent about six or seven hundred dollars apiece two years ago on signs and used them again. I much prefer people who vote their conscience instead of how their party boss directs them.
Many state legislators will tell you privately that there are two or three members in each chamber who make all the decisions. They control how their members vote and whether bills ever make it to a vote. You have to hold fundraisers for those leaders and vote how they tell you. Otherwise, you’ll be “primaried”. Most members are disposable yes men. It’s a sham.

Those dirty politics have take over the NCGA to say the least.

House of cards gives a pretty good picture of how both parties on national level operate. You have to have 50 or 100 k to run for senate in N.C.

We have shut down our economy and left our kids at home alone with only their parents trying to school them. We have confused most US house holds as to how to live their lives and who they can trust. How many of you watched the movie Idiocracy? We are starting to rival it, next thing you know we will try to water our crops with Gatorade. This is the greatest country in the world with opportunity a plenty. Grow up and except what the situation is and PLAY BALL!!! I am Pretty sure the Bulls did not quarantine after Jordan played with the Flu!!!

Reactions: Mhsneer

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mhsneer
We have shut down our economy and left our kids at home alone with only their parents trying to school them. We have confused most US house holds as to how to live their lives and who they can trust. How many of you watched the movie Idiocracy? We are starting to rival it, next thing you know we will try to water our crops with Gatorade. This is the greatest country in the world with opportunity a plenty. Grow up and except what the situation is and PLAY BALL!!! I am Pretty sure the Bulls did not quarantine after Jordan played with the Flu!!!

Ok then grow up, accept that this isn't the flu, and wear a mask.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Are you saying our 2 senators dont vote on such laws?

Also these state politicians move up. Im not helping them get to the US Senate or house.

I consider both parties at the county level. We dont have many Democrats her.
1. Republicans are the largest voting block by far here.
2. Independent are the next biggest voting block.
3 Democrats are the smallest of the 3 and
vote Republican alot. A whole lot. Especially for POTUS.
What has that got you BK ? One of the poorest counties in the state.

Last edited:
They're are poor counties with democrat representation. The issue is, people keep sending the same people or party to represent them over and over even when those people don't do anything to help them out.

I voted against every incumbent in my district. A few of them I voted for in the past but I don't think they've done their job. When they don't do their job run them off. Eventually someone you send to do it will get the picture and do what they are supposed to.

It's like this, we favor party like we do family/friends. If you have a family member that is a contractor, that comes over to your house to hang a door, are you going to let them fix the busted pipe under your house or repair the roof if the door falls off the hinges 1 year after they put it up? I know it may be difficult to do because they're family, but you're probably not going to trust their work another time around if it isn't quality.

They're are poor counties with democrat representation. The issue is, people keep sending the same people or party to represent them over and over even when those people don't do anything to help them out.

I voted against every incumbent in my district. A few of them I voted for in the past but I don't think they've done their job. When they don't do their job run them off. Eventually someone you send to do it will get the picture and do what they are supposed to.

It's like this, we favor party like we do family/friends. If you have a family member that is a contractor, that comes over to your house to hang a door, are you going to let them fix the busted pipe under your house or repair the roof if the door falls off the hinges 1 year after they put it up? I know it may be difficult to do because they're family, but you're probably not going to trust their work another time around if it isn't quality.
The Democrats have lost what America is all about in the Constitution and want to run America like China, Cuba, or Russia and I don't even recognize the party as the party of Kennedy or other real Democrats. They need to divide and become 2 parties, The Communist party (the far left) and the Democrat party (middle of the road).

Reactions: Mhsneer
Ok then grow up, accept that this isn't the flu, and wear a mask.
I already do, I do it for those misguided soles you have scared to death and look at me like I am going to kill them. Have you seen the amount of vulnerable people out their running around in hand made mask that will do nothing to protect them? It is people like you Thunder that is not allowing our children to live a normal life and still giving the high risk some since of false safety. How long does the average flu affect a human? It seemed like you recovered rather quickly from your Covid 19 battle. You should watch the before mentioned movie, you might be Terry Crews!!!

Reactions: UNC91
The Democrats have lost what America is all about in the Constitution and want to run America like China, Cuba, or Russia and I don't even recognize the party as the party of Kennedy or other real Democrats. They need to divide and become 2 parties, The Communist party (the far left) and the Democrat party (middle of the road).
Many Republicans will tell you the same thing about their party. That the party of Reagan can’t be recognized today.

Many Republicans will tell you the same thing about their party. That the party of Reagan can’t be recognized today.
Do those same people support burning down buildings and killing innocent people over something the people have no control over? This Party is willing to act like children to get what they want. You had office for 8 years and did nothing to help these people!!! NOW YOU WANT TO PUT THEM THROUGH A YEAR OF HELL (2020) TO HELP THEM??? You as a person may mean well but I assure you the party you represent will drop your concerns like a bad habit just like they they did in 2008 after they got what they wanted. I have my problems with both OC but the American public should never suffer in this manner so one party can gain power. What other radical political parties in history were willing to use hate and death to gain power? You might not like what you find if you dig in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT