ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Season Cancelled

Sportsnut17

Oct 7, 2005
Here is the message from NC State Baseball Commissioner Mark Cauble!

Gentlemen
This morning the DEC met and voted in the spring and summer youth programs for the NC American Legion. As of today all youth programs for the 2020 spring and summer has been canceled. The DEC voted unanimously to cancel. Our recommendation was denied. I am fully aware of what is about to happen when you inform the teams and I am truly at a loss for words. I am disheartened with this decision as everyone else is. I believe the intent is to protect our youth and I would be in support of that. I do believe they may have made a decision a little in haste. Be safe and let me know if I can assist you with anything the remainder of the year.

What's the point in making this call now? Other states I heard may not start until July 1st! Trump is supposed to make an announcement on the 15th about opening up the country again. State's across the country may look really bad if they could of played. What really will be bad is if collegiate wood bat leagues and travel ball play this summer and legion doesn't in states. This could of really helped the Legion program (which it still may in some states) but if travel ball/collegiate wood bat leagues play....this will will hurt the program starting next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT