ADVERTISEMENT

Seaforth

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
I just noticed this name while looking through the new conference lists. New school by Lake Jordan in Chatham County. Anyone familiar with this area? The conference they were put in doesn't appear to be all that strong. Could they be an immediate player in their conference?

Also, are they taking the majority of their students from Northwood? I noticed Northwood is still 3A so I'm assuming that area's still growing at a decent clip.

Good Stuff! Hero.
I didn’t have a clue...so I googled it. It appears that Seaforth will take all their students from Northwood due to overcrowding. Seaforth will start this year with Freshman and Sophomore students only. Seaforth is projected to hold 1200 students and Northwood will reduce to 800. Seaforth’s new principal is from Jordan Matthews...Tripp Clayton.
Hoping someone responds concerning their potential for athletics.... I’d say the future looks pretty good for their football team....from waaay over here in little ol’ Maiden.

I'm a fan of starting a new school that starts with 9th and 10th a JV only program. Yes, it puts a few stresses on the other teams in the conference, having to find an extra game for their varsity...

But I've seen it. You're going to take some licks in the first year or two. In the end, it can pay off.

I'm a fan of starting a new school that starts with 9th and 10th a JV only program. Yes, it puts a few stresses on the other teams in the conference, having to find an extra game for their varsity...

But I've seen it. You're going to take some licks in the first year or two. In the end, it can pay off.
Worked out pretty well for Oak Grove. Of course, attracting some top notch coaches to that shiny new facility didn’t hurt any.

Worked out pretty well for Oak Grove. Of course, attracting some top notch coaches to that shiny new facility didn’t hurt any.
Definitely. That helps a bunch.

It may be that getting absolutely thumped by most of the county teams for the first two years provides a nice motivation.
I was at Oak Grove on Friday to watch baseball. Ledford imploded and got destroyed. I can't help but think back to 2017 when the reverse was the case.

Ouch. Oak Grove did that, minus football. The first two years were quite painful.
I would suggest special permission for the first year in football. Schedule quality programs jv teams for non conference. Then move to fridays for conference play with varsity teams.

I would suggest special permission for the first year in football. Schedule quality programs jv teams for non conference. Then move to fridays for conference play with varsity teams.
I agree. Oak Grove did that. Apex Friendship did it too if I’m not mistaken. It’s one thing to get destroyed in basketball or baseball. It’s another thing to put a bunch of all 14 and 15 year olds out on a varsity field versus a quality opponent filled with 18 year old kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT