ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball SE Regional News

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
**News** was told back in mid June but finally confirmed this weekend. Due to Georgia dropping ALB, the SC runner up, along with state champ, will qualify for the Southeast Regionals.

Georgia has dropped American Legion Baseball altogether? Wow. What do most of their older players take part in during the summer?

Explanation for SC runner up from what I was told. National was not going to grant NC a 3rd team into regionals since Randolph is hosting. SC has the most Sr legion teams from the remaining Southeast states.
My guess is this is a one team deal. And realignment will allow for those midwestern or northeast states with more teams then all of us, to put their runner up in One time.

Explanation for SC runner up from what I was told. National was not going to grant NC a 3rd team into regionals since Randolph is hosting. SC has the most Sr legion teams from the remaining Southeast states.
My guess is this is a one team deal. And realignment will allow for those midwestern or northeast states with more teams then all of us, to put their runner up in One time.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Next year's southeast is supposed to be: SC, FL, AL, MS, TN, LA and GA if they come back. Mid Atlantic is supposed to be NC, VA, WV, MD, DE, PA and NJ. Northeast is ME, MA, VT, NH, NY, RI and CT
KY shipped back to Great Lakes

Next year's southeast is supposed to be: SC, FL, AL, MS, TN, LA and GA if they come back. Mid Atlantic is supposed to be NC, VA, WV, MD, DE, PA and NJ. Northeast is ME, MA, VT, NH, NY, RI and CT
KY shipped back to Great Lakes
are they realigning the regions to get the best 8 teams in the world series?

best 8 teams in NC dont play in the state tournament , either. area 4 has more good teams than area 1, the area round Raleigh dont win at tournament level very much. therefore it is impossible to get the best 8 teams in tournament , at state. regional or national level

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT