ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Scrimmages are starting up this week. Is your school hosting a scrimmage?

I know scrimmages are bit limited then years past.

We’re having one scrimmage no parents allowed and 12 games. Parents can’t go to away games. I really don’t understand this. You can’t socially distance 30 parents on each side of the gym?

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
We’re having one scrimmage no parents allowed and 12 games. Parents can’t go to away games. I really don’t understand this. You can’t socially distance 30 parents on each side of the gym?
Yeah It does suck....... As a JV Referee this season, its going be tough with all the new protocols and rules we have in place and its not going be normal season. I am just glad to be on the court n see this KIDS play because thats what its all about, the Kids able to PLAY!

Reactions: Mhsneer
At least they are playing so for now I think we may just accept the rules.
I saw Lincoln Charter boys at the Phenom event and they looked really strong again. I saw them beat 4A Vance (who beat 4A North Meck) and destroy 4A Hickory Ridge and 3A AL Brown. They aren't as big as they usually are but they all can shoot again and athletic, I also saw Pine Lake vs Lake Norman Charter. Pine Lake will be really good but they aren't very big but they can shoot it. I also saw Cox Mill play and they are loaded at all positions again. Very quick and extremely athletic. Should be a fun, exciting basketball season.

At least they are playing so for now I think we may just accept the rules.
I saw Lincoln Charter boys at the Phenom event and they looked really strong again. I saw them beat 4A Vance (who beat 4A North Meck) and destroy 4A Hickory Ridge and 3A AL Brown. They aren't as big as they usually are but they all can shoot again and athletic, I also saw Pine Lake vs Lake Norman Charter. Pine Lake will be really good but they aren't very big but they can shoot it. I also saw Cox Mill play and they are loaded at all positions again. Very quick and extremely athletic. Should be a fun, exciting basketball season.
Lincoln charter should be a good program they have some good players there and I’m not surprised they play well with some of the best but can they do it when it matters tho bc scrimmages are just scrimmages

I also saw Pine Lake vs Lake Norman Charter. Pine Lake will be really good but they aren't very big but they can shoot it. Very quick and extremely athletic. Should be a fun, exciting basketball season.

When Pine Lake came to Hayesville in the 2d round last year they had two underclass men who looked 6-5 or so...did they transfer out? PLP was young but solid in that game last year, just couldn’t do anything with Hayesville’s 6-7 center (who has now transferred into Georgia).

When Pine Lake came to Hayesville in the 2d round last year they had two underclass men who looked 6-5 or so...did they transfer out? PLP was young but solid in that game last year, just couldn’t do anything with Hayesville’s 6-7 center (who has now transferred into Georgia).

One of their kids did transfer to Moravian Prep (the better of the bigs). But they still have some kids that can stroke it from everywhere.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I figured that might be the case when you said they didn’t have much size. I liked a few of their guards last year, though.

Mountain teams got hit hard with kids transferring across the state line. Andrews and Hayesville were set to have their best teams in years but each had two returning starters leave (including a former conference player of the year from each school). Hayesville still has some really good guards, but will be much smaller. Cupboard not totally bare at Andrews either, but they will be much younger now. Cherokee should be solid. On the girls side Murphy lost a starting point guard to Georgia but should still be a threat to defend title.

Last edited:
Observe, How many total athletes in all sports do think transferred out of state from your area? Girls and boys.

Observe, How many total athletes in all sports do think transferred out of state from your area? Girls and boys.

I don’t think the total is huge, bigger impact is that a lot of the ones that did leave were star players. For example, Hayesville probably got hit hardest because of kids’ proximity to and familiarity with Towns Co (Ga) on the other side of the lake, but I think you could still count the number of football players that left on one hand. That’s going to be tough to replace for a 1A team, but just how tough depends on which handful of players it was. Unfortunately, that handful in this case includes a 6-7 tight end with D1 offers and two other kids who were all league players for Towns this fall. And two of those guys had also been basketball starters ever since their freshman years at Hayesville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT