ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTLAND'S SCHEDULE..

ScotlandAlumni99

Jul 31, 2018
Greensboro, NC
https://www.maxpreps.com/nc/laurinburg/scotland-fighting-scots/football/schedule/

I know for coaches and administration... schedules are a challenge to put together. But we're not doing ourselves any favors buy putting Pinecrest, Lee, and Richmond, back to back to back at the end of the year. Those are literally the 3 toughest conference games we will have. Oh well... lace up your cleats Scots... there's a mountain to be climbed.

Reactions: UNC91
I would say most head football coaches in the state control their own non-conference schedule. Of course there are district expectations sometimes such as playing in county teams not in the same conference or rivalry expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
I would say most head football coaches in the state control their own schedule. Of course there are oftentimes district expectations such as playing in county teams not in the same conference or rivalry expectations.
And with Scotland playing Jack Britt evvvverrrrrry year I'm sure Bailey has a say in the Non Conf. schedule.... Still trying to figure why North Durham back on the schedule?

Looking forward to seeing the Scots at Braswell Stadium. SC struggled against a very good front 7 last year and will see more of the same this year, probably even better. If SC can’t throw it they will struggle.

Reactions: UNC91
A DISCIPLINED Scotland team will be hard to beat... last couple years have been lacking discipline... if we can get that going again then yes...I would agree it will be a great year.
I wish the Scotland program nothing but success

https://www.maxpreps.com/nc/laurinburg/scotland-fighting-scots/football/schedule/

I know for coaches and administration... schedules are a challenge to put together. But we're not doing ourselves any favors buy putting Pinecrest, Lee, and Richmond, back to back to back at the end of the year. Those are literally the 3 toughest conference games we will have. Oh well... lace up your cleats Scots... there's a mountain to be climbed.
Braswell Stadium will be interesting

Braswell Stadium will be interesting
Last year the Scots rushed 34 times for 116 yards against the Vikes. Hoggard returns all 3 LBs and 3 of the 4 starting D line. The one newcomer was called up during the playoffs and played very well. The ceiling is high for him. Scotland loves to pound the rock and the Vikings should be strong up front so I am looking forward to the match up.

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Last year the Scots rushed 34 times for 116 yards against the Vikes. Hoggard returns all 3 LBs and 3 of the 4 starting D line. The one newcomer was called up during the playoffs and played very well. The ceiling is high for him. Scotland loves to pound the rock and the Vikings should be strong up front so I am looking forward to the match up.
How does the QB look?

How does the QB look?
Our Jr. QB looks great! We are not as good at WR as last year but we have good talent. Hoggard is excited about their O line. I think they are a year out from being really good upfront but I hope im wrong. If Hoggard can run it, then the QB will have a big year.

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
Our Jr. QB looks great! We are not as good at WR as last year but we have good talent. Hoggard is excited about their O line. I think they are a year out from being really good upfront but I hope im wrong. If Hoggard can run it, then the QB will have a big year.
Great season ahead

Its about right for a week 1 game for Scotland. Things will get real in week 2 as Scot seeks redemption for a miserable showing verse Hoggard last yr .Smelling an L for the home team Port.

Its about right for a week 1 game for Scotland. Things will get real in week 2 as Scot seeks redemption for a miserable showing verse Hoggard last yr .Smelling an L for the home team Port.
I feel good about this Hoggard team. If we can slow down the run and force SC to pass you will see a lot of pressure on the QB. You will have to help the tackles against 19. He cant be blocked 1 on 1. Very similar to how we looked in 2019. We struggle running and the QB ran for his life most of the night. Two forced fumbles for 2 TDS. Hoggard with stands the Scots 1st qrt pressure and impose their will the rest of the way. Vikes head to WF 2-0.

Win... I hope you see something I don't see....lol. I live in Greensboro and try to follow the Scots to the best of my ability, but will admit I don't know it all when it comes to what's actually going on down home... not seeing who will be our "pounding" rusher this year...still waiting on the QB to show us who he really is ( but I think he has already). I hear our JV was Okay last year...This game against Hoggard will tell us what we need to know... yes we will get better towards the playoffs...but the question becomes where are we starting from... hope to have good solid year.

Conference leaders set the conference schedule. Surely no one thinks Bailey chose to have it that way.

10-0
If the scots can beat Hoggard week 2 then theres a pretty good chance to be 7-0 til that final 3 games at PC, Lee, at Richmond …

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT