ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs Southview

I don't see anything that would suggest SV is close to being back to the powerhouse program they once were. SC should have this one in the bag by halftime.

Reactions: swett2victory
I thought last year's game would be over by the end of the 1st quarter...but it ended up being the first big red flag that Scotland wasn't going to be as good as many of us (myself included) thought that they would be.

Scotland needs to leave no doubt this year and hammer these guys and get back to doing what they do.

I thought last year's game would be over by the end of the 1st quarter...but it ended up being the first big red flag that Scotland wasn't going to be as good as many of us (myself included) thought that they would be.

Scotland needs to leave no doubt this year and hammer these guys and get back to doing what they do.
Youre correct about that Hokie. I remember that now that it has been mentioned

How many starters didn't play in last year's Scotland/South View game? The starting qb for Scotland in that game had played in how many varsity games? The expected starting qb got hurt when?

Having QB issues doesn't explain that outcome against a 2-9 team that couldn't fall out of its own way all year. The 25 points South View scored on Scotland was the 2nd-most points South View scored all year on anyone...and they only broke into the 20s on two different occasions.

How many starters didn't play in last year's Scotland/South View game? The starting qb for Scotland in that game had played in how many varsity games? The expected starting qb got hurt when?
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_nukstn49Pz1ug3u56o1_500.gif

I think the thing about the scots last year was lack of motivation and consistency. when they played teams like jack britt and richmond the defense looked pretty good but when they played a south view or davie (no disrespect) they felt like they could just roll the helmets out there and get the win because they were SCOTLAND

SC's problem is the back half of the defense and the inability to get off the field on 3rd and 4th downs. If they can correct this they could find themselves going a long way. Also stretching the field and improved special teams will create additional scoring opportunities. SV has a very good young qb He will test them down the field.

This game will set the tone for the rest of the season. Rock these guys like Scotland almost always rocks bad teams and set things back on the right track. Put last season in the rearview mirror and then full speed ahead towards loftier goals.

I think this will be a big Scotland win. Coach Bailey probably has last year's outcome posted on the locker room wall as a teaching tool, and it wouldn't surprise me if the kids have been getting an ear full all summer about preparation and effort...no matter how bad the opponent is.

Hokie after rethinking last year's game you are correct. After Scotland gave up a touchdown on the opening kick off of the season and South View scored touchdowns on 2nd and 3rd string db's, it should have been obvious to everyone that Scotland wasn't very good.

Hokie after rethinking last year's game you are correct. After Scotland gave up a touchdown on the opening kick off of the season and South View scored touchdowns on 2nd and 3rd string db's, it should have been obvious to everyone that Scotland wasn't very good.
No one said Scotland wasn't very good, but you guys went into that game ranked in the top 5 in the state. It was pretty obvious after that night that you were not a top 5 team, and the rest of the season concretely validated that assumption.

Fast forward to now, and I think Scotland has potential to be a top 5 team again. Kill these guys and show it. But either way, enough with the excuses already. South View went 2-9 last year and was one of the worst 4A teams in the state, and there's no excuse for any unit on the field for Scotland that had issues with them, period.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I hope there is a sense of urgency this year. The talent is there but if they don't unleash the beast it could be another early flame out.

5 in the state. It was pretty obvious after that night that you were not a top 5 team, and
hokie the scots had no film on SV except for scrimmage games and how much stock can you put into those? new head coach, freshman qb, brand new system...

2015 Scotland 14, Jack Britt 6
2015 Scotland 47, South View 25
2014 Scotland 20, Jack Britt 14
2014 Scotland 52, South View 0
2013 Scotland 52, Jack Britt 21
2013 Scotland 41, South View 9
2012 Scotland 35, EE Smith 28
2012 Scotland 32, Jack Britt 6
2012 Scotland 34, Seventy-First 6
2011 Scotland 27, Jack Britt 15
2011 Scotland 25, Seventy-First 8

2015 Scotland 14, Jack Britt 6
2015 Scotland 47, South View 25
2014 Scotland 20, Jack Britt 14
2014 Scotland 52, South View 0
2013 Scotland 52, Jack Britt 21
2013 Scotland 41, South View 9
2012 Scotland 35, EE Smith 28
2012 Scotland 32, Jack Britt 6
2012 Scotland 34, Seventy-First 6
2011 Scotland 27, Jack Britt 15
2011 Scotland 25, Seventy-First 8
I DO AGREE

They need to pass more to take some stress off off Zamir plus play action is a no brainer when you have the top running back in the nation.

SC passing stats.
2015- 8/12 for 131 yards per game.
2014- 4/9 for 86 yards per game.
2013- 7/13 for 132 per game.
Their rushing number are:
2015- 41 carries for 274 yards per game.
2014- 40 carries for 268 per game.
2013- 37 carries for 275 per game.

White is now a 5 star rated RB. They are going to run the ball!

Will the. Big show be a no show .again. Even they say bettle bailey can. Not win the big one.they ain,t lied yet. Ole go scots ' and the gang say the same thing. .bet you history repeats itself.

Can not run all the time. PC guess what we gonna be in the hunt.I miss when we use to roll your behinds.seeing Laney hoggord nh Ashley lay at our feet .we used the will 4 as floor mats.I enjoyed stomping u more than anyone and. I mean anyone..

Last edited:
Can not run all the time. PC guess what we gonna be in the hunt.I miss when we use to roll your behinds.seeing Laney hoggord nh Ashley lay at our feet .we used the will 4 as floor mats.I enjoyed stomping u more than anyone and. I mean anyone..
NB had an incredible run. I was hoping to get the Bears in the playoffs last year but we got EE Smith. I have heard NB will still be down based on their own standard. Rose and DHC looking strong.

Time will tell been hot as hell here 90 the last couple of days.yes we have high standards and we gonna live up to them. Last year was bad . u know what hurt us the most losing ltb son. He was the hearth and soul .of our team.hope things are fine your way.see you. Hopefully in the po. We are plottin and planning ad usual.making room in our trophy case for another conf. Championship.it ain.t brsggin if it I'd a fact. Let us bet let say a post on ncp an apology

special teams were a horror last year also, at times id take us just
kicking it out of bounds and not having to make a play on kickoffs,
that is if receiving team didn't want us to kick it again.routinely
drives starting at the 40 or worse. Last thing I want to see is a long return on our opening kickoff this year. Scots mostly get the ball first anyway and we take the ball and most teams defer..

Not trying to be a smart butt. But I was at the South View game last year as well and I'm not sure what game you guys were watching? Scotland had over 500 yards of offense and scored 47 points and took their starters out midway through the third quarter. At that time it was 47-12? And that was with Scotland starting a backup QB who had exactly 4 practices to get ready and 6 of the 12 points came on a kickoff return (one score was on the starting Defense)? All the other points were scored on backups. And I also want to point out that since South View had a new coach I'm not sure how much film Coach Bailey and his staff had to get ready with on defense. If I remember right they called a timeout on defense early because it looked like they had not seen some of the stuff South View as doing? Not saying they were perfect but for a first game I'm not sure how much more dominant you want them to be? And coach Bailey isn't gonna keep his starters in and run the score up on anyone. Just not his style.

Not trying to be a smart butt. But I was at the South View game last year as well and I'm not sure what game you guys were watching? Scotland had over 500 yards of offense and scored 47 points and took their starters out midway through the third quarter. At that time it was 47-12? And that was with Scotland starting a backup QB who had exactly 4 practices to get ready and 6 of the 12 points came on a kickoff return (one score was on the starting Defense)? All the other points were scored on backups. And I also want to point out that since South View had a new coach I'm not sure how much film Coach Bailey and his staff had to get ready with on defense. If I remember right they called a timeout on defense early because it looked like they had not seen some of the stuff South View as doing? Not saying they were perfect but for a first game I'm not sure how much more dominant you want them to be? And coach Bailey isn't gonna keep his starters in and run the score up on anyone. Just not his style.
You are correct
(The Librarian proofread this before I sent it)

Ct147...........this is the first post you've ever done where everything in the post is spelled correctly. Anyway, I see two posts on this thread where you dropped the CAPS LOCK. Please go back to the CAPS LOCK, not only is it your trademark BUT it's easier for an old man like me to read.

Sincerely your friend,

Daddy Primetime (aka: P Diddy, Diddydontplay)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT