ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland vs Hoggard

Congrats to SC. Your O line was just tremendous. MCQeen is a special player and Bell was incredable tonight. He is now the heart and soul of this team. SC offense was just better than the Hoggard defense. With that being said, Hoggard defense played about as well as they could making the Scots drive the field and really limiting their big plays. At 32-7 with 10 mins left things looked pretty much over but Hoggard kept fighting and got back into the game. Those kids did not give up and much credit should go to them for their effort. I was not surprised that SC had scored 32 points at that point but I was disappointed that Hoggard wasn't throwing down the field more expectally to 15 who had single coverage. Personally I would have gone for 2 at 39-38 and I defiantly would have gone for 2 in OT. There was no way Hoggard was going to stop them at that point and there was no way the Scots weren't going to go for 2. Anyway, that's the coaches decision and that's the way it is. Great season for Hoggard. Those young men had a special season and were 1 play away from playing for a state championship. Good luck to the Scots, the Vikings will be pulling for you Saturday. You guys have lost your leader and stepped up and are now playing for a ring.

Congrats to SC. Your O line was just tremendous. MCQeen is a special player and Bell was incredable tonight. He is now the heart and soul of this team. SC offense was just better than the Hoggard defense. With that being said, Hoggard defense played about as well as they could making the Scots drive the field and really limiting their big plays. At 32-7 with 10 mins left things looked pretty much over but Hoggard kept fighting and got back into the game. Those kids did not give up and much credit should go to them for their effort. I was not surprised that SC had scored 32 points at that point but I was disappointed that Hoggard wasn't throwing down the field more expectally to 15 who had single coverage. Personally I would have gone for 2 at 39-38 and I defiantly would have gone for 2 in OT. There was no way Hoggard was going to stop them at that point and there was no way the Scots weren't going to go for 2. Anyway, that's the coaches decision and that's the way it is. Great season for Hoggard. Those young men had a special season and were 1 play away from playing for a state championship. Good luck to the Scots, the Vikings will be pulling for you Saturday. You guys have lost your leader and stepped up and are now playing for a ring.
Nothing to really add other than can we borrow your kicker.

Reactions: LordViking
Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT1 Final
Scotland
7 13 6 13 8 47
Hoggard 0 7 0 32 7 46
It’s too bad Hoggard waited until the 4th quarter to play Football. From this chart it’s clear that Hoggard would have won the game in regulation.....121 to 39......better luck next year Hoggard and quit waiting until the 4th quarter to put your starters in!!!

Na fight won that game and great onside kicks. 2 tds called back. And over confident Scots. Props to Hoggard for not giving up. Oh yea and a bad kicking game.

How many live ball penalties did Hoggard have last night....Zero that I can recall. Not sure I have ever seen that. Also, Hoggard had a man nearly 2 yards offside on the first onside kick recovery. The pass interference call might have been the worse. The back judge 20 yards away throws it when he has 2 colleagues that don't 5 yards away from the play.

Quick question, can u not spike the ball in high school? Didn't understand the intentional grounding call.

Thanks. Also would like to know hiw many flags were thrown against each team. Another one was the first play I saw the flag at midfield on the kickoff return. Was there a flag back at the 20 or something? Was wondering y they moved it back to the 15 after that flag if anyone knows.

The play of the game IMO opinion was when Bailey went for it on 4th and 4 and we ran the option to Smiley. This was the last drive in regulation. While we didn't score if we would have punted or turned it over on downs we would be home this week. That play was huge. Hoggard had all the the momentum.

Reactions: Scottish Imp
The play of the game IMO opinion was when Bailey went for it on 4th and 4 and we ran the option to Smiley. This was the last drive in regulation. While we didn't score if we would have punted or turned it over on downs we would be home this week. That play was huge. Hoggard had all the the momentum.
I agree.

No one will give Bailey credit for that play if they were not there or don't understand the way momentum shifts work in sports. For 38 minutes this game was never in doubt then all hell broke loose. Keeping the ball on the last drive allowed Sc to get it to overtime!

It was a gutsy call for sure but I think if they punt there Hoggard wins. Hoggard was rolling and had momentum. Bell and McQeen had been breaking tackles and making plays all night and there were only a handful of plays where Hoggard held them to less than 3 yards. I would have done the say thing. Hollar had his hands on McQeen in the backfield but couldn't bring him down. Give McQueen credit, he made a play.

Was following the game on twitter. Seemed like Hoggard was driving when at least 2 if their 3 turnovers occurred. Not sure there was much of a difference in the two teams.

Hopefully Harding can”t throw the ball.

I will be pulling for the Scots next week. Good luck.

Was following the game on twitter. Seemed like Hoggard was driving when at least 2 if their 3 turnovers occurred. Not sure there was much of a difference in the two teams.

on both of the fumbles sc defenders rocked the hoggard players. I don't think 4 returned to the game as a running back I might be wrong. The interception was just a bad through under big time pressure. There was a lot of difference the line play was noticeably stronger by sc on both sides and running game but special teams, big time qb and receivers were the difference for Hoggard. If we cover those kicks now that is a big if lol this game would not have gone to ot IMO. I think sc would have won by 12. But most entertaining 10 minutes of football i have ever seen.

Good Luck to the Wildcats and I will pulling for you guys also!!!

on both of the fumbles sc defenders rocked the hoggard players. I don't think 4 returned to the game as a running back I might be wrong. The interception was just a bad through under big time pressure. There was a lot of difference the line play was noticeably stronger by sc on both sides and running game but special teams, big time qb and receivers were the difference for Hoggard. If we cover those kicks now that is a big if lol this game would not have gone to ot IMO. I think sc would have won by 12. But most entertaining 10 minutes of football i have ever seen.
"IF" goes both ways. Hoggard executed those kicks just like SC executed defensively with hard hits causing fumbles and pressure causing a bad throw. If Hoggard doesn't get those kicks it would have been worse, if Hoggard doesn't turn it over it would have been worse for SC. Can't have it both ways.

"IF" goes both ways. Hoggard executed those kicks just like SC executed defensively with hard hits causing fumbles and pressure causing a bad throw. If Hoggard doesn't get those kicks it would have been worse, if Hoggard doesn't turn it over it would have been worse for SC. Can't have it both ways.
Port honest opinion was Hoggard off side on the first on side kick.

Port honest opinion was Hoggard off side on the first on side kick.
Yes. Also close on the second one. Both teams got away with some things and got called on some things. Go back and look at the film. QB and RB were moving forward before the snap all night. Did that half a second help, probably not. SC won. They were better and they deserve to be playing Saturday. I think some SC fans are upset that the score was so close. I am not saying it's you but some for sure. If those guys want respect they need to give it. SC kicked Hoggards butt for three qrt and Hoggard returned the favor in the 4th and it was enough to take the game into OT. Hoggard executed those onside kicks just like sc players executed to force turnovers.

Yes. Also close on the second one. Both teams got away with some things and got called on some things. Go back and look at the film. QB and RB were moving forward before the snap all night. Did that half a second help, probably not. SC won. They were better and they deserve to be playing Saturday. I think some SC fans are upset that the score was so close. I am not saying it's you but some for sure. If those guys want respect they need to give it. SC kicked Hoggards butt for three qrt and Hoggard returned the favor in the 4th and it was enough to take the game into OT. Hoggard executed those onside kicks just like sc players executed to force turnovers.
Agreed, and i come from the Al DAVIS school just win baby, with being said i'll agree ya'll kick our butt the 4 th qt.

Reactions: portcity FB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT