ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland @ Richmond & SAC predictions week 12

2001 3 way tie correct
the year we both lost to Laney in playoffs
I think Byrd was the 3rd team in tie...
Ofcourse Scotland drew 3 out of the hat.
Scots were I believe a top 10 state team
but a playoff east 15 seed at undefeated Laney round 1. We both lost at that cow pasture.

Richmond was in old Southeastern Conference for years we can go back to the 80’s; Purnell Sweat won the title in 1990; either Scotland or Anson won the conference in 1993-1994 I am 100% sure it was Scotland; a lot of folks don’t realize Scotland probably was the 2nd best team in the state 2 years in a row 1997 & 1998 but that an entire different subject; Richmond won or claimed share of the conference title until 2011 and from then Scotland has had a monkey wrench around everyone’s neck. I am not sure who won the conference title in 2008 because Richmond loss a lot of games and 4 of the teams in that conference actually played for the 4A/4AA title.
71st won state championship in 2008

2001 3 way tie correct
the year we both lost to Laney in playoffs
I think Byrd was the 3rd team in tie...
Ofcourse Scotland drew 3 out of the hat.
Scots were I believe a top 10 state team
but a playoff east 15 seed at undefeated Laney round 1. We both lost at that cow pasture.
Should’ve been illegal to play on that cluster #%^* of a field.

2001 was my sophomore year and I had been moved up to run scout team for varsity during the playoffs. I was also the backup long snapper and remember JD Osborne getting injured in the Laney game. Was more than a little nervous that I may be asked to come in and snap but Pat Hope (current JV coach) was picked if I remember correctly.

Quick question. Is there anyway this game is worth traveling 2 hours to see?? Any chance Scotland can make it competitive?

Quick question. Is there anyway this game is worth traveling 2 hours to see?? Any chance Scotland can make it competitive?
That’s not a nice question to ax. Knowing the knowledge you know about high school football it wasn’t cool to ask such a stupid question just to put Scotland on Blast

Last edited:
BG there’s a lot of good football on the tube
Saturday to invest 6-7 hrs coming to Rockingham.
Hoping for competitive but chances aren’t the greatest. First half ??

BG there’s a lot of good football on the tube
Saturday to invest 6-7 hrs coming to Rockingham.
Hoping for competitive but chances aren’t the greatest. First half ??

Yup...if it was a marginal college football slate I would jump in the car in a second but its hard to walk away from Bama- LSU. Im about 70-30 stay at home. Never seen a Rich- Scott game though and its a rare opportunity because of it being on a Sat.

Yup...if it was a marginal college football slate I would jump in the car in a second but its hard to walk away from Bama- LSU. Im about 70-30 stay at home. Never seen a Rich- Scott game though and its a rare opportunity because of it being on a Sat.

Hard call for a College game day with a 4 hour drive back and forth. Barring the Saturday frame, I still think you would get a feel for just how exciting this game can be. I have been to some all over and this one is unlike any others I go to. If one team starts to run the score up, that will die out quick though. This game just seems to end up tight in a lot of years it wouldn't appear so on paper. One thought is next year it will be another 20-30 minutes for you at Scotland. You can catch it online as another option.

Slightly off-topic, but still relevant to this game. I would like to give a shout out to G104FM for airing the games for those of us who travel or may be out of town. I'm sure there is a lot of work behind the scenes, but Thanks for the play by play. Great back-up plan to catch these games when you can't attend. I am in no way affiliated, but it's great to have a station that covers as well as you do.

The atmosphere and crowd and feel for a high school football game is one real spectacle...will always be worth attending and is always some special athletes and talent on both sides...both teams leave it all out there... the kind of game and atmosphere like you might see in a football movie made in Hollywood except it is real... yes sir... the real deal...worth attending. .I feel like both teams will put on a show... if they don't, it will be the first time. Better come early though...GO RAIDERS. .

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Driving from Dallas, NC for this one. Right after my wife and I have our child birth class. First kid. She will not graduate form Richmond, but she’ll know the Raider Way.

The atmosphere and crowd and feel for a high school football game is one real spectacle...will always be worth attending and is always some special athletes and talent on both sides...both teams leave it all out there... the kind of game and atmosphere like you might see in a football movie made in Hollywood except it is real... yes sir... the real deal...worth attending. .I feel like both teams will put on a show... if they don't, it will be the first time. Better come early though...GO RAIDERS. .
Got some scheduling things that can cause me to not get to Raider stadium til like 5pm.
I cant remember ever getting to a Rich/Scot
game so late, and kickoff is 7pm. GEEZ

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Apparently Simmons has never been to a Richmond/Scotland game before!
Yes he has.....
I betcha he can show you proof in black and white. He has it all historically recorded on his note pad. If you prefer digital copy. That too is available as well

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Folks we must at least reach 5,000 views prior to the game tomorrow. Lets give this website a huge boost

GO

All of the Scotts offense came from #5. I think this team can ride him to a championship game or at least the east final.

It was a rivalry game. Scotland played as well as they could. The Scots had a good game plan to slow Richmond down. And it worked for about a half of football. Bailey is a good coach and I thought the game would play out similar to what it did. As far as Richmond goes it’s a W move on to Purnell then concentrate on playoffs..

4AA West

1) Richmond County (bye)

(9) Reagan at (8) Hough

(4) Vance (bye)

(12) Northwest Guilford at (5) Myers Park

(3) Butler (bye)

(11) Providence at (6) West Forsyth

(2) Mallard Creek (bye)

(10) North Mecklenburg at (7) Ardrey Kell

I believe MC & Richmond could flip if they do a new MaxPreps adjusted rankings before the seeding on Saturday. "MC last 2 games were tougher than Richmonds" I would prefer to be a 2 seed. 1 seed will most likely have to beat Hough & Vance, back to back. That's brutal!

Both Vance & Hough played in regional championship games last year. One in 4A the other in 4AA

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
4AA West

I believe MC & Richmond could flip if they do a new MaxPreps adjusted rankings before the seeding on Saturday. "MC last 2 games were tougher than Richmonds" I would prefer to be a 2 seed. 1 seed will most likely have to beat Hough & Vance, back to back. That's brutal!

I'd rather be top seed and host.

4AA West

1) Richmond County (bye)

(9) Reagan at (8) Hough

(4) Vance (bye)

(12) Northwest Guilford at (5) Myers Park

(3) Butler (bye)

(11) Providence at (6) West Forsyth

(2) Mallard Creek (bye)

(10) North Mecklenburg at (7) Ardrey Kell

Both Vance & Hough played in regional championship games last year. One in 4A the other in 4AA
A lot of really good teams here. If the RAIDERS have an off night and play liked they did Saturday we will get beat down the first game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT