ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland @ Richmond & SAC predictions week 12

Do you guys see Richmond improving upon this year and getting back to being a legit title contender? I think we have the coach. Your thoughts?

Just the fact that some people on here do not believe in Richmond and sound as if thur lost is both hilarious and Cray Cray

I hope someone understood what just came out of my mouth cause I tried to put as much inglesh into it as I put on the 8-Ball

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
Do you guys see Richmond improving upon this year and getting back to being a legit title contender? I think we have the coach. Your thoughts?

They're a contender now. I believe Eric Morman of North Meeck who's a Richmond alumnus out coached Til last year.

They're a contender now. I believe Eric Morman of North Meeck who's a Richmond alumnus out coached Til last year.
How was he out coached? It was a close game N mech ran the ball all over us with a college caliper Rb. Our qb played his worst game of the season by a mile. If he plays his average game we win.

How was he out coached? It was a close game N mech ran the ball all over us with a college caliper Rb. Our qb played his worst game of the season by a mile. If he plays his average game we win.
Don’t fall for it

Tickets in hand and ready to go, People in
droves at the ticket outlets here in Scotland County. 3 days
Checked out the future Scots tonight as Carver
topped Spring Hill 22-14. Talent on the way to Scotland.

Usually when players play a bad game, the team they're playing had something to do with it. I was at the game. I believe Morman blitzing from everywhere confused the QB Richmond was crashing off the edge the entire night, I never understood why the DE's never set the edge and turned the runs back in. So NM kept killing you guys on the outside. Their QB who's a Marshall commit and returned this year is very fast. Last year he was a better runner than a passer. He's a guy you want to contain and let him beat you with his arm. Richmond took shot's at him and missed. He was able to extend plays for 1st downs. I was watching with a group of coaches and we all agreed, it was going to come down to who had the ball last on offense. I believe outside of the QB and RB and their stud wr.. Richmond had more talent.

Richmond started a 9th grader at QB last year, no size hardly on the lines, and talent wasn’t up-to-par, and the game was still close. It wasn’t a coaching thing, it was a talent thing. The JV for Richmond last year probably got the best of the varsity squad a lot in practice last year. NM wouldn’t be within 2 scores of Richmond this season.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and S2V2
Richmond started a 9th grader at QB last year, no size hardly on the lines, and talent wasn’t up-to-par, and the game was still close. It wasn’t a coaching thing, it was a talent thing. The JV for Richmond last year probably got the best of the varsity squad a lot in practice last year. NM wouldn’t be within 2 scores of Richmond this season.

NM has a very serious depth problem. If they had depth, they would be in conversations as a contender. With depth nobody is assuming they beat them by 2 scores. All of those other items definitely would play a significant part in the outcome. It was anybody's game to win. Not setting the edge when the offense is running the same play over and over outside. That's coaching.

Last edited:
I know the coaches was telling the players to contain the outside run and turn it to the inside. Think the players wasn't executing. Didn't help our starting mlb was out got hurt the week before.

NM has a very serious depth problem. If they had depth, they would be in conversations as a contender. With depth nobody is assuming they beat them by 2 scores. All of those other items definitely would play a significant part in the outcome. It was anybody's game to win. Not setting the edge when the offense is running the same play over and over outside. That's coaching.

Telling them to set the edge, and then actually being able to set the edge are two totally different things. Sometimes you flat out just can’t adjust even when you tell your players to do so. Talent, or lack there of. Depth is an issue across the board, which is exactly why I didn’t bring that up. Before Till came along, Richmond started to decline in that regard as well. Richmond has gone through some rough years since Hoggard left and the talent had not been there like it had been as well. They’re coming around now. Happens to every school, but last year was the year to get Richmond, and they got-got. They lost, it is what it is.

Come on Man! Richmond was 11-3 with great numbers when Mike Castllano. was coach, they have never had a numbers problem in comparison to other schools. A lot of these teams are fielding 30 + to 40 men rosters. Richmond has always doubled that amount. Hell! By the end of the season last year. Harding had a 35 player roster. Til has done an excellent job in turning the program around. The playoffs are a different animal. Some coaches are good at making adjustments and preparation. Last year I believe Morman got the best of Till. Outside of that, I agree with everything you're saying. Nobody is sleeping on Richmond this year. I can assure you coaches are watching their film around the clock, with anticipation of seeing them in the playoffs. They were not doing that last year. Richmond has always had talent. You don't get talent.You develop it.

Last edited:
Nah man...... talent can actually walk up to you then you can mold them to the next level

The rest of your essay is cool cause yeah Richmond does stay stacked

Yeah so I called a couple coaches the other day. One returned my call at 2am talking about “I’m watching film on Richmond’s last 5 games”

That’s absolutely Cray Cray

Last edited:
That bad “w word” maybe raising its head Friday.
Weather....to be continued .....Needless to say
Scotland more than willing to play in rain or wet conditions this time around .

Reactions: Ben-Badd and S2V2
I am still a little confused about the out coaching part but pretty sure i remember a lot of missed assignments and missed tackles contributing to the loss. Big 3rd down mistakes when the Raiders had opportunities to get off the field at times. But i am getting old and memory is not what it used to be. As far as blitzing or not, Richmond was and is a very aggressive defense, they have to be to make up for the size disadvantage (everyone has pointed out). Hard to change your mentality and style in a weeks time. Goes with the saying, "dance with the one that brought you", they took their best shot and lost. Like Nepsy said, NM had a lot to do with Richmond playing poorly. Their execution was good and they took advantage of mistakes. You can't give teams in the playoffs extra downs with missed tackles and assignments.

As far as the numbers of players comment, number of players dressed does not equal number of "players". So depth, quality depth can still be a problem even with 85 dressed and standing on the sidelines.

Nepsy, "You don't get talent. You develop it." I respect your opinions a great deal on this board but i am lost on this one i need you to clarify or go a little deeper on this statement. If you would, thanks.

Reactions: S2V2
I believe Till is doing a better job of developing the same talent that has always been there. A lot of coaches never develop the talent they have. You can take the same 2 players with the same ability. One coach pushes the player in the weight room, the other has a basic strength and conditioning program. One who teaches a route, the other explains why he's running the route. Kids understanding concepts of why, and the other just running around waiting on instructions from the coach. The QB who is thought when those ends are crashing, I probably should pull it and run, vs the QB who's just guessing. Teaching the team that you're going to get pushed around on the field if you don't develop a serious weight lifting programs vs no weight lifting program at all. I was shocked to find out how many programs have these kids lifting on their on. The majority of these kids are empty shells when you get them at 15 years old. It's imperative that you develop them vs just rolling them out on the field and saying play ball.

Last edited:
Come on Man! Richmond was 11-3 with great numbers when Mike Castllano. was coach, they have never had a numbers problem in comparison to other schools. A lot of these teams are fielding 30 + to 40 men rosters. Richmond has always doubled that amount. Hell! By the end of the season last year. Harding had a 35 player roster. Til has done an excellent job in turning the program around. The playoffs are a different animal. Some coaches are good at making adjustments and preparation. Last year I believe Morman got the best of Till. Outside of that, I agree with everything you're saying. Nobody is sleeping on Richmond this year. I can assure you coaches are watching their film around the clock, with anticipation of seeing them in the playoffs. They were not doing that last year. Richmond has always had talent. You don't get talent.You develop it.

I agree, you do develop it. Till has done a great job of developing, but Castellano spoke about this bunch when they were in middle school as the group that was going to turn the program around. And here they are. Just have to keep improving and keep it going to where the Raiders reload and not rebuild. The past couple of years have been rebuilding.

Thanks for elaborating Nepsy. Good points, coaches job is to recognize talent and sharpen it (develop) so the young person can maximize the talent they have been blessed with.

I think some times people confuse talent with skill. You can be a skilled high school player without great talent. Just as you can be a tremendously talented kid with no skill.

Wonder how the Saturday reschedule will effect the crowd? Can see pluses and minuses. Hope it is the usual turnout and craziness that makes it such a great environment.

Nothing better for NC Football than having a strong Richmond County & Scotland County teams. Hopefully Scotland returns to grace next year.

(Thurs.) Hoke County @ Pinecrest, Pinecrest, 42-14
71st @ Jack Britt, 71st, 35-21
Purnell Swett @ Lumberton, Lumberton, 28-21
(Sat.) Scotland @ Richmond, Richmond, 42-20

Hoke County losing streak now at 22 games.

Last week, 4-0 (1.000)
Overall, 41-9 (.820)

Pinecrest over Hoke 49-8
71st over Britt 28-13
P.Swett over Lumberton 21-20
RICHMOND over SCOTLAND 55-13. GO RAIDERS. Where will you be after this game LockRay??? Probably no where to be found. LOL.

To bad those 7th and 8th graders can't help you this Fri night.
No they cant but the reality of it this sh## goes in cycles. SC will be fine and so will RC. You all will wipe the field with us a I stated to all of the big mouth 71st fans who said RC wouldn't. You all have the numbers and the best player. I thought SC would have been a solid 9-2 or 8-3 team even after the debacle against Butler who is a good team but nothing special. SC has a lot of work to do and banking on kids in the pipeline is sometimes fools gold. Kids transfer, max out, get in trouble or stop playing. SC needs a philosophy change on offense. Bailey knew #34 was leaving and I don't believe we worked hard enough to deal with that by diversifying the offense (starting last year). Anyway RC you are the top dog for now but I promise it will bounce back to some other team. Its the nature of the beast.

Seems like it's always Richmond or Scotland. Just curious : Has anyone ever won this conference besides these Two? What about Pinecrest, or 71st? ?? Maybe a tie...or spilt .? GO RAIDERS, .

Seems like it's always Richmond or Scotland. Just curious : Has anyone ever won this conference besides these Two? What about Pinecrest, or 71st? ?? Maybe a tie...or spilt .? GO RAIDERS, .
Pinecrest has never won it. I think 71st may have finished in a tie for it one year in the old Mid-Southeastern (maybe), and I believe Purnell Swett did once in the mid 90s. That's about it.

Yea, well I was just curious about that...I hope we win it for the next 20 years...Lol I sure would like to see Hoke win a game...just one game...I think they win some next year and start turning around.

Pinecrest has never won it. I think 71st may have finished in a tie for it one year in the old Mid-Southeastern (maybe), and I believe Purnell Swett did once in the mid 90s. That's about it.
This is a put together conference. 71st has been a member of the midsouth conference. Richmond was a member at one time as well. The Mid South switched to all the schools in Fayetteville and Richmond went to the Southeastern conference. The Sandhills Athletic Conference is only two years old.

No they cant but the reality of it this sh## goes in cycles. SC will be fine and so will RC. You all will wipe the field with us a I stated to all of the big mouth 71st fans who said RC wouldn't. You all have the numbers and the best player. I thought SC would have been a solid 9-2 or 8-3 team even after the debacle against Butler who is a good team but nothing special. SC has a lot of work to do and banking on kids in the pipeline is sometimes fools gold. Kids transfer, max out, get in trouble or stop playing. SC needs a philosophy change on offense. Bailey knew #34 was leaving and I don't believe we worked hard enough to deal with that by diversifying the offense (starting last year). Anyway RC you are the top dog for now but I promise it will bounce back to some other team. Its the nature of the beast.
The writing was on the wall for the Scots last year. No Zamir White and offensive line coming back. Defense has always been suspect, they just outscored everyone. Last qb to throw the ball was Jaylend Ratcliff. 71st would have been a better game with RC but injuries hit us. Bates has been in a boot for 3 weeks but that's the way it goes. Having good players is one thing staying healthy and peaking at the right time is another. You're right about one thing....RC is playing good ball. Good luck in the playoffs.

This is a put together conference. 71st has been a member of the midsouth conference. Richmond was a member at one time as well. The Mid South switched to all the schools in Fayetteville and Richmond went to the Southeastern conference. The Sandhills Athletic Conference is only two years old.
Yeah, I get that. I played in the MDSE. I miss that conference.

Richmond was in old Southeastern Conference for years we can go back to the 80’s; Purnell Sweat won the title in 1990; either Scotland or Anson won the conference in 1993-1994 I am 100% sure it was Scotland; a lot of folks don’t realize Scotland probably was the 2nd best team in the state 2 years in a row 1997 & 1998 but that an entire different subject; Richmond won or claimed share of the conference title until 2011 and from then Scotland has had a monkey wrench around everyone’s neck. I am not sure who won the conference title in 2008 because Richmond loss a lot of games and 4 of the teams in that conference actually played for the 4A/4AA title.

Richmond was in old Southeastern Conference for years we can go back to the 80’s; Purnell Sweat won the title in 1990; either Scotland or Anson won the conference in 1993-1994 I am 100% sure it was Scotland; a lot of folks don’t realize Scotland probably was the 2nd best team in the state 2 years in a row 1997 & 1998 but that an entire different subject; Richmond won or claimed share of the conference title until 2011 and from then Scotland has had a monkey wrench around everyone’s neck. I am not sure who won the conference title in 2008 because Richmond loss a lot of games and 4 of the teams in that conference actually played for the 4A/4AA title.
I wanna say Britt won it in 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT