ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland / Harding. for the 4a title

It' easy 2 say load the box n stop crouch. He' the offense n he's gonna get his..u jus gotta not allow the 80yrd breaks n the 50+yrs breaks. He' gonna get his 5-15yrds every now n then that's cool...its not crouch that beat us it was Murphy. 2 rushing tds n 1 passing so u better keep a safety high n watch the wings. Harding can b a headache. Scotty fans if ur o line can't create holes....YOU WILL NOT WIN!! their backend n secondary is probably the best n the state n they tackle well in space. Very stout all over the board. Only way we scored m got yrds was thru the air.
704, I always respect your opinion and I have not seen Harding play. I will say that if the O line blocks well Harding will be making those tackles 4-7 yards downfield. That is pretty much what Hoggard did. SC ran 77 rushing plays against Hoggard which means they didn't have short fields and they didn't have gashing runs. They will take the 4-7 yards. The problem Hoggard had was getting negative plays or plays with no yards. SC had 2nd and 3rd and short all night.

It' easy 2 say load the box n stop crouch. He' the offense n he's gonna get his..u jus gotta not allow the 80yrd breaks n the 50+yrs breaks. He' gonna get his 5-15yrds every now n then that's cool...its not crouch that beat us it was Murphy. 2 rushing tds n 1 passing so u better keep a safety high n watch the wings. Harding can b a headache. Scotty fans if ur o line can't create holes....YOU WILL NOT WIN!! their backend n secondary is probably the best n the state n they tackle well in space. Very stout all over the board. Only way we scored m got yrds was thru the air.

On another posting site, I can't remember who said it, but it was to the tune of "1, 8, and 22" wouldn't start on most teams. It was 8 and 22 that really beat Vance. Quavaris got his, but it wasn't him that got the better of Vance. Best of luck to Vance in the future. They have a bright future, especially with #2 behind center. Don't know his name, my apologies.

I think special occasions bring about special memories. You should pull out all the stops. Sometimes even taking a few lumps for the team. Perhaps creating a distraction.

It’s a big time moment, make big time memories. The band wears kilts. I think the coaching staff should wear kilts for this big game.

Just one mans opinion.

704, I always respect your opinion and I have not seen Harding play. I will say that if the O line blocks well Harding will be making those tackles 4-7 yards downfield. That is pretty much what Hoggard did. SC ran 77 rushing plays against Hoggard which means they didn't have short fields and they didn't have gashing runs. They will take the 4-7 yards. The problem Hoggard had was getting negative plays or plays with no yards. SC had 2nd and 3rd and short all night.

81 carries for 516 yards. That 6.4 yards per carry was the lowest of the season for Scotland. The previously low amount since having the offensive line back was 11.2 yards per carry.

On another posting site, I can't remember who said it, but it was to the tune of "1, 8, and 22" wouldn't start on most teams. It was 8 and 22 that really beat Vance. Quavaris got his, but it wasn't him that got the better of Vance. Best of luck to Vance in the future. They have a bright future, especially with #2 behind center. Don't know his name, my apologies.
Nigel Summerville, n behind him is a 6ft3 kid that's athletic probably around 210-220 lbs

81 carries for 516 yards. That 6.4 yards per carry was the lowest of the season for Scotland. The previously low amount since having the offensive line back was 11.2 yards per carry.
To be fair, that's because Zamir wasn't playing.

If the Harding defense is good enough to hold Scotland to 7 points they should be crowned state champs just on that alone imho.
They held creek 2 3pts at half..and if it wasn't for turnovers creek would have been in trouble. I know u love Scotland and think they are world beaters but Harding is no joke dude.

They held creek 2 3pts at half..and if it wasn't for turnovers creek would have been in trouble. I know u love Scotland and think they are world beaters but Harding is no joke dude.
What was the final of that game and turnovers change a lot of games i've seem film on Harding, and Scotland got their work cut out for them but i love our chances.

I understand time warner is carrying....is it gonna be streamed on the net live?
WCCB tv channel 11 is carrying the games i believe not sure which but almost certainly the Charlotte matches i would think- might want to call the station <> 1- 704-372-1800

web1_IMG_0550.jpg

Coming at you...

Last edited:
I never said Scotland was world beaters and even stated above that I wasn't predicting that they would win Saturday. No team has held the Scots to a mere 7 points this season and I highly doubt Harding will either on Saturday. Just my opinion. We will all know the outcome on Saturday evening. I have been wrong before though.

I never said Scotland was world beaters and even stated above that I wasn't predicting that they would win Saturday. No team has held the Scots to a mere 7 points this season and I highly doubt Harding will either on Saturday. Just my opinion. We will all know the outcome on Saturday evening. I have been wrong before though.
We don't have to be world beaters Go Just do what Vance couldn't do last week.

Amen and i can tell you what I just saw 2 games on Harding and there is some stuff there Sc can take advantage of. Talking about the MC game for either of these teams is probably a waste of time. Harding is very good and we will have our work cut out for us. This will come down to mistakes and field position. There kicking game is not impressive at all so that wont be something we have to work about but they have some very good return folks. These teams are soooooo similar.

Amen and i can tell you what I just saw 2 games on Harding and there is some stuff there Sc can take advantage of. Talking about the MC game for either of these teams is probably a waste of time. Harding is very good and we will have our work cut out for us. This will come down to mistakes and field position. There kicking game is not impressive at all so that wont be something we have to work about but they have some very good return folks. These teams are soooooo similar.
You must have watch the same film i did i also saw where we could attack and after last week I'm Sure the Scots coaching staff will have no trouble putting a game plan together.

Film gives you an overall persona of a team, but if you think scheme will be the same on film for either side you are sadly mistaken guys.

Close game I think both teams are well coached, run first, and try to play turnover free football.

Just one observation, how strong is the defense down east?

Film gives you an overall persona of a team, but if you think scheme will be the same on film for either side you are sadly mistaken guys.

Close game I think both teams are well coached, run first, and try to play turnover free football.

Just one observation, how strong is the defense down east?
Scots good against the run not so good against the pass i could be a little off but i think HOGGARD had - 12yds rushing.

Scotland did face MC....Hoggard was definitely the next best defense. Hoggard holding New Hanover, who is playing for a title, to 7 speaks to their defense.

Or really anyone. I dont think Harding can hold Scotland to 7. I would be stunned if they keep them in the 20's. I think the Scotland Oline is the best in the state and that comes from a MC fan.

I just dont like that Scotland defense. I think Crouch could get 300. It might take 35 carries. I think it may very well come down to which defense can get a stop late.

Reactions: Scotsland
Or really anyone. I dont think Harding can hold Scotland to 7. I would be stunned if they keep them in the 20's. I think the Scotland Oline is the best in the state and that comes from a MC fan.

I just dont like that Scotland defense. I think Crouch could get 300. It might take 35 carries. I think it may very well come down to which defense can get a stop late.
I just don't think you are giving our run defense any credit. It truly has not been a problem other thank the poorly tacking against MC and the 71st game they have been rock solid. 71st game the plan was to double #21 and make them run it. 71st had 200 yds for the game but 1 came off 74 yards. From what I saw we have to keep #27 from gashing us like he did west meck and w forsyth. he has to have a game like he did against PR. That is the game I look at they were held in check all night. PR lost that game due to KR and qb's going down. if we can put that type of effort into it we will win but it is a very tall ask. this team is good.

Harding was not full strength against PR, lost an OL right before the game and it really limited their offense. PR is really good at stopping the run also, well coached.

Not really underestimating. I just think the kid is that good and beyond that he is gonna get the rock a ton. PR game they were missing some kids upfront I am told. I believe they are very close to being 100%

I will put it to you like this. In the history of the MC program there has been one guy rush for 200+ on them. This kid( and yes Zamir gets that if Bailey feeds him the ball more) but thats a pretty exclusive group. Now...it took him 37 carries and I think the MC run defense got better mid season but that was still a very good run defense that was geared to stop him. They threw one pass all night.

Their Oline is good, not great ( Gwynn is great) and they have enough speed and shiftness to keep you at least a little honest but he is bigger than most of your defense and for a kid his size has great feet. Maybe most important.....he is just one of those dudes. Stronger on carry 35 than carry 5.

I think he could get 300 and Scotland could still win but they will need to play mistake free because its only gonna take a turnover or couple 3 and outs and things get problematic. Just like Scotland they are gonna grind it out ans shorten the game. I think its going to be a one score..game in the high 20's low 30's.

It really doesnt do any good to compare any team scotland has played to HArding. They havent faced anyone in his stratosphere. Now....same could be said about facing the Scotland offense for Harding.

Reactions: Scotsland
I believe Vance put so much emphasis on Crouch, that other players were able to make play's. What kept them in the game, was the ability to pass the ball. I don't see either team throwing more than 5 to 7 times. Go with what got you here. Seeing both teams play more than once. I would have to say Harding has a slight edge defensively. Slight edge on the Offensive side of the ball goes with the Scot's. Toss up! Whoever makes the most mistakes is going to take an L.

Last edited:
HSFB man says if it"s gonna B"s cold likes they predict Saturday thems RAMS players playing both ways will B"s Tired and exhausted ands worn down likes A pair of cheap SNEAKERS ons a HOT STOVETOP BURNER

Crouch and Gwyn spot play on defense. Those are the only 2 guys that play both ways for Harding and its not that often. That narrative isnt true.

Crouch and Gwyn spot play on defense. Those are the only 2 guys that play both ways for Harding and its not that often. That narrative isnt true.
52 plays both us unless you have two #52's. Also SC fans don't care about hearing the injury story unless crouch is out - no comparison.

Harding definitely has more players playing both way's than just spot play. They even play the QB on defense occasionally . It's really irrelevant at this time. It's not going to be the deciding factor of the game. That narrative is very much true.

Agreed at this point you play with who you have and play them as much as you want to. If This game will be about imposing the others will and who craters first. Special teams and turnovers. SC needs to win the special teams and field position game n a big way harding kicks the ball away we dribble it to the 35 you are potentially giving up 15 yards of field position if the avg return is to the 20. That is not good across the course of a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT