ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County

I guess it is time to celebrate!!!!!!!

That Scotland offensive coordinator from 2011 that ruled the season is coming back to be with the Fighting Scots.

Reactions: UNC91
Bringing in QB's from other areas and now a coach from 10 years ago. Bailey ain't messing around trying to get that title.

Still would finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference with a 3rd round loss in the playoffs. Nobody is playing in NC this year anyway because of Cooper.

Yea I'm finally facing reality. At least this coach will have a year to ramp up

Still would finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference with a 3rd round loss in the playoffs. Nobody is playing in NC this year anyway because of Cooper.
No worst than all those D1 prospects that will walk home with 2 maybe 3 conference championships if the season is played.

Not because of Cooper, but the idiots that won't wear a freaking mask! You are right though, SC would finish 2nd behind RC this year. After this year... We shall see what happens with both programs.

Level of talent and competition different in 4aa playoffs
So then you are not as good as you think because for 7 out of the last 9 years you lost to a 4a team that had 3 d1 players. You guys have more depth and talent than anyone right now if you went down the roster and you still have not done anything to crow about. if you don't win a ship it will be a huge disappointment you know it and i know it. Just like it was when we didn't and at least we had had a chance with the best player in decades in street clothes. The level of talent you guys have is insane and if you don't get it done if a season is played theire will be no excuses bro. I think 24/7 has you guys with 11 kids with d1 offers. Maybe Hough and MC has that many and that is a maybe!

Last edited:
So then you are not as good as you think because for 7 out of the last 9 years you lost to a 4a team that had 3 d1 players. You guys have more depth and talent than anyone right now if you went down the roster and you still have not done anything to crow about. if you don't win a ship it will be a huge disappointment you know it and i know it. Just like it was when we didn't and at least we had had a chance with the best player in decades in street clothes. The level of talent you guys have is insane and if you don't get it done if a season is played theire will be no excuses bro. I think 24/7 has you guys with 11 kids with d1 offers. Maybe Hough and MC has that many and that is a maybe!
If we played the weak 4a playoffs we would have 4-5 more ships. No doubt. Big difference between D1 liberty and D1 Ohio State. Struggled with Pine Forest we shut out. Lost to gibbions who we blew out. Was you one of the 50 people left in the stands when The Raiders was blowing you out half way through the 3rd?

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
During that 7 year run the Scots had some great teams and football players and there was more than just 3 d 1 talent Josh, Tony, quayshaun, jaylend, Johnathan, trajon, smiley, bell, and Zeus just to name a few.

Reactions: S2V2
During that 7 year run the Scots had some great teams and football players and there was more than just 3 d 1 talent Josh, Tony, quayshaun, jaylend, Johnathan, trajon, smiley, bell, and Zeus just to name a few.
The kids you named only 3 went to true d1 colleges. With all due respect I don't include Lenoir Rhyne, Western Carolina and A&T as D1. I'm talking FBS. Scotland co has been successful with good high school players none of those names you mentioned except JR, ZEUS and Jon Smith were FBS D1 players. The only other one is the Robinson kid who I missed that went to state and maybe TJ Smith. I'm not sure what Georgia State is. They have not been playing that long say they might be Group of 5 D1! So I stand by my point SC is not some factory that has 7-10 kids on a squad with FBS D1 talent since we are being picky. I'm sure Coach would agree with this assessment as well. SC has won with good hs players but not D1 players! The fact remains that there is this myth that SC is some D1 factory and the facts don't show that. Maybe revisionist history does. Hope there is a season so I can get one more look at the mighty Raiders!

Last edited:
If we played the weak 4a playoffs we would have 4-5 more ships. No doubt. Big difference between D1 liberty and D1 Ohio State. Struggled with Pine Forest we shut out. Lost to gibbions who we blew out. Was you one of the 50 people left in the stands when The Raiders was blowing you out half way through the 3rd?
Yep just like you were when we embarrassed the mighty Raiders in those epic beat downs and brother 98 they are coming back. Our window closed for a short time yours is closing as well. Better get us this year. Hopefully you all will keep our little 3AA squad on the schedule so we can be so honored to step on the field with the mighty 4AA juggernaut.

Gotcha devil mac the guys were some talented ballers.
No doubt they were talented I just want to put into perspective. One of the best kids to play during that time was the OLB that played on the 2014 team that went to the Shrine Bowl Brandon McMillan. That kid was a HS beast but he lacked size for D1 programs. IMO you take a risk on a guy that produced like that kid. Outside of Zeus he is my all-time favorite. You get the picture my man. Hope we can yap about the game if a season is played. You guys are flat out loaded. Offensively just damn scary!

Reactions: Raider7967
The raiders and the scots will continue to play even with the change in the realignment may be early season game like it used to be best game best fans in the state let's go richmond and Scotland county 15 mins apart lol.

This has nothing to do with Roy Cooper, the entire Country should have been better prepared. We are only strong as our leader. I love football but I love saving lives more than football. My Raiders had a damn good chance of bringing that title back where it belongs this year in the County!

This has nothing to do with Roy Cooper, the entire Country should have been better prepared. We are only strong as our leader. I love football but I love saving lives more than football. My Raiders had a damn good chance of bringing that title back where it belongs this year in the County!
Word. Best chance in years with the coaching change at MC. Vance and Myers Park would probably be the biggest hurdle. SC and RC is an epic rivalry. I would agree with the assessment that RC has always had big time FBS D1 athletes, while SC has been solid with sub conference players and a few D1 sprinkled in here and there. Both have great tradition, community support and expectations, and excellent staffs. Charlotte simply has the massive numbers of potential athletes to choose from. Thus it remains the hotbed of talent in NC. That won't change.

Reactions: devilmac99

Not sure about the 4-5 more "chips" especially these last few years. You all weren't exactly dominant against us (East Forsyth) at Wake Forest a couple years back. Just be cool you're in 4AA and chill on those of us who are designated for 4A.

We don't chose to play in 4A. Got news for you this year too IF we played you probably wouldn't win 4A this year either. Maybe our best team on paper of the 3 title contenders we've had.

Respect to everyone that got it done from 1A-4AA.

I would agree with the assessment that RC has always had big time FBS D1 athletes,
The last time Richmond won in 08 the most high profile signings were Wake Forest, SC State, Wingate and Wofford. That team was made up of a lot of what mac99 is talking about really good high school players who came together and played their hearts out for each other.

We have had our share of top shelf talent, but nothing like what the Charlotte schools have been cranking out consistently over the past decade or so. This years team is the closest thing we have had to them and our glory years in a very, very long time.

I do not think you have to have tons of D1 talent to win it all. It is hard to win the 4AA without D1 talent for sure but over the years I have seen many of those D1 kids not play with an edge. Many get big headed and do not work as hard. I love watching the kids that have offers from LR and WCU and they are trying to get that ACC offer. Those kids bring it everyday, every play.
Also, it is hard to win it all in football. Teams have to be very good but they also have to be a little lucky dealing with injuries and matchups and weather, bad calls or tightly or loosely called games. SC has had 2 major injuries that have probably cost then 2 state championships. The bar is high at SC and no question they want another one but its very hard. The stars have to line up.

Ok Smart Guy, you said that the Raiders would win 4 or 5 championships. In the last 9 season, who championship you taking.

2011 Scotland
2012 New Bern
2013 Dudley
2014 New Bern
2015 Charlotte Catholic
2016 Dudley
2017 Harding
2018 East Forsyth
2019 East Forsyth

What 4 or 5 rings you taken???

Reactions: Veejay4
Ok Smart Guy, you said that the Raiders would win 4 or 5 championships. In the last 9 season, who championship you taking.

2011 Scotland
2012 New Bern
2013 Dudley
2014 New Bern
2015 Charlotte Catholic
2016 Dudley
2017 Harding
2018 East Forsyth
2019 East Forsyth

What 4 or 5 rings you taken???
Never said 4-5 the last 9 years. I was saying since sub division A AA started.

Those 4a champs were all solid teams could play with anybody. The weakest was E Forsyth two years ago and now they are an absolute MONSTER. They can play up or down and hold their own. Some of the folks on her just like to make up shit for conversation which is all good. The top 4aa and Top 4a teams are close in most years. There are some exclusions but its just not like 98 said Liberty compared to Ohio State. That is wishful thinking! When SC played MC a few years ago we were out-matched physically but we fought and had a game changer. I knew then if SC played in Charlotte every week they would struggle because of size and numbers but normally our starting 22 is pretty darn salty.

Last edited:
Those 4a champs were all solid teams could play with anybody. The weakest was E Forsyth two years ago and now they are an absolute MONSTER. They can play up or down and hold their own. Some of the folks on her just like to make up shit for conversation which is all good. The top 4aa and Top 4a teams are close in most years. There are some exclusions but its just not like 98 said Liberty compared to Ohio State. That is wishful thinking! When SC played MC a few years ago we were out-matched physically but we fought and had a game changer. I knew then if SC played in Charlotte every week they would struggle because of size and numbers but normally our starting 22 is pretty darn salty.

Not really making up anything when you refer to any championship team, bracket or class as weak.

Again it doesn't profit anything to refer to a lower class team as weak. Even if any of us could beat 3A, 3AA etc.... how come we just can't tip our hats and acknowledge the teams that won it regardless of classification.

You say what you will but to refer to anything as weak is a slight where I'm from.

Not trying to start anything just calling it like I read it.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Not really making up anything when you refer to any championship team, bracket or class as weak.

Again it doesn't profit anything to refer to a lower class team as weak. Even if any of us could beat 3A, 3AA etc.... how come we just can't tip our hats and acknowledge the teams that won it regardless of classification.

You say what you will but to refer to anything as weak is a slight where I'm from.

Not trying to start anything just calling it like I read it.
Don't care if you are trying to start something or not. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion and like all opinions everyone has one and most stink and are useless. I call it like I see it as well. 2 years ago EF struggled with a very avg. SC team by any standards over the last 8 years. Did you all win? Yep! Champs? Yep! Do I think that team could beat any of the champs from the previous years from 2011-2017 - NOPE! Again my opinion you don't have to agree. All good I gave EF props they are the gold standard right now not going to knock them just saying I was not overly impressed just my opinion. You good?

Don't care if you are trying to start something or not. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion and like all opinions everyone has one and most stink and are useless. I call it like I see it as well. 2 years ago EF struggled with a very avg. SC team by any standards over the last 8 years. Did you all win? Yep! Champs? Yep! Do I think that team could beat any of the champs from the previous years from 2011-2017 - NOPE! Again my opinion you don't have to agree. All good I gave EF props they are the gold standard right now not going to knock them just saying I was not overly impressed just my opinion. You good?

Not trying to start anything either with you. True you are entitled to your opinion whether it makes sense or not.

That's not the issue and we've taken the brunt of many a joke on here for years and many of them I've laughed at because if we didn't get it done we deserved that type of attention.

What anyone I'm sure would take issue with is your observation of any program being considered weak champions or not if they have any pride.

As you stated you can have your opinion but I'm not sure there isn't a fan base on here that wouldn't respond to being called weak.

I'm more than fine just checking you on your comment. As long as you understand if you post it's fair game.

Never said 4-5 the last 9 years. I was saying since sub division A AA started.
Ok Big Boy, it started in 2002.

2002 AC Reynolds
03, 04,05, 06 - Rose
07 Hoggard
09 AC Reynolds
10 Hillside

Can't count 08, because you guys won in 08. So which one of these squads you taking rings from???

All of them...
I hope you are joking. I can speak for the 07 Hoggard team. RC got blown out by a good WC team, who lost twice to Indy. Indy lost to NB that year. Hoggard beat NB by 3 TD's earlier in the year. That Hoggard team was so good up front and had great speed. I saw RC play that year and they lost to a 5-7 Seventy First team and they should have lost to SC. I think Hoggard beats them by 2 TD's.

I hope you are joking. I can speak for the 07 Hoggard team. RC got blown out by a good WC team, who lost twice to Indy. Indy lost to NB that year. Hoggard beat NB by 3 TD's earlier in the year. That Hoggard team was so good up front and had great speed. I saw RC play that year and they lost to a 5-7 Seventy First team and they should have lost to SC. I think Hoggard beats them by 2 TD's.

That NB game was the first game of the season. Totally different team down the stretch.

That NB game was the first game of the season. Totally different team down the stretch.
Hoggard won their 3rd and 4th round playoff games with their backup QB. Maybe Hoggard doesn't beats NB by 3 TD's at the end of the season but that Hoggard team improved much over the course of the year. NB lost to RC that year and struggled against LR and the Millbrook game was one of the best games ever but could have gone either way. Hoggard wasn't challenged all season.

Last edited:
NB down by 42 at half? Man I thought SC was the only one to put NB on the bus at half. Please say it ain't so!

Talking about when New Bern had Hoggard down 42-0 at half in the Eastern Title game in 2014. Good thing y’all got beat by them the week before. Hughes would’ve hung 100 on the mighty Scots!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT