ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County

Talking about when New Bern had Hoggard down 42-0 at half in the Eastern Title game in 2014. Good thing y’all got beat by them the week before. Hughes would’ve hung 100 on the mighty Scots!
Well that might have been the case but I know what happen when we hung 61 on yall and I can tell you I have never seen a more dejected crowd. Came in with those nice black uniforms and about 65 deep and got straight up trashed. BTW our issue with Hoggard wasn't D we had a kid that had no business starting that year but due to circumstances he was forced into play. If I'm not mistaken that was the year that New Hanover had a solid team so while you all were clearly the best that year lets not act like you were 2011 Scots good! Drop the MOFO Mic!

Well that might have been the case but I know what happen when we hung 61 on yall and I can tell you I have never seen a more dejected crowd. Came in with those nice black uniforms and about 65 deep and got straight up trashed. BTW our issue with Hoggard wasn't D we had a kid that had no business starting that year but due to circumstances he was forced into play. If I'm not mistaken that was the year that New Hanover had a solid team so while you all were clearly the best that year lets not act like you were 2011 Scots good! Drop the MOFO Mic!

The dejection didn’t last too long as we came back the next year and brought that title back to The Bern!!!! And then did it again in 2014! Our coach wanted Scot so bad but I cant blame y’all for not wanting to drive all that way for the Mike Hughes Show! Miccccc dropppedddd

The dejection didn’t last too long as we came back the next year and brought that title back to The Bern!!!! And then did it again in 2014! Our coach wanted Scot so bad but I cant blame y’all for not wanting to drive all that way for the Mike Hughes Show! Miccccc dropppedddd
Funny but we got your number and you know it. The only team that you all don't ever like to see are the Scots. Its just not really a storyline you want to own as one you have dominated!

Funny but we got your number and you know it. The only team that you all don't ever like to see are the Scots. Its just not really a storyline you want to own as one you have dominated!

That's fine, you keep that number, we'll keep the trophies. 2 out of the 3 ya'll won, we won the whole damn thing the year after. So thank you!

I would of love to have seen J-Ratt and Zeus play together in 2014. That would've been a helluva Duo!!!

That's fine, you keep that number, we'll keep the trophies. 2 out of the 3 ya'll won, we won the whole damn thing the year after. So thank you!
for some reason Zeus barely carried the ball 2nd half verse Hoggard, maybe not ready as a freshmen was the talk (lol) the kicker practiced that very fg almost the entire halftime and by chance he got it and made it late regulation ,, nobody wanted new Bern that year saved us a long drive the next week .

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
for some reason Zeus barely carried the ball 2nd half verse Hoggard, maybe not ready as a freshmen was the talk (lol) the kicker practiced that very fg almost the entire halftime and by chance he got it and made it late regulation ,, nobody wanted new Bern that year saved us a long drive the next week .
I agree, Hughes was at another level. I think SC had more speed on defense than Hoggard had. Hoggard rolled the dice with their defensive scheme against NB in 14. They were trying to get Hughes to throw the ball more by not adding a lot of pressure but instead he took off, had a lot of open space.
As for the SC game that year, SC looked like they were on their way the first half scoring 21 points. Hoggard made great adjustments at the half and SC really never changed what they were doing and got shut out in the 2nd half. White was very good as a freshman but not special yet. He did not have the vision and the feel and the strength that he would end up having.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
I agree, Hughes was at another level. I think SC had more speed on defense than Hoggard had. Hoggard rolled the dice with their defensive scheme against NB in 14. They were trying to get Hughes to throw the ball more by not adding a lot of pressure but instead he took off, had a lot of open space.
As for the SC game that year, SC looked like they were on their way the first half scoring 21 points. Hoggard made great adjustments at the half and SC really never changed what they were doing and got shut out in the 2nd half. White was very good as a freshman but not special yet. He did not have the vision and the feel and the strength that he would end up having.

Catholic tried to make him throw in the title game and did a pretty good job limiting his yards on the ground but he still threw a few bombs for TD's.

Catholic tried to make him throw in the title game and did a pretty good job limiting his yards on the ground but he still threw a few bombs for TD's.
Yes, CC had better personnel on Def. Hughes had a strong arm and many of his throws were 50-50 balls. Give credit to the WR's for getting them.
Hughes was very special! I got blasted by NB fans after the Hoggard game by posting NB had a good talent but nothing special outside of Hughes. They weren't loaded like many of their past teams. I do not say that as a jab but to prove just how good Hughes was. I was right, NB went 5-6, 5-6, 5-6, and 2-9 over the next 4 seasons.

Yes, CC had better personnel on Def. Hughes had a strong arm and many of his throws were 50-50 balls. Give credit to the WR's for getting them.
Hughes was very special! I got blasted by NB fans after the Hoggard game by posting NB had a good talent but nothing special outside of Hughes. They weren't loaded like many of their past teams. I do not say that as a jab but to prove just how good Hughes was. I was right, NB went 5-6, 5-6, 5-6, and 2-9 over the next 4 seasons.

Had nothing to do with the 4 years afterwards. New Bern had a senior laden group that year. The D was special, Hoggard found that out in addition to Catholic who had negative yards in the first half of the 4A Title Game. And that D was without Hughes. D line, linebackers, secondary and wideouts were terrific but they got overshadowed due to the future 1st round draft pick.

I agree,
White was very good as a freshman but not special yet. He did not have the vision and the feel and the strength that he would end up having.
Sometime between that Hoggard game and the end of the next summer white blowed up all over everywhere, that high national ranking and all the accolades began to come ...I guess that was my once in a lifetime high school athlete to see ..

Had nothing to do with the 4 years afterwards. New Bern had a senior laden group that year. The D was special, Hoggard found that out in addition to Catholic who had negative yards in the first half of the 4A Title Game. And that D was without Hughes. D line, linebackers, secondary and wideouts were terrific but they got overshadowed due to the future 1st round draft pick.
I wouldn't say it had "nothing" to do with the next 4 years. I know NB lost many coaches and Curlings was dealing with some health issues and that was surely a factor but I had seen a lot of really good NB teams and 14 was one of them but it was obvious that the elite skilled players were thin. The NB defense was really good and I am not taking anything away from them. Having a player like Hughes who keeps scoring, lets the defense play free and aggressive. Hoggard rushed for almost 3000 yards that year and needed to wear down the defense and not be in must pass situation and thats exactly where they ended up. It was 21-0 in the 1st qrt. NB then put the gas to the floor on defense as well.

Sometime between that Hoggard game and the end of the next summer white blowed up all over everywhere, that high national ranking and all the accolades began to come ...I guess that was my once in a lifetime high school athlete to see ..
I know you guys have seen some really good players come thru your program but I hope you appreciated every game with White. I remember going to a SC game his Jr season and I got there early and was on the field during pre game and my son said, "which kid is White" I looked around and saw what looked like an elite college athlete with a cut off shirt. He looked like he was at the wrong game playing on the wrong day. My son said, "he's in high school?" Yep.

I wouldn't say it had "nothing" to do with the next 4 years. I know NB lost many coaches and Curlings was dealing with some health issues and that was surely a factor but I had seen a lot of really good NB teams and 14 was one of them but it was obvious that the elite skilled players were thin. The NB defense was really good and I am not taking anything away from them. Having a player like Hughes who keeps scoring, lets the defense play free and aggressive. Hoggard rushed for almost 3000 yards that year and needed to wear down the defense and not be in must pass situation and thats exactly where they ended up. It was 21-0 in the 1st qrt. NB then put the gas to the floor on defense as well.

I'm speaking more of the line play and all around D rather than the skill players. Although they had some guys that could catch/tote the rock, the D gave up 8 ppg and a lot of those points were scored on 2nd/3rd team. Most offensive TD's they gave up in a game were 2.

Knew it was going to be a long night when Mike took the first play 81 yards to the house. Been a long time since I've seen a QB rush for 257 yards and 3 scores in the first 24 minutes of a Semi-final game.

I'm speaking more of the line play and all around D rather than the skill players. Although they had some guys that could catch/tote the rock, the D gave up 8 ppg and a lot of those points were scored on 2nd/3rd team. Most offensive TD's they gave up in a game were 2.

Knew it was going to be a long night when Mike took the first play 81 yards to the house. Been a long time since I've seen a QB rush for 257 yards and 3 scores in the first 24 minutes of a Semi-final game.
Ok, just stop. I don't need those images replayed in my mind!

Sure has been's a longggggggg. time. 2014. Dry Spell****** Da Bears 2 go 4's a Long period without a State Championship apperance. ------------ Go Bears.

Reactions: UNC91
Been on the field why would Richmond be silent for 4 straight years after this year? We have great young talent and great coaching.

If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where before the snap the QB drops the right arm and high-fives the grass.....that mess scares me. Its like might as well say a Big Play is ought to come.

If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where they look like Cam Newton where the QB fakes the opponent out where they cant tell whethers hes keeping it or not. I remember Cam Newton is true expert at that mess....he stretches those arms and slides one leg for ever in the day and then he keeps it and runs...

If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where he hands it off to the first running back all stealthy and mess and the running back yolts through the middle.....game over

Oh! and if them Raiders bring on two to three tall 6'3" slinky muscular receivers.....Game Over

Never under estimate the power of the Magic. It has always been mysterious to me and I still have not broken the code to the illusion.....

Powerful mess buddy row

---- BREAK ----
Now Scotland on the other hand........they might have another Zamir. We will see 8 Feb

AINT NUT'N BUT A G-THANG

Last edited:
If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where before the snap the QB drops the right arm and high-fives the grass.....that mess scares me. Its like might as well say a Big Play is ought to come.

If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where they look like Cam Newton where the QB fakes the opponent out where they cant tell whethers hes keeping it or not. I remember Cam Newton is true expert at that mess....he stretches those arms and slides one leg for ever in the day and then he keeps it and runs...

If them Raiders has them type of quarterback where he hands it off to the first running back all stealthy and mess and the running back yolts through the middle.....game over

Oh! and if them Raiders bring on two to three tall 6'3" slinky muscular receivers.....Game Over

Never under estimate the power of the Magic. It has always been mysterious to me and I still have not broken the code to the illusion.....

Powerful mess buddy row

---- BREAK ----
Now Scotland on the other hand........they might have another Zamir. We will see 8 Feb

AINT NUT'N BUT A G-THANG
SMDH!!!

I see that 61 to 28 azzzz whoopin still sting Dude! Get over it!
Yes it's was back N's 2011 D's coaches told Us's that Scotland coulda score a Hundred points that night if's Coach Williams didn't want's 2's embarrass Da Bears and coaches and players and that little Crowd of Fans that wasted their money on that Longggggggg. Trip

Yes it's was back N's 2011 D's coaches told Us's that Scotland coulda score a Hundred points that night if's Coach Williams didn't want's 2's embarrass Da Bears and coaches and players and that little Crowd of Fans that wasted their money on that Longggggggg. Trip

Who had a long trip the next year? All that way for 6 points.

Took a New Bern guy to win a title in the Burg.

Go BEARS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT