ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County is ranked No. 2 in two statewide preseason polls. Mallard Creek is No. 3.

Scotland County, 14-1 last season, returns 13 starters, including seven on offense. Georgia-bound running back Zamir White ran for nearly 1,700 yards and 26 touchdowns last season. At 6-1, 220 pounds, he’s considered the nation’s best senior at his position.

But teammate Syheam “Smiley” McQueen (6-1, 210) was the conference player of the year last season after White missed games with an injury. McQueen rushed for 1,317 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Palmieri’s team finished 9-3 last season, ending a seven-year run of double-digits wins. The Mavericks return five starters, including preseason all-state defensive lineman Jordan Davis. They’re working in a new quarterback, 5-foot-11, 175-pound junior Jadyn Washington, who led an unbeaten junior varsity last season. Palmieri likes his running back corps, which goes four deep and features 5-10, 215-pound Najzae Bryant.

Palmieri estimates that “five to 10” seniors will become Division I college football players.

NEPSY 5...............................I HAVE SAID 5 NEPSY
NOT 4

Today I was hanging out at Scotland and thought I would walk out to the main highway and take a pitchture of what will be one of the biggest match ups to date, the place to be tonight, the largest crowed on this Thursday and two of the most skilled team in North Carolina. In just a few hours this stadium will be filled with Scotlands biggest fans, both carolinas routtie routtie crew, and SCOUTS, AFTER SCOUTS, AFTER SCOUTS, AFTER FREAKING SCOUTS

Mallard Creek is currently in route to a stage they have never played on, a fan base they have never confronted, and to play The Fighting Scots. Tonight will be an electrifying evening. The votes are in and Scotland is expected to not just perform but to win.

The stadium will be the loudest when Mallard Creek has their hands on the ball. These fans are not playing and will not allow Mallard Creek to hear any play calling............expect Mallard Creek to have Foam Poster Boards for play calling

GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7LiKLZq.jpg

Last edited:
MR.swett2victory did u say Scouts like n talent. PLEASE PLEASE make sure u guide them over where we r n da stands. WE will show them how da LIFE STYLE of D RICH and FAMOUS ROLL and CHILL and HAVE things THAT OTHER PEOPLE WANTS BUT CAN'T AFFORD,

Ima thanking use ah-talking bouts these folks......
They bees playing too many trickery stuff. What wus ready ah-hatning during this time of thu day?
They looks as if they wur having a Pow Wow

I aint seen no BIG BOYS in this presentation sir....

and again....................NO BIG BOYS
Wus that Mi Futbol Amigo who kicked the ball?

Oh wait.....................thers them Big Boys

Last edited:
Waynesville and Canton NC, bout 30 minutes west of Asheville.

http://greatamericanrivalry.com/media-release-tuscola-nc-vs-pisgah-nc/

These two teams even play an alumni game that fills the stands in the summer, check out some of these hits from the old timers :)

GOOD GRIEF
Are you sure this isnt Texas.....????????............How come the players get to FREAK DANCE in the end zone..........thats not against the Mountain High School Association Rules?

Whuts yall feeding thum boys?...........................They is some biggens

Now I am married to my J-LO, But I thought I noticed abunch-ah Brittney Spears on the stands sir...........................The yellow har caught my eyes

Last edited:
SV2, just so you know. I've allowed you to hijack this game with you childish banter and idiotic comments. You have never and will never be considered a Scotland fan. Plain and simple you will not be allowed in the brotherhood. The clock strikes midnight for you tonight Cinderella.

Reactions: swett2victory
SV2, just so you know. I've allowed you to hijack this game with you childish banter and idiotic comments. You have never and will never be considered a Scotland fan. Plain and simple you will not be allowed in the brotherhood. The clock strikes midnight for you tonight Cinderella.
Go_Scots
I wus disturbed with these pitchtures.....did you sanitize your hands? Is this facility score GRADE A 100% or GRADE B 85%

You just have my food ready.............................I'll be ready to chow down

13339243644_b3f227faa9_k.jpg

20246152_1760189277329693_6260123156106399659_n.jpg

Last edited:
Go_Scots
I wus disturbed with these pitchtures.....did you sanitize your hands? Is this facility score GRADE A 100% or GRADE B 85%

You just have my food ready.............................I'll be ready to chow down

13339243644_b3f227faa9_k.jpg

20246152_1760189277329693_6260123156106399659_n.jpg

I would not care if he washed his hands with that spread. Dang that's making me hungry.

Hey nepsy Imma b jus as obnoxious as some of these SC homers, 5 page threads ridiculous pics n vids lol. U guys need 2 got out the sticks into civilization for a while, good luck anyways. Whites a great talent but y'all putting 2 much pressure on this kid 2 perform. Hope it's a good game none the less

That's the thing any real scotland homer knows that we have way more than just zamir but I guess the rest of you will find that out tonight

Still early but u can't give a good team chances like that, plus hard 2 consistently run playing from behind

Another year SC overrated, usually its shows at years end but only because MC needed a game this year it bears now

I wouldn't say they are overrated (MC, believe it or not, is kind of hard to beat), but there are a couple of glaring weaknesses for Scotland that never seem to be addressed year after year for whatever reason, and when you play MC, you also can't let prime opportunities slip by.

It was still a heck of an effort on Scotland's part. They are going to be a handful this year.

I wouldn't say they are overrated (MC, believe it or not, is kind of hard to beat), but there are a couple of glaring weaknesses for Scotland that never seem to be addressed year after year for whatever reason, and when you play MC, you also can't let prime opportunities slip by.

It was still a heck of an effort on Scotland's part. They are going to be a handful this year.
They better hope 34 doesn't get hurt. He's their ONLY offenss.

McQueen put up equal numbers as White did last year when White was hurt, so they do have a capable backup.

The passing game, however, and pass defense both need some work for Scotland to make a deep December run. I think they'll cruise thru the regular season.

Overrated?? 28-21 Final score take away a few mistakes (fumble on the 1 yard line. interception that gives mallard creek the ball in great field position etc ...) and the scots probably win this game but no excuses this way hats off to mallard creek they are a really good team

Truthfully I think MC took their foot off the gas n the 2nd half. Almost gave it up, still should of passed the ball

MC play calling went very conservative after break, and some MC inexperience also showed up. They still put more points up than I thought they would in week 1.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
White had 12 touches for 305 total yards.

Yikes...the best player in the nation only had 12 touches?

Also, Scots radio homers said the ceiling is the limit for Scotland while MC didn't have any room to get better. Ummm...idiots....Mallard Creek just played the game with 17 new starters while Scotland returned 17 starters. Wake up, homers.

This Mallard Creek team is going to be a seriously tough out in November...and will return nearly everyone when they play Scotland's 17 new starters next season in Charlotte. Keep thinking MC can't get better. The truth is they're green as grass right now and still beat the #2 team in the state on their own field 1st time out.

Overrated?? 28-21 Final score take away a few mistakes (fumble on the 1 yard line. interception that gives mallard creek the ball in great field position etc ...) and the scots probably win this game but no excuses this way hats off to mallard creek they are a really good team
Not overrated but definitely has major weaknesses, 34 had 300+ total yards. I know McQueen is good but he's nowhere n the same galaxy as white. Unless u guys open up the offense more a good team and we all know every team in the playoffs is good will expose it. No comment on that passing defense. Very good team tho.

White had 12 touches for 305 total yards.

Yikes...the best player in the nation only had 12 touches?

Also, Scots radio homers said the ceiling is the limit for Scotland while MC didn't have any room to get better. Ummm...idiots....Mallard Creek just played the game with 17 new starters while Scotland returned 17 starters. Wake up, homers.
As delusional as the fans. They better pray 34 doesn't get hurt

MC play calling went very conservative after break, and some MC inexperience also showed up. They still put more points up than I thought they would in week 1.
Glad we play them early, hope they still have rust. They are gonna b scary good late and in the playoffs

Vance probably goes small 4A this year. *sigh* Can't say the same thing for Butler.

Scotland passing defense needs alot of work. The game necer should had been close. MC next time go with the dominant performance all 4 quarters not just 2. Felt like MC could had done more. White made me a believer. Kid is special. Got to come up with a better offensive game play, Scotland run a very vanilla offense. Great atmosphere

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Playing Scotland worries me because 34 going beast mode with anytime he touches the ball. Jus wanna take each game at a time. Gotta new qb with new defensive scheme. #12, #27, #21 Not gonna b on that field Saturday let's see what we got to work with, cause were in the same boat as mc and butler

As delusional as the fans. They better pray 34 doesn't get hurt

704, did you read what hokiemtc said earlier?
"McQueen put up equal numbers as White did last year when White was hurt, so they do have a capable backup"

This kid is good and already has D1 offers ... He was the conference player of the year last year

704, did you read what hokiemtc said earlier?
"McQueen put up equal numbers as White did last year when White was hurt, so they do have a capable backup"

This kid is good and already has D1 offers ... He was the conference player of the year last year
I heard that but we all see on the field, there's night n day difference between both. A kid like white comes every 10-20 yrs. McQueen is not a slouch but white is that nice

Reactions: Champ_24
Over-rated? The team is not overrated. Some of the fans are just too arrogant. They already had this game won. They already have the trophy. You'd think they learn from past 5 years. You have to play the game on the field first. I know I'll hear it but this is probably the best thing coulda happened...learn from it...don't get so all fired up about it. You might beat Richmond, but then what? Like I said you didn't lose anythi g tonight. Got your pride hurt. This game is over...gone...the end.

MC is gonna look at game film and be like we should had won 35-7.

Seriously Scotland OC and db coach. You got to do better. Again White is as good as advertised

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT