ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County hosts The New Bern Bears (round 1)

You word it well Go_Scots
I told everyone that ofcourse I would not make this Scottie game because I would be with the Tornadoes. I LIED

I forgot I will be in the mountains with the fam. Pigeon Forge....believe it or not we have never attempted to take the ride but it will be very fun.
Pigeon Forge is a very nice place. Maybe you should look at buying a house and living there permantly. I know for a fact that there are a few taco stands there and fried plantains so you should feel at home there.

Reactions: swett2victory
Sounds like there might be some pressure on the Bears next year to right the ship of a once proud program. With your 3 ring head coach back and a team of experienced players returning from a 5-6 playoff team returning, I'm sure the expectations will be high in New Bern. You have do have one advantage that some teams in the state doesn't have. Your offseason started this morning.

Coach Curlings and the program have gone through rebuilding years after every State Championship, the last two years being no different. Pressure on a coach or school with 3 rings in 9 years? Doubtful. But the expectations are always high when you win a title every 3 years :)

Pigeon Forge is a very nice place. Maybe you should look at buying a house and living there permantly. I know for a fact that there are a few taco stands there and fried plantains so you should feel at home there.
Lol
No Go Go I get enough taco life here, plus its too cold in them mountains for Pedro.

Sounds like there might be some pressure on the Bears next year to right the ship of a once proud program. With your 3 ring head coach back and a team of experienced players returning from a 5-6 playoff team returning, I'm sure the expectations will be high in New Bern. You have do have one advantage that some teams in the state doesn't have. Your offseason started this morning.

lol...You pounded the Bears but the fact remains that you too will have adequate time to prepare for next year. Your team is pretty good but my money says they don't get out of the east. The teams you fielded in 2011 and 2013 were on a different level and even then you only closed the deal once. NB has won a state title after each of the whoopins you laid on the Bears. They will be just fine next year. Good luck, you're going to need it.

No pressure to improve on a 5-6 season? Has mediocrity been excepted in New Bern?

No pressure when you trust your coaches. Every player that Coach Curlings has coached since he came to New Bern has a State Championship ring. Played a lot of first year players this year, looking forward to them being coached by a healthy Coach Curlings.

There is something about "three rings" and "bears" that remember a circus. And they is a few clowns from the NewBern on here as well. Maybe they ought of change theirs name to the "New Bern Clowns" and perform in they three ring circus.

There is something about "three rings" and "bears" that remember a circus. And they is a few clowns from the NewBern on here as well. Maybe they ought of change theirs name to the "New Bern Clowns" and perform in they three ring circus.

Daddy said he'd rather have three than one. That's what daddy said.

We will just stick to performing in the title game. Thanks!

This game is over, it was a your typical 1 seed first round beat down over a far inferior team .
Time to move onto round 2 and SER.

Definitely a neat little town. I have a client there and make the trip once a month or so.

lol...You pounded the Bears but the fact remains that you too will have adequate time to prepare for next year. Your team is pretty good but my money says they don't get out of the east. The teams you fielded in 2011 and 2013 were on a different level and even then you only closed the deal once. NB has won a state title after each of the whoopins you laid on the Bears. They will be just fine next year. Good luck, you're going to need it.
Sorry but you are wrong about 2013 offensively they were but they were not close to this team when it comes to defense. We know you guys want us to loose. We get it but lets be real you guys are a long way from winning anything with that line play you have. There better be some significant improvement and I mean significant. The footwork is very poor. The skill folks are pretty good but there was no Mike Hughes out there last night and it want be in 3 years based on what I saw. Now back to us we will be in every game I don't care who we play in NC and while last night we looked ok on offense we have gotten better each week and I expect we will this week. This team is so similar to Dudley's team that beat us in 2013 its not even funny. I think that gives us a chance. Look at Catholic last year. Great D with an offense that scores enough. If you give us 21 it will be very tough on any team.

Sorry but you are wrong about 2013 offensively they were but they were not close to this team when it comes to defense. We know you guys want us to loose. We get it but lets be real you guys are a long way from winning anything with that line play you have. There better be some significant improvement and I mean significant. The footwork is very poor. The skill folks are pretty good but there was no Mike Hughes out there last night and it want be in 3 years based on what I saw. Now back to us we will be in every game I don't care who we play in NC and while last night we looked ok on offense we have gotten better each week and I expect we will this week. This team is so similar to Dudley's team that beat us in 2013 its not even funny. I think that gives us a chance. Look at Catholic last year. Great D with an offense that scores enough. If you give us 21 it will be very tough on any team.

Just firing back at go_douche jmac. I actually want you guys to win out believe it or not. We definitely have a lot of work to do. Been a tough year for NB football, but the sun did come up this morning. NB will be much, much better next year. They have a good group of juniors that can step up and lead. Like I posted man, I have no problem getting smashed by the Scots because the first 2 times they bounced back and got the ring. Who would have thought a team that had 61 hung on them the previous year could do that. And even 47 I think in 2013. It's all good.

Definitely a neat little town. I have a client there and make the trip once a month or so.
We shoulda met lastnight but Go_Scots was so rude. He kept telling me to stay with him on the bleachers. Plus he didnt have time to visit no one. Talking about "I am here for one purpose and one purpose only and that is to watch football". Cus Please.......... :)

Next time

Thank you LTB! We have discussed a high school football game all week and after your team loses you have to call me names? Thank you Mr Tough Gut. You have officially hurt my internet feelings.

Reactions: lovethembears
"I just ask folks to be civil on here.....remember every player that you make a post about is someone's child. Also, coaches spend timeless hours trying to teach our student-athletes important life lessons. This site is here promote positive news and information about NC high school sports."

/// Signed ///
- Deanna King

Reactions: lovethembears
"I just ask folks to be civil on here.....remember every player that you make a post about is someone's child. Also, coaches spend timeless hours trying to teach our student-athletes important life lessons. This site is here promote positive news and information about NC high school sports."

/// Signed ///
- Deanna King
I neither posted about a child nor coach. There should be a rule for stupid posts that have nothing at all to do with football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT