ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County hosts The New Bern Bears (round 1)

Warmups underway, NB APPEARS to be here on time this year
30 field house side, , near some dude with a canera set up, blk cap blue S

Was thinking the biggest threats to Scots in east were Hillside Cape Fear & maybe Gibbons. Don't have to worry about Hillside as Hoggard just beat them 38-34

Rose lost to New Bern didn't they.
Hard to respect them seeing what I saw tonight

Rose is hot and cold. Lost to New Bern but almost beat Havelock. New Bern isn't bad, young at online and secondary, will be pretty good if we can open up the playbook and get creative.

Me and Daddy just get home from game. We got that bear laying in the back of the pickup truck. Daddy said we is going to skin it and look at tomorrow, but he thinks it be too beat up and bruzed to be used for good meat. Bruzed bear meat aint even good for sausage. We might just grind it up and feed it to the hogs. That way we can get some good sausage. That bear was a lot smaller than we was a hopeing for. Daddy said it was more like a cub than a grown up bear.

Maybe not bad but a looooong looong way from the upper tear
in 4a football.

Can't be in the upper tier every year. Coach Curlings comes back healthy next year and we've got some good kids coming back, looking forward to it. Interim HC and OC and an inexperienced team, think we did pretty well all things considering

I telled my daddy bout that guy which keeps posting that them Bears had won three state champs in the last 5 or 6 years. Daddy ask me to ask him how many state champs he thought they would win this here year.

I telled my daddy bout that guy which keeps posting that them Bears had won three state champs in the last 5 or 6 years. Daddy ask me to ask him how many state champs he thought they would win this here year.

Same amount that SC has won the past 4 years. Daddy goin get mad.

48-7 and the beat goes on - next up SE Raleigh was looking forward to 71st but they got sent packing

The morning after and this game played out as many thought it would. All of the pressure was on the Scots and they responded fairly well. I personally thought the score would have been a little more lopsided. I can't believe it took Scotland 5:34 minutes to score their first touchdown. I thought they came out a little flat.

Reactions: swett2victory
The morning after and this game played out as many thought it would. All of the pressure was on the Scots and they responded fairly well. I personally thought the score would have been a little more lopsided. I can't believe it took Scotland 5:34 minutes to score their first touchdown. I thought they came out a little flat.
The Bears started pretty tuff based on said essay in the box. I thought it would have turned into a closer game. The best part about this thought was that ol S2V called it 48-12 the whole time

and the score ended to be what?:::: 47-8

hut hut hut hut

Yea a little shocked it took them 10 plays to score at home against a 5-5 team. More pressure this week as they face the very talented SER.

Pressure doesn't bother the Scots. When you are "the hunted" year in and year out, it comes with the territory. I'm somewhat surprised to see you on a football forum this morning. I thought you would have been at basketball practice.

Pressure doesn't bother the Scots. When you are "the hunted" year in and year out, it comes with the territory. I'm somewhat surprised to see you on a football forum this morning. I thought you would have been at basketball practice.

Pressure has been on them since their lone title 4 years ago. You must not know me very well, we're here all year around. Supporting our school, conference and local schools.

glad to cross paths with you last night S2V.
May the scots keep it going.
Maybe see ya next year 1st or second round New Bern.
My plan was to meet Reunite with Go_Scot: ATTEMPT WAS A SUCCESS
Other plan was to meet Scotwin: ATTEMPT WAS A SUCCESS
and my final one was to meet Lord LTB: No Show--------YOU'RE FIRED

I'm just glad that Scotland is still alive in the playoffs and continues to have that pressure on them that you are convinced they have. Maybe SE Raleigh will be a little more of a challenge next week than you guys were. Playoffs games should be exciting for the fans not 40 points blowouts. Good luck to your Bears now that basketball season is upon you guys. I honestly hope to see you guys down here next year in the fourth round, if you guys make it that far. Scotland will be absolutely loaded next year. Btw you have a personal invitation from me if you want to see some high school football next Friday night. We always start tailgating early on the day after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: swett2victory
I'm just glad that Scotland is still alive in the playoffs and continues to have that pressure on them that you are convinced they have. Maybe SE Raleigh will be a little more of a challenge next week than you guys were. Playoffs games should be exciting for the fans not 40 points blowouts. Good luck to your Bears now that basketball season is upon you guys. I honestly hope to see you guys down here next year in the fourth round, if you guys make it that far. Scotland will be absolutely loaded next year. Btw you have a personal invitation from me if you want to see some high school football next Friday night. We always start tailgating early on the day after Thanksgiving.

Top 5 in the state the last few years, high level of fan support, no pressure. Tough year for our boys, coach with 3 rings had a very major health issue and had to have surgery that kept him off the sidelines and the OC got let go weeks before the season, those transactions hurt. Mix that in with a very inexperienced group but they fought hard all year, love those guys.

Thanks for the invitation but the wife and I have season tickets to UNC and they play State that Friday. Maybe the week after, though.

You word it well Go_Scots
I told everyone that ofcourse I would not make this Scottie game because I would be with the Tornadoes. I LIED

I forgot I will be in the mountains with the fam. Pigeon Forge....believe it or not we have never attempted to take the ride but it will be very fun.

Sounds like there might be some pressure on the Bears next year to right the ship of a once proud program. With your 3 ring head coach back and a team of experienced players returning from a 5-6 playoff team returning, I'm sure the expectations will be high in New Bern. You have do have one advantage that some teams in the state doesn't have. Your offseason started this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT