ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County hosts The New Bern Bears (round 1)

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Lets give this game its own thread. The Bears have lost a few this year but
a premium effort is expected here in Laurinburg next Friday night. Tell us
about them Bears this year, things to look for, players. Scotland no real secrets
here will run it about 80% or more of the time with a twin headed monster, White
and Mcqueen. Cheat up to stop that then we are good for a deep 1 or 2 a game.
Its a looooong 3.5 hr trip, safe travels both ways.

NB will load the box and dare you to pass. Lot's of speed in our secondary..good corners. Mike Hughes' cousin is our qb now(freshman) had 260+ yards rushing against Rose. Our D of late has been solid against the run and the pass. This Bears team has come a long way since the first part of the season and they now know how to win. They are a young team that lost their coach, have a new OC, and it was a struggle against some really good teams early. The Conley game was an anomaly imo. They seemed flat and should have won that one as they had the lead in the 3rd q but that game taught them a lot. Look out for 4, 10, 24, 1,13...ballers.

With all that being said the Pate is a very tough place to play and if they can't establish a passing game early to open up the run it will be "good night Irene." Our O line will be tested against your front 7 like nothing they have experienced this year. They have to play well in this game. If they do and the stars align who knows. This is a tough as hell team that has been through a lot this year and nothing would surprise me. They have a lot of confidence right now. I personally am not looking forward to that brutal drive but I'm excited to watch this game. Win or lose, it will be a positive experience for these kids.

Go Bears!

Last edited:
Reactions: FierceScot
I'm excited for this matchup, New Bern has became sort of a playoff rival over the last 5 years. I know the Bears are 5-5 but I expect to see them throwing "haymakers" and "uppercuts" all game, may the best team be victorious!!! Also safe travels to the New Bern guys, that's a long tiring ride back that late at night.

Hate to see anybody have to drive 3 to 4 hours for a game. Why dont we just meet in Clinton or Whiteville and play. Fair is fair. Besides we seem to play better when we travel, just ask a Raider.

CT147.....ITS TIME TO CHIME IN AND LET THEM SKIRT WEARERS KNOW WHO IS BOSS. NEW BERN HAS PROMISED TO CLOSE THEIR EYES WHEN THEY TACKLE THE SCOTS SO THEY DONT ACCIDENTALLY LOOK UP THEIR SKIRTS. IF YOU THINK BEING TACKLED BY YOUR DREADS HURT.....IMAGINE BEING TACKLED BY YOUR......WELL.....ANYWAY........CT WHERE ARE YOU? TIME TO BRING DA HEAT!!!!

CT62-28 wants absolutely none of this. He knows all to well the pain and agony that awaits his beloved bears.

NB will load the box and dare you to pass. Lot's of speed in our secondary..good corners. Mike Hughes' cousin is our qb now(freshman) had 260+ yards rushing against Rose. Our D of late has been solid against the run and the pass. This Bears team has come a long way since the first part of the season and they now know how to win. They are a young team that lost their coach, have a new OC, and it was a struggle against some really good teams early. The Conley game was an anomaly imo. They seemed flat and should have won that one as they had the lead in the 3rd q but that game taught them a lot. Look out for 4, 10, 24, 1,13...ballers.

With all that being said the Pate is a very tough place to play and if they can't establish a passing game early to open up the run it will be "good night Irene." Our O line will be tested against your front 7 like nothing they have experienced this year. They have to play well in this game. If they do and the stars align who knows. This is a tough as hell team that has been through a lot this year and nothing would surprise me. They have a lot of confidence right now. I personally am not looking forward to that brutal drive but I'm excited to watch this game. Win or lose, it will be a positive experience for these kids.

Go Bears!
excuse 1 excuse 2 excuse 3 no coach no fan support, and da BIG 1 da driver of d bus QUIT, but let's hear 4 da bears go bears 2007 2012 and 2014 past state champs.

Any threats much on the offensive side of the ball from
The Bears, good running back, what do the Scots need
to worry about if anything. You are coming off a good win
of Rose.
I hope Scotland can make some inroads with their run attack
verse than vaunted Bear defense. How do you think that's going to go?

Any threats much on the offensive side of the ball from
The Bears, good running back, what do the Scots need
to worry about if anything. You are coming off a good win
of Rose.
I hope Scotland can make some inroads with their run attack
verse than vaunted Bear defense. How do you think that's going to go?

Breaking in a Freshman QB who had over 260 rushing yards and a couple of scores last week. I'd like to break open the passing game more but haven't done it yet. This isn't your typical NB team with explosive players but we'll see what happens.

excuse 1 excuse 2 excuse 3 no coach no fan support, and da BIG 1 da driver of d bus QUIT, but let's hear 4 da bears go bears 2007 2012 and 2014 past state champs.

Looking forward to YOUR excuses (y'all have had plenty in the past) if you just so happen to lose hsfb/ruleman. What in the world will you say then. Keep posting. I love it! I would rather be the team that has three recent rings from the past than the team that has one and keeps having to say we should have won it but it rained. We should have won it but so in so was injured and Hoggard beat us etc...Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Yall HAVE to win it all this year or you will be drug throughout the NC hs football world. We don't.
Go Bears!
#FEARTHEBEARS

Breaking in a Freshman QB who had over 260 rushing yards and a couple of scores last week. I'd like to break open the passing game more but haven't done it yet. This isn't your typical NB team with explosive players but we'll see what happens.
I'm not quite sure that I would be real excited about starting a freshman qb in the playoffs at Pate Stadium against quite possibly that best front 7 that Scotland has ever had. Friday night can not get here fast enough.

I'm not quite sure that I would be real excited about starting a freshman qb in the playoffs at Pate Stadium against quite possibly that best front 7 that Scotland has ever had. Friday night can not get here fast enough.

Don't know where I said I was excited. Not excited about playing the season without our HC with 3 rings as well. This will be valuable playing experience for him and the youngsters which will help them moving forward.

Our soon to be star freshman qb was where he needed to be this year getting snaps on the jv team and will be making himself known next year as a sophomore. This years squad
is loaded with juniors and will most definitely be better next
year.

Our soon to be star freshman qb was where he needed to be this year getting snaps on the jv team and will be making himself known next year as a sophomore. This years squad
is loaded with juniors and will most definitely be better next
year.
With only 57 on our roster this year, he's right where he needs to be. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. So is this year your year, next year your year, or both?

hey ct147 let's hear your excuse about da bears but let me say GO BEARS 2007 2012 AND 2014 past state champs give me my ring da water boy.

CT147
You are one of my best buddy, I would take you to war with me, I would jump in front of a train Fo-yah, but the fact of the matter is that Go_Scots has this thread under control, plus-he will have his best kilt, plus- the Scotties have a Hoola-Hoop on the right side, plus- they are smoking programs and plus- second:hand smoking their fans. It was proven against Richie Rich - Their lungs were full of it.

Make no mistake, Scotties always find a way to show off in the first 45sec.

48-12 Scotties

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS (AGAIN) 35-30
Red Zone calling it the game of the year. 7 lead changes

crazy last 2 minutes, 3 lead changes dallas,steelers, dallas
4th Quarter - 1:55
TD Steelers 24 - Cowboys 29
Ezekiel Elliott 14 yd. run (pass failed)
4th Quarter - 0:42
TD Steelers 30 - Cowboys 29
Antonio Brown 15 yd. pass from Ben Roethlisberger (pass failed)
4th Quarter - 0:09
TD Steelers 30 - Cowboys 35
Ezekiel Elliott 32 yd. run (pass failed)

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS (AGAIN) 35-30
Red Zone calling it the game of the year. 7 lead changes

crazy last 2 minutes, 3 lead changes dallas,steelers, dallas
4th Quarter - 1:55
TD Steelers 24 - Cowboys 29
Ezekiel Elliott 14 yd. run (pass failed)
4th Quarter - 0:42
TD Steelers 30 - Cowboys 29
Antonio Brown 15 yd. pass from Ben Roethlisberger (pass failed)
4th Quarter - 0:09
TD Steelers 30 - Cowboys 35
Ezekiel Elliott 32 yd. run (pass failed)
THE ROOKIE GENERATION AT THEIR BEST

GOOD MORNING TO ALL HOPE THINGS ARE FINE WHEREEVER YOU ARE AT. TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN SC HOPE THINGS ARE GREAT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. WE MIGHT AS WELL RIDE BACK HOME WITH A SMILE ON OUR FACES. NOW AS FOR SR GO SCOTS . I LIKE HIS STYLE.THAT OTHER FELLA S2V HE A TRAITOR, BANDWAGONER. SWITCH A TEAM. OLE CT HAS THE REAL DEAL RETIRED MY A. THEY KICKED HIS A OUT. ANY BODY SEEN HIM HE IS UNDER HOUSE ARREST . HE IS SUSPECTED OF BEING A TRAITOR ALONG WITH THOSE NB TRAITORS.BEATUT AND HIS HOMMIES .IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OLE CT AND LORD LTB.ANSWER BACK THE TRADERIOUS 3.

GOOD MORNING TO ALL HOPE THINGS ARE FINE WHEREEVER YOU ARE AT. TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN SC HOPE THINGS ARE GREAT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. WE MIGHT AS WELL RIDE BACK HOME WITH A SMILE ON OUR FACES. NOW AS FOR SR GO SCOTS . I LIKE HIS STYLE.THAT OTHER FELLA S2V HE A TRAITOR, BANDWAGONER. SWITCH A TEAM. OLE CT HAS THE REAL DEAL RETIRED MY A. THEY KICKED HIS A OUT. ANY BODY SEEN HIM HE IS UNDER HOUSE ARREST . HE IS SUSPECTED OF BEING A TRAITOR ALONG WITH THOSE NB TRAITORS.BEATUT AND HIS HOMMIES .IF YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OLE CT AND LORD LTB.ANSWER BACK THE TRADERIOUS 3.
CT
I Like you and Lord LTB, but the Scotties have more Dubs then www.com sites

G,OOD MORNING NBNs

I never imagined that the day would come when someone would call that clown smart.
Lol
Yoooooooooooooooooo

Make no mistake, moma always told me to gotta school, make good grades, and get Yo Ass a great J.O.B

I Love this guy. He gets my day going. CT, good-ol GOGO is not gonna let anyone mess with this thread. It is all his. Not even S2V can crack the code......well sort of. GOGO is just a tad disappointed because Jim'Bo and Shadrack who are one of my besties, stole his sitting area on the corner of the track during the Scotties vs Richie Rich embarrassing game

By the way, the GO SCOTS Movement started in 2011 and they have not stopped winning since. Great piece of history

Last edited:
Don't know where I said I was excited. Not excited about playing the season without our HC with 3 rings as well. This will be valuable playing experience for him and the youngsters which will help them moving forward.
that's what make da crew and i. and da rest of fans r talking about.Greenville Rose, 4 straight, the BIG I won 7 , Robbinsville 5 and Mallard Creek 3 and don't say it like DA BEARS SAY IT, 3 TIMES 3 TIMES 3 TIMES get over it,, no more rings ago bears 20007 2012 and 2014 past state champs

I give NB credit for what they have overcome this season. The Bears always play hard but have struggled putting it all together. Maybe they have found something special at QB, we will see Friday because this is a nasty SC defense. Their front 7 will be a great test for the young QB and the NB offense. I don't see NB pulling the upset unless SC offense is struggling and it's a low scoring game.

I give NB credit for what they have overcome this season. The Bears always play hard but have struggled putting it all together. Maybe they have found something special at QB, we will see Friday because this is a nasty SC defense. Their front 7 will be a great test for the young QB and the NB offense. I don't see NB pulling the upset unless SC offense is struggling and it's a low scoring game.
U said a key word (nasty) - to the point they are borderline and I love it. They play through the echo of the whistle.

YOU NEED WHO YOU SEE WHO,S IN YOUR HOUSE. ME this message approved my CT TO PEAPOT FROM CRYOVER COUNTY

Last edited:

Will be a very valuable learning experience for the young Bears.

Heh peapot where do you keep the good stuff . they have not made black label since . the70,s Ain,t no need in comming home ct got your girl and gone. .Other than that have anice day WE gonna stop at a local tatoo place and put ole ct,s mark.right on the forehead for the world to see.

Looking forward to YOUR excuses (y'all have had plenty in the past) if you just so happen to lose hsfb/ruleman. What in the world will you say then. Keep posting. I love it! I would rather be the team that has three recent rings from the past than the team that has one and keeps having to say we should have won it but it rained. We should have won it but so in so was injured and Hoggard beat us etc...Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Yall HAVE to win it all this year or you will be drug throughout the NC hs football world. We don't.
Go Bears!
#FEARTHEBEARS
do you remember winn dixie when they those greyhounds racing they would give you a ticket with your number for the winnig ticket. your horse would lead from the beggining lose at the end sound familar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT