ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland County 40 @ West Meck 27

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
Scotland travels to Charlotte to take on an undefeated West Meck team.
Scotland with a rain out week 3 and a bye week in week 4 hasn't played
in it seems like forever. Charlotte folks give us the low down on WM. We all
know what Scotland brings to the table provided it is used. Saw some
positive signs in that direction in the 2nd half verse Hillside when in trouble
a couple weeks back. Thoughts!!!!

If your secondary isn't strong, it will be a long night. West Meck will throw the ball all over the field, and throw it some more. Their defense can be scored on. May be a shootout.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Plan on being there one of my best friends is a West Meck grad so we re going to go to the game then hang out on Lake Wylie and smoke a cigar or 2. Should be a good one.

1st game of the season they look pretty impressive against Vance. Really mixed it up on offense. Vance was considered one of the top teams in Charlotte at the beginning of the season. They have been inconsistent since. WM has a nice group of receivers. Their starting QB was injured, not sure when he will return. They had some problems stopping the run. A few of the long runs by Vance. Zamir would have taken to the house. WM is very well coached. I heard the Scots have cleaned up some things in the secondary and become much more aggressive on the DL. There is nothing that can prepare you for White. The more touches he gets, the harder it gets to beat them.

This should be a good one.

It's hard to rank this team. Vance is the only team they've played with a winning record. Hopefully with 2 weeks off the scots had time to work with the secondary. On too many passes they run with the receiver without trying to locate the ball. Both of West Mecks qb's are mobile like Hillsides QB so I looking for the scots to apply the same pressure. Looking for a Scotland victory but it is gonna have to be earned.

Well look if you want the REAL here it goes. Only 1 Brown brother has played this season. The fastest brother returns for WM Friday, #1 kafaree Brown will be the X factor. WM will have there hands full trying to tackle White. But when they go 5 wide Scots will be in a bad place. Scots #11 CB with no back pedal will get exposed quickly. WM has 3 D1 WR's on this team. They'll find your weak link quickly. Might be 100 points scored between the 2.

Reactions: shaunsschevy
RBM,
WM hasnt played anyone.......well, maybe Vance, SC is the first real game BRUH. But continue.....
lbYSZLl.jpg

West Meck's opponents have a combined record of 5 wins and 9 losses. One team(Garinger) just had their first touchdown of the season last Friday against a science and technology school. This team looks good on paper but they have played soft teams and will be tested when they play the scots. Yeah Scotland is 1 and 1 but look at the opponents, high tempo ranked team.

West Meck's opponents have a combined record of 5 wins and 9 losses. One team(Garinger) just had their first touchdown of the season last Friday against a science and technology school. This team looks good on paper but they have played soft teams and will be tested when they play the scots. Yeah Scotland is 1 and 1 but look at the opponents, high tempo ranked team.
Well you can judge that paper. But your DB'S will judge that speed of the Wr's. WM's air attack vs. Scots run game. We'll be throwing bombs "all night long". While Lionel Richie plays over the loud speaker.

I'm stating facts. You are making predictions. Hillside thought they would attack the DB's. Not the result they were looking for. 10 sacks, several hurries and a loss.

I'm stating facts. You are making predictions. Hillside thought they would attack the DB's. Not the result they were looking for. 10 sacks, several hurries and a loss.
I'm stating facts, Hillside didnt have 3 D-1 WR's either. WM can turn a quick out into a 80yd gain. Pick your poison are you playing 10 yds off or walking down. Either way your beat.

Here are the facts. Hillside may be the most overrated team in NC. Havent beaten a good team in years. They have one win over a well below avg new bern team. They couldnt beat Pinecrest and they gave up 10 sacks to you guys and you guys had one the week prior.

I dont know who wins this game. Alot depends on how much Scotland has improved from Week one. Zamir is unreal, the rest of the squad was pretty avg especially a defense I would have thought would have been pretty stout bringing back 8 starters. Now....its possible that has improved but the tackling was pretty poor.

West Meck is well coached with some off the chart athletes. They dont have Mallard Creek size or depth but they tackle well and play with a chip on their shoulder. Oline is MUCH better than Hillside. I think this could be a shoot out type of game.

Here are the facts. Hillside may be the most overrated team in NC. Havent beaten a good team in years. They have one win over a well below avg new bern team. They couldnt beat Pinecrest and they gave up 10 sacks to you guys and you guys had one the week prior.

I dont know who wins this game. Alot depends on how much Scotland has improved from Week one. Zamir is unreal, the rest of the squad was pretty avg especially a defense I would have thought would have been pretty stout bringing back 8 starters. Now....its possible that has improved but the tackling was pretty poor.

West Meck is well coached with some off the chart athletes. They dont have Mallard Creek size or depth but they tackle well and play with a chip on their shoulder. Oline is MUCH better than Hillside. I think this could be a shoot out type of game.
A shootout your right, but the catch is. They have a paintball gun, we have army issued artillery. If beating Hillside is your claim to fame. Hoist that trophy high, you deserve it. Scots came into the season saying greatest team ever. Well come Friday night it's showtime. Will you take 2 Mecklenburg L's. Im say it'll be a long trip back down 74. Be alot of talk Saturday night at your local cook-out and Wal-Mart parking lots.

Not worried about an L. I stand by my team and know they will prevail. Good luck to your team after their upcoming loss.

A shootout your right, but the catch is. They have a paintball gun, we have army issued artillery. If beating Hillside is your claim to fame. Hoist that trophy high, you deserve it. Scots came into the season saying greatest team ever. Well come Friday night it's showtime. Will you take 2 Mecklenburg L's. Im say it'll be a long trip back down 74. Be alot of talk Saturday night at your local cook-out and Wal-Mart parking lots.

Lol...little more than a paint gun. Zamir will run wild if Bailey lets him but I think if WM QB gets some time that is problematic as well.

They had some problems stopping the run. A few of the long runs by Vance. Zamir would have taken to the house. WM is very well coached. I heard the Scots have cleaned up some things in the secondary and become much more aggressive on the DL. There is nothing that can prepare you for White. The more touches he gets, the harder it gets to beat them.

This should be a good one.

Amen
Pound it with both the backs, a pass here and there
to keep them somewhat honest. The last thing I want to see to start the game is Scotland with the ball and
first play White lined up directly behind the tight
end, then that tells us he isn't a threat on the play or a viable decoy imo, followed by an incomplete pass,then qb run.. Getting off work mid afternoon, my 2nd trip
to West Meck, Scotland won a playoff game there
many years ago. The planes flying overhead if I recall.

Ball control will be key to the game. Keep the ball out of the offenses hands. Either way it's gonna be a good one.

Scotland's offense in not a ball control offense. That will not be the game play for Friday night. Our secondary will get torched. I will continue to scratch my head at some of the play calling. It will be a shootout. 75+ total points will be scored.

8 starters not sure where you got that from 4 linebackers, 1 end and 1 safety. But they did play poorly especially the linebackers. One of those starters at linebacker is not even a starter this year but SC is going to get the ball chunked on them until they learn to play the ball and understand game situations. Not sure what Bailey is planning this week but I would go to 3 lineman with smith #33 playing nose and the 30 & 41 at the ends I would have #2,#3 and #35 at linebackers and play cover 2 the entire game so WM can't take the top off. One on one on the outside will be a huge mistake. I don't think WM will run the ball and those 3 upfront can bring enough pressure. Offensively if #34 doesn't run the ball 25 times I will start to believe that K. Smart and Bailey have something going on - LOL!.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
8 starters not sure where you got that from 4 linebackers, 1 end and 1 safety. But they did play poorly especially the linebackers. One of those starters at linebacker is not even a starter this year but SC is going to get the ball chunked on them until they learn to play the ball and understand game situations. Not sure what Bailey is planning this week but I would go to 3 lineman with smith #33 playing nose and the 30 & 41 at the ends I would have #2,#3 and #35 at linebackers and play cover 2 the entire game so WM can't take the top off. One on one on the outside will be a huge mistake. I don't think WM will run the ball and those 3 upfront can bring enough pressure. Offensively if #34 doesn't run the ball 25 times I will start to believe that K. Smart and Bailey have something going on - LOL!.
Cover 2?? Man please play cover 2 LMAO. Are you trying to give us the game. Go ahead and have your DB'S cover the flats. While WM go all verts, make safeties look foolish.

Cover 2?? Man please play cover 2 LMAO. Are you trying to give us the game. Go ahead and have your DB'S cover the flats. While WM go all verts, make safeties look foolish.
As opposed to playing man. I don't think your qb is going to have the time to sit back there and throw the ball down the field. Saw film its all dink and dunk and let the receivers break tackles. Bunch of tunnel screens and bubble routes. Don't act like they are throwing a lot of stuff down field. Receivers have big plays because they make people miss not because they are running deep routes and catching 50 yard bombs.

As opposed to playing man. I don't think your qb is going to have the time to sit back there and throw the ball down the field. Saw film its all dink and dunk and let the receivers break tackles. Bunch of tunnel screens and bubble routes. Don't act like they are throwing a lot of stuff down field. Receivers have big plays because they make people miss not because they are running deep routes and catching 50 yard bombs.
Well buddy if that's y'alls take on the film. Good luck with that game plan. Go cover 2 and you'll go a game under 500 quickly.

Doesn't matter what my take is I don't coach or play but what the stats and film say is what I said its not deep routes its get them in space and make folks miss. You can't see the film and say anything differently. Sorry those are the facts. Doesn't mean they can't or will not go deep because our secondary is weak so maybe you all will go deep but don't act like that has been the ammo so far you would just be talking. You are the same guy that was railing the best team in the state a few weeks ago about one of the most ridiculous threads ever posted but we will see. I will be sitting with good WMECK grad a friend on friday. I will make it a point to find Rich Black Man. I'm sure everyone knows who you are. I just have that feeling!

If you think a 3 man front is going to stop WM. Your crazy they'll just run the ball down you throats. Don't let the zone read fool you.

If you think a 3 man front is going to stop WM. Your crazy they'll just run the ball down you throats. Don't let the zone read fool you.
well sc is a 3 man front so not sure you know what you are talking about. SC is a base 3-4 so all they would be doing is dropping a linebacker for a ss or nickel so the 3 man front wouldn't be anything new. So nut sure your point but we will see Friday cannot wait. WM is Glenn with better receivers that is it.

WM will destroy Glenn, again WM has 3 D1 WR's. Has SC who has a suspect secondary. Ever played a team with 3 D1 WR's on it. If so how'd yall do. SC y'all talked enough trash before MC game. Took a "L" keep talking, y'all are a one man show.

It's a hell of a show though bro so see if you all can stop it. You talk more shit than anyone with dumb ass threads like the one on MC. Every point i have made you have gone in the opposite direction yapping about SC 3 man front if you did any research you would know that SC runs a 3 man front. You just like blurting out stuff but you keep it entertaining now unlike you I will answer the question. No we have not faced 3 d1 wideouts and you all have never faced 2 running backs like SC has so I will take our #1 RB in the nation and our other D1 back over your receivers. We don't have to do anything but give them ball. You have to throw. You just better get that d ready for some grown men upfront on the oline now that we are almost back at 100%. They better blitz every freaking play and stop us before we get pass your dline or it s lights out. You know it and I know it.

RichBlackman, I don't know where you came from or why all of a sudden you are on here with all this WM talk. Yes you all have 3 D1 wideouts but don't act like you guys know a lot about winning. The game will be played on the field and more than likely if you are here on Saturday morning you will be here with excuses.

LMAO.. have we faced a back like White no. But the other back you have he's little above average. See guys like Smiley every week. Y'all hype him up to be the guy, but I know and you know. Scots we know all about y'all. "You are who we think you are" heck your alumni is our strength coach....

RichBlackman, I don't know where you came from or why all of a sudden you are on here with all this WM talk. Yes you all have 3 D1 wideouts but don't act like you guys know a lot about winning. The game will be played on the field and more than likely if you are here on Saturday morning you will be here with excuses.
You better pray for a yall win I'm repost this. For the record I been on here talking West Meck . Since y'all choked in week 1.

West Meck hasn't ever done anything so quit it. This is will be your super bowl. Chocking to Mallard Creek that is a another dumb ass statement you just made. Your d will look about like that Rickey Smiley icon you have come friday. Our smiley had 1500 yards as a sophomore he is average you really are a looney tune. The kid is not the back White is but who is? He will be playing on saturdays at a D1 can you say that you did that? If so then knock the kid if not STFU.

Last edited:
Reactions: sikner51
West Meck hasn't ever done anything so quit it. This is will be your super bowl. Chocking to Mallard Creek that is a another dumb ass statement you just made. Your d will look about like that Rickey Smiley icon you have come friday. Our smiley had 1500 yards as a sophomore he is average you really are a looney tune. The kid is not the back White is but who is? He will be playing on saturdays at a D1 can you say that you did that? If so then knock the kid if not STFU.
After Whites gone, nobody will speak of the average SC team. You guys just are nothing but the kings of Hwy 74. If you played Meck teams weekly. You'd be a 6-7 win team every year. Enjoy your weekend in the city outside of the sticks.

You better pray for a yall win I'm repost this. For the record I been on here talking West Meck . Since y'all choked in week 1.
We choked in week 1? Scotland lost to a team that was better at every position except running back by 7 points and we choked? By your definition if Scotland wins Friday night does that mean WM choked?

After Whites gone, nobody will speak of the average SC team. You guys just are nothing but the kings of Hwy 74. If you played Meck teams weekly. You'd be a 6-7 win team every year. Enjoy your weekend in the city outside of the sticks.
So I guess you didn't play D1 lol McQueen is a lil better than average. Do you know how f'ing stupid you sound? Also another dumb statement 6 or 7 wins. Outside of Creek, Butler, Vance and Catholic the rest of you all are very average nothing sustained. SC will be a contender when White leaves. Won before White came on the scene so again another stupid statement. You don't know jack about our roster. Again you just say dumb stuff. I think 99% of the posters would agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT