ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 11/1

Thanks for stating the obvious...still would like to know the rule for 3 way ties.

Each conference establishes it's own set of rules for 2 and 3 way ties I think. I may be wrong. I remember Elkin, Mount Airy, and East Surry had to flip a coin in 05 I believe to break the 3 way ties.

Last edited:
Each conference establishes it's own set of rules for 2 and 3 way ties I think. I may be wrong. I remember Elkin, Mount Airy, and East Surry had to flip a coin in 05 I believe to break the 3 way ties.
Seem like there were straws drawn one year in the NWC. Long straw got 1st medium 2nd short straw got 3rd. I can't remember how many years ago. Can anyone from Mount Airy remember this ?

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Actually the NCHSAA has tiebreaking procedures in place. It seems for a 3 way tie the goal is to break it down to 2 teams based off the record against each other of the 3 tied teams. However it doesn't say what happens if a 3 way tie cant be broken in that process. It's a bit confusing.

East had a great completion on 4th and 9 which would have kept the drive alive. Elkin almost had the interception. The officials called a block in the back. Could have been a good call, my eye was on the catch.

Either way, great game. No doubt the Elks are the better team.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
East had a great completion on 4th and 9 which would have kept the drive alive. Elkin almost had the interception. The officials called a block in the back. Could have been a good call, my eye was on the catch.

Either way, great game. No doubt the Elks are the better team.

East might create some chaos in the early rounds of the playoffs. They could very well make a run sort of like the Polk team they lost to last season did.

Reactions: Realfreedom
Final: Mount Airy 70 Bishop 00 ----------- Mount Airy 8-2
Final: East Surry 63 South Stokes 14 ----- East Surry 10-0

NWC Championship Game Next Friday
Mount Airy @ East Surry

Final: Mount Airy 70 Bishop 00 ----------- Mount Airy 8-2
Final: East Surry 63 South Stokes 14 ----- East Surry 10-0

Final: WSPrep 40 North Stokes 26

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT