ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 10/11

Hate to hear that. To many injuries for the Bulldogs on the line. I hope their not out for the season
One will be back after Swain at the latest but Swain is when he is needed, huge blow if he's out. The other had been out all year and tonight was his first game back, commend the young man trying to play with a torn up knee but was always a possibility of aggravating it, no clue on his status next week.

'Dogs were already down two other starting lineman going into tonight, so to say it will be a tall task next week is an understatement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
The difference i would say is programs...Wilkes has had a few decent teams...but hasn't ever had consistent football programs..Starmount has tradition and has had an awesome program throughout the years.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
One will be back after Swain but Swain is when he is needed, huge blow. The other had been out all year and tonight was his first game back, commend the young man trying to play with a torn up knee but was always a strong possibility of aggravating it.

'Dogs were already down two other starting lineman going into tonight, so to say it will be a tall task next week is an understatement.
That’s hard for any 1A team to overcome. Even Murphy. But don’t count Murphy out. Next man up.

Reactions: mbdfan
Final-South Stokes 58 WS Prep 56. South trailed prep 50-28 with 8 minutes left.

South with a long TD pass, recovered onside kick, another long TD pass, prep fumbled on first play, scope and score and 2pt conversion to tie, prep on 4th does a fake punt and south has pick 6 with 2pt conversion to take lead 58-50. Prep throws long TD with 4 sec left and doesn’t score on 2pt. Absolutely crazy game. What a way to win on homecoming.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Murphy had a player tossed for a late hit/dirty play he tried to break Hayesvilles QBs finger which he is wearing a glove for. Hayesville has scored twice and don't the let the Murphy posters fool you it was on Murphy's starters.
Really the kid came right back in. The Murphy player your talking about is sitting beside me and no he didn’t try to break his finger . He was finishing a tackle the refs should have blown died way before it all happened. If you don’t know the facts you need not to post!!

Does wilkes central have injuries? If so when are they expected back

Shout out to Rosman tonight! Got to give those boys credit for hanging in there and giving it 100% tonight. Even when down 35-0 at the half they came out and played every play hard even after halftime. They never gave up and the coaches and fans stayed in the game till the end. Their band also did a great job during the halftime show. Wishing them luck and a healthy season the rest of the way this season.

On another note: Sorry can’t help but be sarcastic with bad ref calls but I also have to give the refs credit for those ghost flags on two big runs called back. Cost us 80 yards and a TD. Several other flags against Swain that were questionable. Can’t wait to watch the film on those. Lol.

Definitely could tell boys were focused on next week and not on this game. Time to be focused and dialed in next week. Something to prove!

Murphy may be winning but the dirty plays are hurting just got a player tossed probably a two game suspension at least it should be Gentry needs to control his players.
Lol, first off dirty, you need to clean your eyes, they never blew whiskey, you keep driving, i iall bullcrap

Reactions: Gps62
Murphy had a player tossed for a late hit/dirty play he tried to break Hayesvilles QBs finger which he is wearing a glove for. Hayesville has scored twice and don't the let the Murphy posters fool you it was on Murphy's starters.
Don't let this jackwad fool yal, kid never missed a play,

im not defending that late whistle but yess he did miss plays, when hayesville scored #18 was at QB, and murphy was hitting after the whistle all night
Oh and Hayesville didn't pill on after play several times, dude i i watched game, go cry sum more,. Oh this is football not yellow jacket basketball, tell em to hit the hardwood if they don't want to play football

Here is my take on the play that resulted in the ejection. Hayesville had the ball at Murphy's 9. The QB tried to roll out around the end. Several Murphy defenders made contact with him at the 12 and began to drive him backwards. The whistle was late and started blowing before he reached the 25. Several Murphy defenders began to pull up until by the time they reached about the 35. Only 1 defender continued and he drove the QB to the 42 where he slammed him into the turf on his arm and shoulder. It is my belief that it was his driving him into the ground that caused the ejection.

Knowing the officials around here I would not be surprised to see the ejection down graded to a disqualification. For the record the player from Hayesville missed the TD play, the PAT and the KO. He did return on the first play following the KO.

Reactions: smcdom123
As well y'all can pile on me that's fine but Murphy had about 8 or so late hit penalties to Hayesvilles 1 and the refs missed several helmet to helmet hits. Congrats to Murphy they thoroughly beat Hayesville proving whatever point they wanted even leaving in there starting Qb until the final whistle. But ultimately there reckless play and leaving in starters when the game was in hand seems like it will be costly versus Swain.

Here is my take on the play that resulted in the ejection. Hayesville had the ball at Murphy's 9. The QB tried to roll out around the end. Several Murphy defenders made contact with him at the 12 and began to drive him backwards. The whistle was late and started blowing before he reached the 25. Several Murphy defenders began to pull up until by the time they reached about the 35. Only 1 defender continued and he drove the QB to the 42 where he slammed him into the turf on his arm and shoulder. It is my belief that it was his driving him into the ground that caused the ejection.

Knowing the officials around here I would not be surprised to see the ejection down graded to a disqualification. For the record the player from Hayesville missed the TD play, the PAT and the KO. He did return on the first play following the KO.
He returned very next play

As well y'all can pile on me that's fine but Murphy had about 8 or so late hit penalties to Hayesvilles 1 and the refs missed several helmet to helmet hits. Congrats to Murphy they thoroughly beat Hayesville proving whatever point they wanted even leaving in there starting Qb until the final whistle. But ultimately there reckless play and leaving in starters when the game was in hand seems like it will be costly versus Swain.
Did yal pull starters ok enough said , but since you continue to need a Kleenex how bout several calls they didn't call on Hayesville, or leave out late hit on Murphy qb, but if you need help wipen your a@@, there a nursing home by Hayesville school , go check in they maybe able to help ya out with it

Reactions: therealsquid
You are such an idiot. Yes the starting QB, a sophomore, stayed in. He threw no passes and had all subs on line and other skill positions. Murphy had 2 late hit penalties, not 8, and one was legit (not the one you have b------ about). Your Jackets gave up 200 yards rushing to two backup backs behind a backup line, along with 2 TDs. I personally thought the kids on both sides showed good sportsmanship toward each other. I didn't see any chipiness from either team. Spoke to several Hayesville kids I know when they came up hill and all were polite and as happy as you could be after a loss. One told me, "Man that was rough". I'm not going to argue with an idiot, so this is my last post about it. Murphy was more physical and thus a better football team. There weren't many penalties, just the normal for both sides. The McClure boys are tough hard-nosed players, they just don't have enough help.

You are such an idiot. Yes the starting QB, a sophomore, stayed in. He threw no passes and had all subs on line and other skill positions. Murphy had 2 late hit penalties, not 8, and one was legit (not the one you have b------ about). Your Jackets gave up 200 yards rushing to two backup backs behind a backup line, along with 2 TDs. I personally thought the kids on both sides showed good sportsmanship toward each other. I didn't see any chipiness from either team. Spoke to several Hayesville kids I know when they came up hill and all were polite and as happy as you could be after a loss. One told me, "Man that was rough". I'm not going to argue with an idiot, so this is my last post about it. Murphy was more physical and thus a better football team. There weren't many penalties, just the normal for both sides. The McClure boys are tough hard-nosed players, they just don't have enough help.
We subbed when Murphy did ( as much as we can with 23 players). The 200 yds rushing (not sure how many exactly) was against our subs also! We got our tails whipped and we will own it, but like I have said all year we are going to continue to work and get better. Robbinsville and Murphy in back to back games is a tough road for any 1a team! Congratulations to Murphy!

The offense was clicking last night, good having Wood and Dickey run well in relief.

Hey @GreyGod623 check your e-mail when you get a chance.

Did yal pull starters ok enough said , but since you continue to need a Kleenex how bout several calls they didn't call on Hayesville, or leave out late hit on Murphy qb, but if you need help wipen your a@@, there a nursing home by Hayesville school , go check in they maybe able to help ya out with it
Yes in fact we did start subbing in the 3rd qtr. It is hard to sub linemen when we only have 8. The whole 4th we played subs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT