ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 10/11

True Illuminati...i think i rode EW bad defense enough for that to be obvious...But you are wrong about Elks and Rams they have repped the MVAC well over the years...do ya research and get back to me..

True Illuminati...i think i rode EW bad defense enough for that to be obvious...But you are wrong about Elks and Rams they have repped the MVAC well over the years...do ya research and get back to me..

modern day my man. Those days are over, unfortunately.

Elkin 31
W Central 20 Final

Starmount 48
E Wilkes 21 Final

WSPA 56
S Stokes 58 Final

Alleghany 31
W Wilkes 13

N Stokes 0
Mt Airy 49 Final

BM 13
E Surry 70 Final

N Wilkes 28
Ash 44 Final

N Surry 20
Forbush 13

Surry Central 28
Atkins 0

Last edited:
Murphy had a player tossed for a late hit/dirty play he tried to break Hayesvilles QBs finger which he is wearing a glove for. Hayesville has scored twice and don't the let the Murphy posters fool you it was on Murphy's starters.

Is there a point to this post?? Lol scoreboard.

I think its safe to say...that the state of Wilkes County football is terrible as far as history..a few decent teams within the last 30 yrs..but 90% of the time its either 1st rd exits or the 2a teams dont make the playoffs..

Elkin will go 3 or 4 rds deep while youre talkin nonsense...just watch...against teams their size...you do realize Starmount lost in the 4th round last year to regional champ East Surry...do ya homework then get back at me.

I think its safe to say...that the state of Wilkes County football is terrible as far as history..a few decent teams within the last 30 yrs..but 90% of the time its either 1st rd exits or the 2a teams dont make the playoffs..

They get too fired up over middle school success. Make the kids heads too big then don't push them when they get to high school or the kids are over it when they get there. They expect them to live off their middle school ability in high school.

So to be clear, you’re comparing the Elkin and Starmount programs of today to the ones of old? In your opinion, they’re on still on the same level? Small 1a is a cakewalk with the exception of the SMC schools.

Elkin will go 3 or 4 rds deep while youre talkin nonsense...just watch...against teams their size...you do realize Starmount lost in the 4th round last year to regional champ East Surry...do ya homework then get back at me.

I really think Elkin could make a run in the 1A.

I will say though Elkin and Starmount are no where near what they ever where and probably will never get there again.

Who is comparing anything. Currently Elkin is embarrassing WC....Statmount is embarrasing EW...Starmount will never be what they were...so i dont know what you think im sayin

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Who is comparing anything. Currently Elkin is embarrassing WC....Statmount is embarrasing EW...Starmount will never be what they were...so i dont know what you think im sayin

You failed to see the point of my post. My point is that Elkin and Starmount are not the teams of old. Everyone else here seems to get that but you. Maybe take a breath and comprehend what you’re reading before firing away at the keyboard. Learn that and get back at me.

Don’t believe you can call an 11 point loss to a good football team embarrassing

If I’m being honest, WC has no business losing to Elkin, probably ever. Student enrollment and demographics suggest WC should dominate the conference every year, but they don’t. I wouldn’t say embarrassing, due to circumstances, however it is a little concerning.

Have a good shot at a bye in the first round. Best team they've had since 2008 by far.
I will agree with that, backs run hard and they are physical up front, they kept Morrison in check for the better part of the night. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a deep run from them, but the early to mid 2000’s teams from them were dominate. I just don’t think the current group has made it to that level, but the potential is there for them to.

If I’m being honest, WC has no business losing to Elkin, probably ever. Student enrollment and demographics suggest WC should dominate the conference every year, but they don’t. I wouldn’t say embarrassing, due to circumstances, however it is a little concerning.
Exactly, if this was a WC team from a few years ago it would have been, but right now they aren’t what they were. Kids played hard all night I will give them that, they are just our manned. There is no reason a school with say 900ish students should only have 18ish players dressed on a Friday night, to me that is more concerning that the loss

WC should never lose to Elkin..i dont care how good they are 900 plus kids versus barely 300 yep they should be embarrased. Read my post thoroughly. Im talkin junk about Wilkes County football. Whether or not Starmount can get back to the glory days is irrevelant..and i def doubt they will. It doesn't erase the fact that Wilkes County has been known to field inferior teams..read whatever else you need to within the post..it's fairly simple to me. You really dont need to research that or get back to me. It's cut and dry.

Murphy "wins" 62-14, but considering the cost of potentially losing two of the best linemen on the team it doesn't feel like much of one, especially with Swain next.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhs95
Murphy "wins" 62-14, but considering the cost of losing two of the best linemen on the team it doesn't feel like much of one, especially with Swain next.
Hate to hear that. To many injuries for the Bulldogs on the line. I hope their not out for the season

Btw illuminati..if you read my post i did say that Starmount will never be what they were about 4 or 5 times..not sure why you thought i didnt get it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT