ADVERTISEMENT

Scores 10/11

Owen scores, called for taunting, give them the touchdown anyway. It's real hard to get a game called fairly in Buncombe county ...

Refs allowing the pile to go 20 yds behind los before half a$$ blowing the whistle. That was the 2nd late whistle blowing a play dead. FOS calling it a dirty play.

Reactions: mhs95 and mbdfan
Oh yeah, real dirty. I agree the play had been blown dead, but it was a case of not hearing whistle. It probably helped them toss him since your player laid there like he was killed, then didn't miss a play.
Didn’t miss a play maybe you should look again he wasn’t even in there when they scored the TD

Elkin 31
W Central 20

Starmount 41
E Wilkes 21

WSPA 38
S Stokes 28

Alleghany 31
W Wilkes 6

N Stokes 0
Mt Airy 49 Final

BM 13
E Surry 70

N Wilkes 28
Ash 37

N Surry 20
Forbush 13

Surry Central 28
Atkins 0

Last edited:
Murphy had a player tossed for a late hit/dirty play he tried to break Hayesvilles QBs finger which he is wearing a glove for. Hayesville has scored twice and don't the let the Murphy posters fool you it was on Murphy's starters.

Were winning but were not as good as the last 4 years. We might could get there. Owen play calling is horrible

MH wins 24-6. Absolute worst MH team I have seen in years. I’ve now seen both Mitchell and Heritage play and at this point, Mitchell should crush them. Didn’t help that we got Asheville officials (winding clock even if our players would run untouched out of bounds after catching a pass. That was throughout the game. Not just in garbage time.

Still ridiculous a school that big with only 18 players at WC!!

I think the soccer team only had 13. They're traditionally a top notch program in that as well. Something in the water in Moravian Falls. Wonder if it's the administration. Maybe holding kids accountable and ineligible when they fail more than 1 class instead of changing their grades or forcing teachers to take 9 week old late work.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
I think the soccer team only had 13. They're traditionally a top notch program in that as well. Something in the water in Moravian Falls. Wonder if it's the administration. Maybe holding kids accountable and ineligible when they fail more than 1 class instead of changing their grades or forcing teachers to take 9 week old late work.
I don’t believe that is it, we started the year with 24, we had a few players quit, we are missing probably 6 starters out with injuries. I can’t understand it, the last 10 or so years the program has been really good so you cannot say that it’s because we aren’t winning. Maybe one of y’all can figure it out.

Elkin 31
WC 14
5:53 to go

I don’t believe that is it, we started the year with 24, we had a few players quit, we are missing probably 6 starters out with injuries. I can’t understand it, the last 10 or so years the program has been really good so you cannot say that it’s because we aren’t winning. Maybe one of y’all can figure it out.

Elkin 31
WC 14

24 is still low for a school that size. Maybe its Turner and/or staff, but I always thought Turner did a good job getting the kids invested.

You win against small teams..and bow out early in the playoffs against schools your size..WC has been good for the MVAC...but thats where it stops.

Elkin 31
WC 14

I do know there is a ton of talent in the school walking the hallways that aren’t on the field. It is sad.

24 is still low for a school that size. Maybe its Turner and/or staff, but I always thought Turner did a good job getting the kids invested.
I’m not sure, it could be a combination of a lot of different things. 2 years ago they dressed close to 40, so what has changed? At the end of the day the buck does stop there though

Whatever let the film show it, whistle had been blown hit him late and to go along with it Murphy has been penalized for about 7 late hits to Hayesvilles 1

My thought is probably far fetched. I mean that could impact a handful of kids of course. WC does have the toughest principal in the county from what I hear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT