ADVERTISEMENT

Sandhills 3A/4A - Week #6

Hoke /Lee. Lee a 31 five point favorite last week and lost not so much this week but should win.
Scotland at southern lee - scots maul the s lee blanks.
Pinecrest at Richmond - Raider magic has been nonexistent for some time now, but Friday it shows itself as Richmond wins a thriller.
Did i just type that ????

Hoke /Lee. Lee a 31 five point favorite last week and lost not so much this week but should win.
Scotland at southern lee - scots maul the s lee blanks.
Pinecrest at Richmond - Raider magic has been nonexistent for some time now, but Friday it shows itself as Richmond wins a thriller.
Did i just type that ????
I really really hope you got that right with the raiders .
I think it can be done but they got to show better sportsmanship , stop getting so many penalties & many other things !!!
I was born a raider fan…
I just feel like something is totally off this year , it’s not that they don’t have talent because they do but if you watch this team play you will understand. There is an ingredients missing.
As always if Richmond , Hoke can’t do it scots please win the conference anybody but PC

Hoke - doomed
S. Lee - doomed
Pinecrest/Richmond - intriguing
U.P. - 1-week shy of doom

Hoke/ Lee L on the bounce back
Scots/ S. Lee- the plaid people as many as they want, running clock
Pinecrest/Richmond- think points are going to be at a premium as both OL's struggle. Team with most turnovers loses
UP could be on a roll and pick up their 2nd win in a row.....still iffy

was at the richmond pc ball game, nice game, maybe it was the drizzily wet
weather that helped keep the game close or maybe not, 2 tds apiece til
late in the 4th quarter, Richmond just missed the extra pt on their first td of the night keeping them behind all night. pick six with around 2 minutes by PC
to seal the deal but they misssed their xp to make the lead just 8 then..
IMO the main issue for the raiders is at the #1 position, just cant make plays
and very timid when called upon to run.
The big tall receiver for PC #0 is a man amongst boys, they just didnt get him opportunities at the ball nowhere near enough times. I can see lots of trouble
with the Scot short dbs trying to contain him in 3 weeks when these 2
should play each both being undefeated 7-0.

• Wow
Reactions: RD28327
was at the richmond pc ball game, nice game, maybe it was the drizzily wet
weather that helped keep the game close or maybe not, 2 tds apiece til
late in the 4th quarter, Richmond just missed the extra pt on their first td of the night keeping them behind all night. pick six with around 2 minutes by PC
to seal the deal but they misssed their xp to make the lead just 8 then..
IMO the main issue for the raiders is at the #1 position, just cant make plays
and very timid when called upon to run.
The big tall receiver for PC #0 is a man amongst boys, they just didnt get him opportunities at the ball nowhere near enough times. I can see lots of trouble
with the Scot short dbs trying to contain him in 3 weeks when these 2
should play each both being undefeated 7-0.
Our QB is very timid running or throwing. He did have 1 nice run probably the best he had all season. It didn't help us much that PC had our offensive signals so we had to switch how we called the plays in. I'm guessing they had some people at our game last week since they didn't play. #0 for them is a beast not sure why they don't feature him.

Its a known thing that signals have to be changed before a PC game,
its always been that way, glad to have a bye week before the PC game
in 3 weeks.

It will obviously be tough for Pinecrest to ever catch up to Richmond in head 2 head wins, probably won't happen in our lifetime...

However, you can see the tide changing after covid. Last 4 games have been decided by a single possession (including an overtime game). Stealing signals, "bad" richmond teams (disrespectful to current student athletes), etc has nothing to do with why Pinecrest is beating richmond. The root problem is some coaches cannot coach without having D1 talent to hide behind hence why some of those coaches no longer coach.

It’s not disrespectful if it’s the truth. “Team” is both players and coaches. When has Richmond ever been 1-5?

Historically bad.

And PC didn’t impress me at all last Friday. Their record isn’t indicative of their team. They’ll be lucky to make it out of round 2.

It’s not disrespectful if it’s the truth. “Team” is both players and coaches. When has Richmond ever been 1-5?

Historically bad.

And PC didn’t impress me at all last Friday. Their record isn’t indicative of their team. They’ll be lucky to make it out of round 2.
What was wrong with Pinecrest?

Nothing is “wrong” with them, but their record isn’t a true indicator of their potential as a team. Soft non-conference schedule and barely beating Richmond. They’re not a top 5 team in the East. I’d argue that they’re not top 10.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Nothing is “wrong” with them, but their record isn’t a true indicator of their potential as a team. Soft non-conference schedule and barely beating Richmond. They’re not a top 5 team in the East. I’d argue that they’re not top 10.
I have to agree with you BYF...Pinecrest really needs to amp up their non-conference schedule.... its like watching a grown man in a gym curling a 2lb dumbbell... come on dude slap some weight on there and lets see what you can do....lol

Last edited:
Were you at the Richmond game?

Not arguing that their non-conference isn't soft, but last season those same teams went 28-16 combined and 3 playoff teams. Unfortunately both teams were not at full strength, both missing pivotal parts according to their coaches.

Reactions: SEC-Patriot
Were you at the Richmond game?
I was at the game and Im choosing to blame it on the weather. Still trying to
figure still how Richmond managed to take it late into the 4th quarter. PC was extremely beatable last Friday night if the Richmond qb could have made any plays at all or quite frankly if anyone on Richmond could have made a play.
There was just no studs out there in the green uniforms. Pinecrest has one sure fire stud and they just didnt get him the ball or even try hard to do so.
Now with all that said Im sure they'll be all world in 2 weeks, I just hope my team is +1 on that..

I agree with a lot that is being posted. I don't think Richmond nor Pinecrest strike fear in the hearts of any playoff caliber teams around the state. But i think that statement could cover the conference as well as the region. Nobody in the Fayetteville area looks to be strong either. Certainly not the glory years of this region when there were 4-5 teams which could make deep runs. My take away from Richmond/Pinecrest....they both have good skill players but are desperately lacking up front especially on the OL's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT