ADVERTISEMENT

Salsibury vs Oak Grove

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Salsibury was runner up 2AA from 2019. They return some good experience players with one being Jalon Walker OLB who has some big college offers.
Salsibury won over West Rowan 36-0 but West was without some key players.
Oak Grove with a loss to West Forsyth 44-21.
I personally think this has the potentials of being a good game and it will show the strength of Salsibury.
Any thoughts

Salisbury should be very good this year, even though it was lop-sided in State, I seen alit of talent on that team.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Should be a really good game. OG beat Salisbury 35-19 last year. They still have a strong running game but have implemented some good passing plays with some talented underclassmen. Losing TE Gibble to early enrollment at VT is a big loss. Returning big playmakers from Salisbury could be a challenge for OG. I say OG 28-21, but I believe winner takes conference title.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Salisbury was also without 3 starting offensive lineman last week. For what its worth. West Rowan had -9 rushing yards at halftime and most of their first half yardage came on the first play from scrimmage (40+ yard pass). A large majority of their total yards for the game came within the last few minutes when the bench was emptied. It was within the last 5 minutes when their starting RB finally hit positive yardage on the ground. Defense will carry this team. Of course Walker will be huge, a top 100 rated player in the country. His little brother is a freshman starter at corner and seemingly has a high football IQ as well (their dad is Catawba College head coach for those who don't know). The OG game last year was bizarre to say the least from a Salisbury perspective. They didn't seem mentally present or prepared. Not at all saying this is guaranteed to be fixed (you cannot be sure of anything with a group of 14-18 year old kids) but this coaching staff is experienced, organized, and well prepared constantly. This team seems to have great leadership and I believe they will be in much better position to give a better effort than last season!

I have a good feeling about Salsibury. I think their defense will give a lot of teams some problems with that stout defense they got.

Salsibury leading 7-0 at HT. Oak Grove did miss a FG. Serious defense going on in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT