ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury at Mountain Heritage

Mavrick69

Feb 25, 2018
Burnsville NC
What kind of team does Salisbury have.lm a Heritage fan we have a young inexperienced team.We are starting 3 sophomores and 1 junior. Last two games have come down to the wire.l suspect this game will be close as well

Patton had a team full of savvy seniors who knew how to score. Im sure they're coach told them they weren't going to let a team as young as Heritage run them out of the gym. Heritage came out very flat, but you could obviously tell that Heritage had a big talent advantage. This team is still young and learning. They love to run and gun, and can put up points in a hurry. They struggle somewhat in a half court and arent as comfortable. I havent heard much about Salisbury either, but Im sure they have to be solid to be in the 4th round. If teams allow Heritage to run them all night they're tough to beat. Slow them down and force the young guys to play in the half court.

Patton had a team full of savvy seniors who knew how to score. Im sure they're coach told them they weren't going to let a team as young as Heritage run them out of the gym. Heritage came out very flat, but you could obviously tell that Heritage had a big talent advantage. This team is still young and learning. They love to run and gun, and can put up points in a hurry. They struggle somewhat in a half court and arent as comfortable. I havent heard much about Salisbury either, but Im sure they have to be solid to be in the 4th round. If teams allow Heritage to run them all night they're tough to beat. Slow them down and force the young guys to play in the half court.
Im hoping that we have gained

I dont think the cougars have played there best the last two games but they found a way to win and thats all that matters ,but i do wish they would get Shelton more involved earlier in game.

Im hoping that we have gained

I dont think the cougars have played there best the last two games but they found a way to win and thats all that matters ,but i do wish they would get Shelton more involved earlier in game.

I think Salisbury takes the game. It actually should be Wheatmore and Salisbury from what I have seen.

Wheatmore had a hard nose gritty team there was some questionable calls at the end of the game but Heritage had 24 fouls called against them to Wheatmores 7 thats why the game was so close you .

Not so sure Salisbury can compete with MH. I'm not convinced that their conference was up to par. I noticed that they were the only ones from the CCC that advanced past the first round. I'll take MH by 20. That's a long trip they have facing them. No disrespect to the coaches or players but I can't see them winning.

All about match-ups for the playoffs. Thomasville lost a tough game to Wheatmore minus a key player, ND lost at Hendersonville playing with an injured PG, and Lexington lost a nail biter to Patton. Not exactly being blown out or anything of that matter. Salisbury on paper seems very athletic, word through grapevine they have had some discipline issues over the past few weeks and some funny business with a starter who was eligible/ineligible/and eligible again.

Not so sure Salisbury can compete with MH. I'm not convinced that their conference was up to par. I noticed that they were the only ones from the CCC that advanced past the first round. I'll take MH by 20. That's a long trip they have facing them. No disrespect to the coaches or players but I can't see them winning.[/QUO
Wheatmore had a hard nose gritty team there was some questionable calls at the end of the game but Heritage had 24 fouls called against them to Wheatmores 7 thats why the game was so close you .

Don't sell them short. MH might win but I don't see 20. MH didn't have a conference that had a lot of great teams either. You were right about questionable calls. The kid that drove for Wheatmore got fouled and then the time ran out before the last shot. The refs huddled and placed .7 seconds on the clock. The internet station I listen too was getting ready for the OT, they thought time was out and did not think that the refs were going to decided the game. They couldn't believe there was no foul on one end and no way the ref could of determined that there was .7 secs left in the game. That is the way it goes, but hate to see refs decide a game instead of the players. As far as the fouls that might of helped MH if I remember right Wheatmore is not good at the line that might of been the reason. Good game either way. I would not sell Salisbury short. they are athletic. good luck!

Not so sure Salisbury can compete with MH. I'm not convinced that their conference was up to par. I noticed that they were the only ones from the CCC that advanced past the first round. I'll take MH by 20. That's a long trip they have facing them. No disrespect to the coaches or players but I can't see them winning.

Salisbury has a LOT of athletes and they can defend. Will be a very good game. I going with Salisbury.

Salisbury by 11. Salisbury will be the most intense, athletic team MH has faced. Pressure Pressure Pressure is what they bring full court.

Knew Salisbury would dominate this game. Just a bad matchup for MH. Great season MH

Salisbury 70-56. I was wrong, First time for everything. Good luck Hornets on Saturday!

Told you guys not to sell them short. Wheatmore would have been a better match up, but we will never know. The refs took care of that. They should of let the players decide that game in OT. Oh Well. Good Season MH!

Thomasville beat salisbury twice and salisbury beat them in double OT first game of season. Salisbury had no answer for Whiteside as he averaged nearly 30 points against them in the 3 times they played.

They would of beat Wheatmore too.
I would not be to sure of that. They would have no answer for the big guy. Thomasville beat them twice and they had to fo OT to beat them. The Wheatmore vs Thomasville game was not a a close as the score. Thomasville had no answer for the big guy Rains and they held Whiteside to 14. Salisbury would have trouble with Rains kid. I watches the game Thomasville Coaches had no answer for him and the kids knew it both sides of the court. I dont know how many balls he sent sailing into bleachers. I would of loved to see the game. I would have to go Wheatmore in a close game.

I would not be to sure of that. They would have no answer for the big guy. Thomasville beat them twice and they had to fo OT to beat them. The Wheatmore vs Thomasville game was not a a close as the score. Thomasville had no answer for the big guy Rains and they held Whiteside to 14. Salisbury would have trouble with Rains kid. I watches the game Thomasville Coaches had no answer for him and the kids knew it both sides of the court. I dont know how many balls he sent sailing into bleachers. I would of loved to see the game. I would have to go Wheatmore in a close game.

I was at the Thomasville vs Wheatmore game it was a good game. Thomasville just couldn't figure them out. It's a game of match up Salisbury matches up with Wheatmore a little better than Thomasville. And the last time Salisbury played Thomasville they were missing 2 players. Wheatmore lost to a team that Salisbury was up on by about 20 points most of the game. Didn't Wheatmore lose to Andrews twice??? Lexington beat Andrews by 31 points.

I was at the Thomasville vs Wheatmore game it was a good game. Thomasville just couldn't figure them out. It's a game of match up Salisbury matches up with Wheatmore a little better than Thomasville. And the last time Salisbury played Thomasville they were missing 2 players. Wheatmore lost to a team that Salisbury was up on by about 20 points most of the game. Didn't Wheatmore lose to Andrews twice??? Lexington beat Andrews by 31 points.

Wheatmore played without PG most of the year. Yes they did lose to Andrews twice but Salisbury also lost to Thomasville twice. Things happen>Wheatmore could of easily beat Thomasville by 15-20 they played without the point and had turnovers that could of been avoided. Like I said it would have been a good game I would have liked to see. Wheatmore plays good defense also. If Salisbury had trouble with Whiteside they definitely would have trouble with Wheatmore inside. I still would have gone with Wheatmore and the inside game but good luck to Salisbury!

Wheatmore played without PG most of the year. Yes they did lose to Andrews twice but Salisbury also lost to Thomasville twice. Things happen>Wheatmore could of easily beat Thomasville by 15-20 they played without the point and had turnovers that could of been avoided. Like I said it would have been a good game I would have liked to see. Wheatmore plays good defense also. If Salisbury had trouble with Whiteside they definitely would have trouble with Wheatmore inside. I still would have gone with Wheatmore and the inside game but good luck to Salisbury!
If it makes you feel any better it's totally irrelevant in the big picture because Clinton will destroy whoever comes out of the 2a west. The 2a east is way stronger than the west, nothing new.

If it makes you feel any better it's totally irrelevant in the big picture because Clinton will destroy whoever comes out of the 2a west. The 2a east is way stronger than the west, nothing new.

That is my pick to win was Clinton. Very talented team. Congrats! I think this thread was about Salisbury and MH game and side of the bracket. Thanks for input. I agree with Clinton winning it. Fan of good Games so probably won't watch the Clinton game already know outcome!! LOL!

Besides the PG, does Salisbury have any other seniors. He's the only senior ever mentioned

I guess we were both wrong. Mighty Clinton goes down. Congrats Greene Central!

Reactions: mbdfan
indeed, but I think the last part of my statement still rings true, 2a east most years is quite a bit stronger than the west. I think now that Clinton is out Greene Central takes the title.

indeed, but I think the last part of my statement still rings true, 2a east most years is quite a bit stronger than the west. I think now that Clinton is out Greene Central takes the title.

Well it looks like times might be changing!! The west beats east!! congrats to Forest Hills!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT