ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury 27 - East Davidson 17

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
Tough loss for the Golden Eagles on Friday night. Game was close at half time 6-3, but Salisbury pulled away in the fourth quarter. East closes out the season next week at home against Ledford and hopefully they will make it to the state playoffs. Hats off to the coach at East Davidson for doing such a great job with those kids this year. I think for the first time in school history East had a QB throw for over 1,000 yards (Spencer Leonard) and a RB rush for over 1,000 yards (Mason Burchette) in the same season. They couldn't have got it done with out good offensive line play. It has been fun watching the Eagles throw the ball a lot more this year and mixing in the run.

Tough loss for the Golden Eagles on Friday night. Game was close at half time 6-3, but Salisbury pulled away in the fourth quarter. East closes out the season next week at home against Ledford and hopefully they will make it to the state playoffs. Hats off to the coach at East Davidson for doing such a great job with those kids this year. I think for the first time in school history East had a QB throw for over 1,000 yards (Spencer Leonard) and a RB rush for over 1,000 yards (Mason Burchette) in the same season. They couldn't have got it done with out good offensive line play. It has been fun watching the Eagles throw the ball a lot more this year and mixing in the run.

I was at the game. and East played really well on defense for about 3 qtrs but seemed to run out of gas in the 4th. I agree that the coach has done a really good job this year but I was kind of scratching my head at some of the play calling and why they didn't give the ball more to #20 (Perrell) who I think is a little more explosive than Burchette. I was puzzled why at the end of the game with about 4 mins left they were still calling run plays up the middle when you're down by two scores? I think it would really help their offense to mix it up and add some more formations and even run some power formations especially against Salisbury who doesn't have great size. I also think it really would help their offense to alternate #1 (Jones) in at QB. He has some speed and can run the QB option read which gives defenses more to defend. This adds an extra dimension to the offense, which they lost by losing their starting QB (Tobin) at the start of the season. I believe they will probably make it to the playoffs with their win total but unless they get a seed higher than a 10 or 11 they are probably gonna get a really tough team in the first round and likely a road game. Good luck to them next week, if they can beat Ledford I think they have a shot at finishing maybe tied for 3rd in the conference and a decent seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT