ADVERTISEMENT

S.C. vs N.C. scrimmages at Spartanburg HS

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Aug 13 at Spartanburg HS
Scrimmage games
Seen where admission is $10 at the gate.

5:30 Dutch Fork vs Cardinal Gibbons
8:30 Spartanburg vs Julius Chambers

Anyone on here planning on going down to see these scrimmages. Curious to see how these scrimmages goes. I hear Spartanburg has a good QB. I’m sure Julius Chambers will put on a good game. I’m not familiar with Cardinal Gibbons. But I’m sure this will interesting event to a lot of people.

So NC - 2 wins, SC - 2 wins. Mallard Creek vs Byrnes and Dorman vs West Charlotte are what's left. Those are at Byrnes.

Last edited:
I thought Mallard Creek was supposed to play Byrnes, but I heard some covid precautions have caused changes to the schedule. Dorman is probably the better team this year.

Yeah, all full games. I knew Knoxville Catholic wasn't going to make it and that West Charlotte was added late. Didn't realize they'd switched opponents. Those should be better games.

Reactions: Bburg_Wildcat 22
Scrimmage upset.
Scrimmage upset? Good coaches don't care about score in scrimmages. It is a practice. They are looking to see who can play, where they need to clean things up, down and distance plays. They typically run base plays and save the "big ones" for the real games. If a knucklehead kid gives up big plays either for getting whipped or just forgetting, probably won't be starting opening game. No trophies for winning scrimmage season. Can be an indicator of the season but still a practice.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT