ADVERTISEMENT

RUNNING BACK AVERAGING 238 yards a game

Well I respect those numbers tremendously, they don't always translate well into the college game. T.A. McClendon and BJ Emmons come to mind when we talk about averaging big time stats.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
For 6-7 years straight it was one or the other that won the state championship,when Albemarle went on their 50 game winning streak Thomasville was the last team to beat them before the streak started and Thomasville was the team that finally end it

And TA couldn't stay out of trouble long enough for his career to take off. His stats were legit.
His problem was work ethic and giving a s--t which partly led to injuries and recovery issues. He was smart. He was a genetically gifted person. A lot of folks tried to help guide him.

Last edited:
Well I respect those numbers tremendously, they don't always translate well into the college game. T.A. McClendon and BJ Emmons come to mind when we talk about averaging big time stats.
TA's freshman year at NC State he scored 18 touchdowns averaging over 5 yards a carry and putting up over 1,100 yards. Sophomore and junior seasons were derailed due to injury which may have had somewhat to do with not being in his best condition (speculation on my part). He ran hard and took a lot of punishment.

His problem was work ethic and giving a s--t which partly led to injuries and recovery issues. He was smart. He was a genetically gifted person. A lot of folks tried to help guide him.
Maybe best rb performance I've seen when he ran all over my bulldogs in 2001. He was a man amonst boys that day.

TA was a good rb, but he was destined for injury ending his career early due to his running style. Nobody can take the abuse of running straight at people. It's fun to watch but the guy that can avoid hits has the longest career, ask Brady.

TA was a good rb, but he was destined for injury ending his career early due to his running style. Nobody can take the abuse of running straight at people. It's fun to watch but the guy that can avoid hits has the longest career, ask Brady.
Damn. 20 yrs ago! Doesn't seem that long ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT