ADVERTISEMENT

RS Central @ East Lincoln

Elincoln

Sep 12, 2014
Want to hear some thoughts on this matchup. I don't know anything about RS except that they beat Bandys in what sounded like a great game. What style does RS bring to the table?

Originally posted by Elincoln:

Want to hear some thoughts on this matchup. I don't know anything about RS except that they beat Bandys in what sounded like a great game. What style does RS bring to the table?
Similar to the Lincolnton game, but RS is not near as talented.

East 42 RS 21

I just don't see East giving up 31 points to this team, but I do see East putting up their normal 48 or more points. Our defense makes good adjustments as the game goes on and the offense will always take what you give them, play pass defense they run on you, play run defense they pass on you. East just has a lot of speed and talent, there is no one player you can key on they just have a lot of talent. Can they be beat, sure they can that's why you play the game. But I just don't see it happening this week.

Originally posted by leothelion:
hitman, not near as talented?
By whose standards?
Just my opinion I figured that might step on your toes. However, I will be pulling for the Hilltoppers to spring the upset since we're in the same conference.

Good luck!

I just hope East quits playing sloppy with the turnovers. The competition is going up quickly starting next week. If the Shelby fans are correct and RS is loaded then we can't afford the disorganized play we had against Smokey.

Nobody in 2A/2AA is as loaded with talent as East Lincoln. Six proven top receivers, with Valentine and Banks being burners. Surratt is a top five QB in the entire state, all classifications. The receivers make adjustments back to the ball if pressure comes. R-S will not be able to cover all those weapons. The defense is as good as any defense in the state but spend all the games on the field all night due to the quick scoring of the offense. East will score in three to six plays about every time they touch the ball.

East will move on after this game. R-S is a fine team but not on the caliber of Mustangs. East has let off the gas in almost every game they have played but constantly scored a lot of points.

This one will get ugly quickly... RS is not that good, seriously... I was shocked they beat Bandys... EL wins this game going away... 49-7

RS is good at stopping the run but East will have a field day passing on them....Bandys o-line play is what got them beat(the line would block one way while the play went the other way)...I say 42-21 East sounds like a good score because the backs for RS will have some success....

Not to disrespect rs central. They are a good team like bandys,not a great team like east. Griday was a great game.and you get the feel if they played 10 times each team would win 5. From what i seen friday surratt will pick their secondary to pieces east lincoln by 27

EL intercepts RS pass, returns it deep in Hilltopper territory. EL td pass.

EL 28
RS 12

5:28 left in 3rd qtr.

Nice season for RS Central. Made a lot of progress thru the year. Congrats to East Lincoln. They have the ability to score fast and often.

Congrats to the Mustangs. A little sloppy in 2qt but good adjustments at the half fixed that. Seems like our defense was always on the field, it would be interesting to see how many minutes the defense was on the field. I know R S had to have over 400 yds rushing and it seem like they held the ball for at least 9 minutes in every qt. RS has some good running backs and some large linemen and they made this game interesting for almost 3 quarters. Now it's another real test next Friday. This should be a heck of a game and I am sure the place will be packed and loud.

I thought EL played some pretty good ball. Even though our QB threw 2 interceptions he still had a stellar performance.
We made some 1/2 time adjustments and EL pulled away with the game...
RS Central's last score and 2 point convention came on EL 2nd string so the score was more like 49 to 20.... But 49 to 28 isn't bad either.
I personally thought RS C has a very good team and some very athletic kids with some killer SPEED. They played a heck of a game and definitely made it interesting. I would 10 to 1 rather play a game that holds my interest than one that is an absolute blow out.
I for the life of me will NEVER understand why a team that wins 2 freaking games in a season gets the opportunity to even get on a bus and travel 150 miles to play a ballgame.... I will say.... And always will... Tooooo many schools in the NC Playoffs.
Five weeks of play after a regular season is simply too many. Oh well, that's how we roll in North Carolina!
NOW, ON TO THE LINCOLN COUNTY SHOWDOWN FOR THE 2ND TIME THIS SEASON.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT