ADVERTISEMENT

Round 4: JM Robinson @ Catholic

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Catholic is coming off a dominating W over defending 3AA state champs Weddington.
JM Robinson is coming off an insane 47-46 W over Kings Mountain in OT. Winner goes to Duke.

A few observations after watching the JMR/KM game. JMR capitalized on every mistake KM made. I think Kings Mountain had 4-5 turnovers and JMR seemed to score off of every one including a pick six.
Kings Mountain did have a lot of running room on the JMR defense and had a ton of success on the ground. I'd look for Catholic to just be Catholic and pound the ground game to set up the passing game much like they did tonight.
Key will be not allowing the JMR QB to get out in space, the kid can run and is slippery. Catholic did a good job of containing a similar QB last night vs Weddington and have seen other QBs who can make plays with their feet/extend plays and find open receivers.
I think the CC defensive backs will be tested too as JMR hit several deep passes on Kings Mountain throughout the game.
Turnovers will be key though as they always are in the playoffs.

Running clock for catholic. Just please beat Havelock if that is what decides to come out of the east

Don’t count out this JMR team. With narrow wins over AL Brown, Crest and KM, they appear to be a team of destiny. Seem to find the right play at the right time. Both defensively and offensively. CC appears to be a juggernaut but JMR could be the Cinderella of this ball.

Don’t count out this JMR team. With narrow wins over AL Brown, Crest and KM, they appear to be a team of destiny. Seem to find the right play at the right time. Both defensively and offensively. CC appears to be a juggernaut but JMR could be the Cinderella of this ball.
Catholic cannot and should not take JMR lightly. They are in a state semifinal for a reason, that reason being they are flat out good. They get it done.
Biggest take away is their toughness and ability to cash in on opponents mistakes. They made KM pay for every turnover/mistake with scores. Including a pick six.

I'm a Crest fan and will tell you beating Crest this season wasn't that big of a deal...And Kings Mountain well I'm sorry, conference champs or not, if that's the 3A team representing Cleveland County, then you know our county is slacking because they have choked more than any team in the county with talent to date in the playoffs.

Catholic should win by as much as they want.

Catholic cannot and should not take JMR lightly. They are in a state semifinal for a reason, that reason being they are flat out good. They get it done.
Biggest take away is their toughness and ability to cash in on opponents mistakes. They made KM pay for every turnover/mistake with scores. Including a pick six.

CC is being nice because one of the JM assistant coaches is a former Catholic player. ;)

Reactions: btango and ConnerP
I'm a Crest fan and will tell you beating Crest this season wasn't that big of a deal...And Kings Mountain well I'm sorry, conference champs or not, if that's the 3A team representing Cleveland County, then you know our county is slacking because they have choked more than any team in the county with talent to date in the playoffs.

Can't believe you are going to set there and bash a team. That made it to third round. And to set and say pretty much that if Kings mountain would have been the team representing Cleveland county we would have chocked. Our kids have heart. And for you set and say that. In my book you are a piece of shit.

Reactions: Zelhunt
I was actually hoping this year KM would get over the hump they deserve it more than any team in CC.

CREST 91 I guess it make you feel better to criticize another team since your mighty CREST CHARGER have been on such a decline lately.

I feel like your tone would be far far different if Kings Mountain was playing CC and not JM Robinson. Sour grapes perhaps?

CC is being nice because one of the JM assistant coaches is a former Catholic player. ;)
Who? I don't recall ;)

Can't believe you are going to set there and bash a team. That made it to third round. And to set and say pretty much that if Kings mountain would have been the team representing Cleveland county we would have chocked. Our kids have heart. And for you set and say that. In my book you are a piece of shit.

Awww did I hurt its feelings? Lets be realistic people. Kings Mountain has choked more than any other school in Cleveland County with talent...now you can cuss me all you want, but facts are facts. Kings Mountain has had multiple opportunities to go deep in the playoffs and even a state championship, and yet for whatever reason, injuries, coaching, whatever, they have failed

I feel like your tone would be far far different if Kings Mountain was playing CC and not JM Robinson. Sour grapes perhaps?

Why does everyone keep saying sour grapes? I'm realistic people! Look at the dang facts! Catholic already had this crap won at least two rounds ago, but ya'll wanna sit around and break bread like the western regional final is or ever was relevant...news flash! It's not.

Just to prove my point I will put money on catholic winning this game. Seriously. Any takers? Who's got balls?

Why does everyone keep saying sour grapes? I'm realistic people! Look at the dang facts! Catholic already had this crap won at least two rounds ago, but ya'll wanna sit around and break bread like the western regional final is or ever was relevant...news flash! It's not.

Just to prove my point I will put money on catholic winning this game. Seriously. Any takers? Who's got balls?
No duh, everyone has CC favored *except JMR people, but I feel like if they were playing Kings Mountain all of this choking stuff and what not I feel like wouldn't come out. Kings Mountain had a great year, they lost to a really good team I don't see any shame or choking in that.

No duh, everyone has CC favored *except JMR people, but I feel like if they were playing Kings Mountain all of this choking stuff and what not I feel like wouldn't come out. Kings Mountain had a great year, they lost to a really good team I don't see any shame or choking in that.

Brother man, As I've said a million times. I'm not a die hard Crest fan, I could count on one hand the games I've been too for Crest. I've been to several high school/college games this year and I've been doing this for years. And one thing that has never changed about Kings Mountain is that they choke...hell just go back and look at last years first round game. What seed were they?...they were at home I know that much lol

Awww did I hurt its feelings? Lets be realistic people. Kings Mountain has choked more than any other school in Cleveland County with talent...now you can cuss me all you want, but facts are facts. Kings Mountain has had multiple opportunities to go deep in the playoffs and even a state championship, and yet for whatever reason, injuries, coaching, whatever, they have failed
Oh no you didn't hurt my feelings I would say the same if you would have said it about any team. There is time and place to say things like that. At least Kings mountain wasn't told to get of the bus before going to play for a state championship. For ineligible players. But it all good. You have to remember the kids give there hearts and sole for the game. And they don't need you or anyone else saying they choke.

Oh no you didn't hurt my feelings I would say the same if you would have said it about any team. There is time and place to say things like that. At least Kings mountain wasn't told to get of the bus before going to play for a state championship. For ineligible players. But it all good. You have to remember the kids give there hearts and sole for the game. And they don't need you or anyone else saying they choke.

You can give all the heart you want...sheltering kids away from reality of failure isn't going to save them from anything, some of the greatest athletes (including Michael Jordan) thrived off of being told they failed or weren't good enough...you must either be a player for KM or a parent of a player, either way I just stated a tradition that seems to follow KM, you don't have to like it but you can't deny it. KM chokes, they can't get over that hump for whatever reason. As far as Crest goes you are wasting your breath on me lmao I don't care about the shady, dirty stuff they are accused of doing or have been caught doing. I'm just a fan of football and I like to get on here and talk junk but my emotions are not in anyway attached to what a bunch of 17 year old kids do or don't do. They could cancel football in NC and the first thing I'd say is "at least we got college basketball"

Guys......I've Played, Sat in the Stands, and walked the sidelines for a lot of years.....I can definitely tell you which perspective gives you the easiest opportunity to criticize, compare, and categorize.

I wouldn't give the time of day to someone who has never done anything but sat in the stands and rested off other peoples success. I don't let people like that define me, or my team.

Good luck Friday night to JMR and Catholic. Never really peaked ahead to the Eastern Teams, but pulling for the West to bring it home (ACR- Sun Valley too!)

Last edited:
You can give all the heart you want...sheltering kids away from reality of failure isn't going to save them from anything, some of the greatest athletes (including Michael Jordan) thrived off of being told they failed or weren't good enough...you must either be a player for KM or a parent of a player, either way I just stated a tradition that seems to follow KM, you don't have to like it but you can't deny it. KM chokes, they can't get over that hump for whatever reason. As far as Crest goes you are wasting your breath on me lmao I don't care about the shady, dirty stuff they are accused of doing or have been caught doing. I'm just a fan of football and I like to get on here and talk junk but my emotions are not in anyway attached to what a bunch of 17 year old kids do or don't do. They could cancel football in NC and the first thing I'd say is "at least we got college basketball"
I LIKE HIGH SCHOOLS SPORTS I THINK SPORTS ARE A GOOD LEARNING TOOL FOR KIDS, SO TO START CALLING THESE KIDS CHOKERS FOR NOT WINNING A BALL GAME, WELL SIR YOU ARE THE REAL CHOKER.

I LIKE HIGH SCHOOLS SPORTS I THINK SPORTS ARE A GOOD LEARNING TOOL FOR KIDS, SO TO START CALLING THESE KIDS CHOKERS FOR NOT WINNING A BALL GAME, WELL SIR YOU ARE THE REAL CHOKER.

Okay that's cool man...out of curiosity did you help hand out the trophies to every single kid on both teams last Friday night?

Reactions: CrestMan7
issues-pain-rsz_issues_pain.jpg

Stress-Chronic-Pain-Cycle.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT