ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 Randleman vs South Granville

Csmoove76

Oct 16, 2018
Not to familiar with SG football are they good on both sides of the ball and will this game be close for Randleman????

South Granville seldom passes and are very well coached. I don't think they are as good as the previous few seasons, and Randleman should win. But this is the playoffs and the Vikings are certainly a dangerous opponent.

I have seen they like to run it and don’t throw much at all. Hopefully tarheel will let us know about there defense.
I don't know what you want to know.....the original question asked if the defense is good....that's a subjective/opinionated question to which I would reply, compared to who? compared to other defenses? compared to the offenses they're opposing? The SG defense did struggle to slow down the Southern Nash and Knightdale offense, and on a couple of drives against Sanderson, hence that loss too. Like most teams with 10 wins or more, even in the wins, there would be times in the games where other teams would move the ball and score, like in the two playoff wins, but generally have risen to the occasion when the Vikings had a 4th quarter lead and it was a must stop situation....five of the last seven wins came down to the opponent's final drive, and in all five of those situations, the SG defense either forced a turnover or a turnover on downs...the hard part for that on this week will be having the lead in the 4th quarter, going against Randleman's high powered offense

If anybody makes it to this game, come find me along the visitor side line if you want to talk
If there was any game that team wasn’t playing ER I would go to would be this one just to put a face to your name. Safe travels and good luck.

Final was Randleman 28-7....they played almost a flawless game, did jump offside once, and get two holding penalties, but I don't think they missed a tackle all night long, offense was as balanced as you will ever see in high school, RB #14 Lilly had 136 on 29 carries, QB #6 Price had 138 on just 5 completions, 3 of them for long TD passes, not counting two backward passes (that go in the stats as rush attempts for #4 Poole) were still exactly where they needed to be, Price might have been the best passing QB that SG has faced in years, would be scary if they turned him loose to sling it around even more, yes he had 4 incompletions but one of them was spiking the ball to stop the clock just before halftime, another was a deep ball caught by his WR but out of bounds, this offense really reminded me of the North Davidson team in 2017 where SG lost in 3rd Rd on Black Friday that could beat you running and passing, great season for the Vikings to threepeat as conference champions and make third round for second time in three years and only third time in school history, will have to replace a bunch of offensive linemen and a couple of defensive backs and offensive backs, will return the freshman QB, sophomore RB that finished with 1700 yards, entire defensive front seven, will actually be younger next year, as a bunch of this year's seniors were three year starters, I see Randleman's RB is a sophomore and QB is a junior, they also have a bright future; loved the facility by the way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT