ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Burns @ North Lincoln

Might just want to give the Burns receivers credit for their speed! Leslie out ran every DB that checked him including the UVA recruit and so did Twitty. Burns was the most talent and speed NL has seen this year! When it was man to man, Burns receivers won the battle!
No you're absolutely right.. I was just making a point that I thought NL could have maybe switched something's up at DB to get a little faster

I'm still trying to figure out why North was unable to stay with Burns receivers... They clearly had the athletes and speed in #7, #4, #23, #11 & #2.. Just from an outsiders point of view
I would say going both ways would take a toll on you not to mention Sweezy dead on with his passes.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I would say going both ways would take a toll on you not to mention Sweezy dead on with his passes.
That's something that was clearly evident late in the game... You could tell NL was worn out from so many going both ways... Burns was definitely a little fresher at the end

Nobody on their schedule must have thrown the ball against NL. Incredible run defense and great run game, but anybody with a decent run defense and functional passing game together could squeak a W out of them(well I gues Burns did that).

Reactions: Lion Attack
Nobody on their schedule must have thrown the ball against NL. Incredible run defense and great run game, but anybody with a decent run defense and functional passing game together could squeak a W out of them(well I gues Burns did that).
Actually the guys I was talking to last night said that NL had not seen a passing game anywhere near Burns... I don't know if that's accurate or not (they were from Bandys)

Reactions: Chopper747
They have plans to work on some drainage issues on the field. The volunteers that take care of the field do the best they can with what they have . They know what problems the field has and there are plans to fix it now that they have a principal and an athletic director that know what they are doing and that care.

That’s good to hear. I wasn’t trying to call anyone out. I know that field has always had drainage issues. EL used to have problems with theirs flooding in spots, too.

I questioned this myself, I questioned a few things but coaches are paid to coach not me. I thought burns coaches did a phenomenal job. 4 from NL could run but he doesn’t stand a chance playing safety at UVA in my opinion. This game could have had many different outcomes just going off of what happened during the game. But that’s why you keep lining up and hitting them in the mouth. NL has no answer for the pass or the jumbo in the second half. Burns has no answer for 23. Again, in my opinion, if he is the sweep and not the full back in the option attack...:nobody stops him...maybe ever. He is and will continue to be a fun player to watch.
Don’t be so quick to judge. We have two kids with power5 offers for a reason. They earned it. Brady had 6-10 offerers. Can’t remember them all because he didn’t post a single one. Kid is 6’4”. Runs a low 4.5 LASER 40. (4.52 I think) Benches over 300 and squats over 500. He is an athletic beast and is a standout at whatever he does. Those are the stats college coaches drool over. Not to mention only been playing football for 3 years. Pryor size kids will have amazing HS careers but will not generate much higher level interest... Hell we got several that don’t fit the “mold” too. A 5’7” 150 pound running back will have a very hard time getting any D1 offers let alone a power5. Ty Williams might generate more interest because he is so physical. Pryor avoids it, Williams looks for it. He will be a special ball player the next two seasons.

Again congrats to Burns. Good luck rest of the way. We’re off to Indoor track and Basketball!

North will Rock the house in indoor track. Hopefully they’ll have Ty Williams helping this year.

Don’t be so quick to judge. We have two kids with power5 offers for a reason. They earned it. Brady had 6-10 offerers. Can’t remember them all because he didn’t post a single one. Kid is 6’4”. Runs a low 4.5 LASER 40. (4.52 I think) Benches over 300 and squats over 500. He is an athletic beast and is a standout at whatever he does. Those are the stats college coaches drool over. Not to mention only been playing football for 3 years. Pryor size kids will have amazing HS careers but will not generate much higher level interest... Hell we got several that don’t fit the “mold” too. A 5’7” 150 pound running back will have a very hard time getting any D1 offers let alone a power5. Ty Williams might generate more interest because he is so physical. Pryor avoids it, Williams looks for it. He will be a special ball player the next two seasons.

Again congrats to Burns. Good luck rest of the way. We’re off to Indoor track and Basketball!
Some kids, size is just a number! Your right though. Power 5’s are over looking one of the best in the state because he doesn’t fit their ideal size for a running back! I feel he’s not a running back. He can catch and return the ball equally as good! If he were promoted as a athlete instead of running back he could probably garner more attention from recruiters. All that said, he is by far the best 5’5-5’7 you are going to see! He is the biggest guy on the field when he has the ball! Also not to down anyone, but our receivers ran past that power5 recruit all night! Wishing him the best though!!

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Now that’s funny! Maidens passing game versus North Lincoln was our QB running for his life and just slinging the ball down field... and those were intended run plays!
Funny....but true. Same for the N-C game I saw...quarterback spent four quarters sprinting out left and getting body slammed to the turf. Burns kept their QB safe for most of the night. I don't think speed was the deciding factor in the Knights pass defense. It was all 11 defensive players keeping one eye in the backfield for a back who rolled up 300+ yards in a single half against Hibriten

Funny....but true. Same for the N-C game I saw...quarterback spent four quarters sprinting out left and getting body slammed to the turf. Burns kept their QB safe for most of the night. I don't think speed was the deciding factor in the Knights pass defense. It was all 11 defensive players keeping one eye in the backfield for a back who rolled up 300+ yards in a single half against Hibriten
Although I agree with keeping an eye in the backfield, but when NL manned out receivers up 1 on 1, our receivers won the battle. Each time they ran right past the defender. We had pass plays of 70+ and 2 60+. Ran right pass the DB’s on each one of them!

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Although I agree with keeping an eye in the backfield, but when NL manned out receivers up 1 on 1, our receivers won the battle. Each time they ran right past the defender. We had pass plays of 70+ and 2 60+. Ran right pass the DB’s on each one of them!

It’s no disrespect to NL’s players at all, but I agree with this whole heartedly. That’s why I made the statement about 4.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
The loss to Parkwood to open the season was definitely NL's worse game. It was on a sloppy field on the road on a Saturday night after NL had made the long trip to Monroe on Friday night and got rained out after a couple of hours and had to return. It was an overtime game in which NL missed 2 FGs and and extra point in regulation.

NL is a much better team now. The triple option offense has improved throughout the season....especially over the past 7 games after QB Landon Beard became 100% healthy. There has been a lot of discussion about the challenge NL will have with Burns' offensive line and slowing down Pryor. That's legit but so is the challenge Burns is going to have slowing down NL's offense.
Link are you the guy that helped with the broadcast with Tom & Matt last week? Was rewatching last night and heard them say his last name was Link

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT