ADVERTISEMENT

Rough night for the SMC

Braves finished in top 3 for two years. Thats nothing. Won a state title in probably the weakest year 2001-2017. No murphy or plymouth. But sure you guys are world beaters.

This is why it is called a "New" year. Our projections could mean squat come conference time.Don't worry the season will produce the Contenders and expose the Pretenders. I'm just hoping that our boys stay healthy and compete. Hate to run my mouth on here too much and the Black Knights falter. Just hoping for some good old fashion mountain ball.

I know one guy I feel the same especially after our terrible show last week.

Down play every thing we do!!! Then when we get tired of it and strike back o we're tha aggressor and we're tha heathens goin to hell!!!! Find 1 of my posts where I've been like, o we're gonna kill everyone this year or I don't know why they even try!!! I'm humbled by our "weakest" state title in history!! Cause I remember 7-8 years ago when we could barely score 6!!!

1a titles are just as tough as any other because its 1a vs 1a.

1a vs1a=2a vs2a=3a vs 3a etc.

@Bk before you start giving advice on who is what...and how hard it is to win this and that...you have to humble yourself and remind yourself that your Knights came in 4th place in conference last year...and before you can start smashing on someone else, you have to at least bein the top 3 conversation for that year. As of now, you are not because 4th isn't good enough. So whenever yall make it back, then we can talk. Noone can give you credit this year for something you did in the 70s. this year is a new year. Even last year is over. So this year....you have to make up for it and be better than 4th place. You gotta start giving us some love sometime, i mean we did help make your rundown stadium Big Lots or Toasted Oats whatever it is look a whole lot better. Heck we even bought our own bleachers to sit in so we didnt have to sit on them sketchy old things yall had. And im glad yall finally got a new sound system, now play some decent music through it also. Kick the ACDC to the curb. its 2018!

Reactions: KW23
The last time Robbinsville played the larger schools of Pisgah, Franklin,East Henderson, North Henderson all turned out VICTORIES for Robbinsville. Now we can't get them back on the schedule..Lol

Robbinsville 42 -14 over East Henderson
Robbinsville 49- 3 over North Henderson
Robbinsville 56-35 over Pisgah
Robbinsville 30-20 over Franklin
All in the last 8 years.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
@Bk before you start giving advice on who is what...and how hard it is to win this and that...you have to humble yourself and remind yourself that your Knights came in 4th place in conference last year...and before you can start smashing on someone else, you have to at least bein the top 3 conversation for that year. As of now, you are not because 4th isn't good enough. So whenever yall make it back, then we can talk. Noone can give you credit this year for something you did in the 70s. this year is a new year. Even last year is over. So this year....you have to make up for it and be better than 4th place.

You must drink heavily. But I will say this,you are persitent.. BTW Cherokee is my 2nd favorite team in the SMC!

Reactions: BravesGWY
The last time Robbinsville played the larger schools of Pisgah, Franklin,East Henderson, North Henderson all turned out VICTORIES for Robbinsville. Now we can't get them back on the schedule..Lol

All in the last 8 years.
Still came in 4th haha

You gotta start giving us some love sometime, i mean we did help make your rundown stadium Big Lots or Toasted Oats whatever it is look a whole lot better. Heck we even bought our own bleachers to sit in so we didnt have to sit on them sketchy old things yall had. And im glad yall finally got a new sound system, now play some decent music through it also.

Once again to clarify when you say "we paid" you are implying only the Cherokee up there paid for the upgrades. Cherokee doesn't mean just the Cherokee High. So in all honesty the Cherokee down here also paid for the upgrades. We are not two separate tribes...even though that's how it seems as far getting help down here.

And BK stop belittling the contributions the tribe gave. "Speakers and light bulbs"... that is what fires everyone up and why they think our Natives aren't appreciated. Yeah you are trying to smack talk to the Cherokee High posters but you also smack talking the ones down here. Cohesion from both Whites and Natives is how it works down here. No one is above anyone. I think any help is great help for this public school and both sides should appreciate it.

Reactions: BravesGWY and KW23
If you remember one guy cherokee fans started this by saying they was fixing our run down stadium. Just so you know I will say it again if they trash talk Robbinsville. If they shut that big mouth I will also.

If you remember one guy cherokee fans started this by saying they was fixing our run down stadium. Just so you know I will say it again if they trash talk Robbinsville. If they shut that big mouth I will also.
Gotcha....I’m tired of this situation with the stadium. I’m just ready for the Knights to take the field this Friday.

Yeah let us roll over and stop fight back and we can go back to down playin everything we do!! Come shut my big mouth you idiot!!!

You ain't gotta praise us and I definitely ain't praisin unz!!! When Cruz, Matheson, that stingy defense and gritty o-line went undefeated that year I was at every playoff game and even came and sat on your side and cheered unz on as unz won state!! If I would've came on here and seen how you talked I would've went and watched someone else!! Everytime I came across any of them kids I knew on that team I tell em how much I enjoyed watchin some hard played football!! Seems to me that I'd really think about castin a stone if I was in a glass house, anyways I guess!! You in particular make it very hard to encourage anyone from down there!!!

I was ready to let it go and pick on Rville about something else... But rville's two worst fans decided to talk trash and flex their little muscles over getting 4th place. So back to football... Rville is no better than 4th place. Change my mind.

All in the last 8 years.

Throw North and East out because they are trash. It's funny how SMC schools like Robbinsville always seem to play the teams when they suck. If they played Pisgah or Franklin recently they would get smoked. I know football and it's just the way it is

1a titles are just as tough as any other because its 1a vs 1a.

1a vs1a=2a vs2a=3a vs 3a etc.

Difference is there are tons of quality teams in 2A, 3A, and 4A. As for 1A maybe a few every year. It's really bad, especially outside the mountains.

Throw North and East out because they are trash. It's funny how SMC schools like Robbinsville always seem to play the teams when they suck. If they played Pisgah or Franklin recently they would get smoked. I know football and it's just the way it is
1A's should get smoked! You are talking about a 1A school with enrollment in the 300s compared to schools in the 1000s. But it doesn't excuse the fact that quality teams WONT PLAY US!

There are lots of reasons for a 2A or 3A school from Asheville not to schedule an SMC team. Just to name a few:

1) To your fans/boosters with Magnum's mind set, beating a 1A won't make them happy, because you should have won in their mind, but losing to a 1A sure will make them mad.

2) SMC teams can't give them a JV game for Thursday night

3) While the Asheville area schools are some of the closest to the SMC, Asheville isn't quite as isolated and there are tons of schools to the east just as close to them as the SMC.

It stinks but that's the practical reality. I just don't understand why we take the bait every year when some troll comes over from the 3A board talking about 1A vs. 3A like they don't teach math in Asheville.

Two of your better programs in the SMC just lost to North Buncombe and Tuscola, two of the worst programs in the WMAC. Just imagine what would happen if you played the best programs in the WMAC. You guys started by beating your chest about being the best in Western North Carolina so I'm just calling your bluff

Magnum just the big bully . Praising teams that have over 1000 kids for beat beating the smc teams. If they even tried to understand that you prob only have 80 boys to choose from and 30-40 of those play you begin to understand

Looks like another tough year for the Jackets.

Looks like another tough year for the Jackets. I know they are young but the defense looked really bad and offensively we had moments. The mctaggart and mcclure kid could be a force in the future. Line struggled most of the night. Way too many penalties. Hopefully we can heal up and get competitive!

Really hurts losing Krieger and McClure. Two really good tough running backs and defensive players. Hopefully no more injuries!

The SMC has three teams that are historically the best in western NC. If you go by wins and ships for a schools specific class, two of those three schools are historically the best in the state. I suppose we need to look up the total number of wins and state championships for the SMC and the WMAC and determine which conference has the most in their respective class, and also which one has more wins against schools from a larger classification than their conference. The numbers don't lie, and I would be extremely shocked if the WMAC is even close based on that criteria. As a matter of fact, I would bet on it that there's no comparison

Of course the WMAC doesn't have the same amount of titles as the SMC. When it comes to playoffs 1A is terrible state-wide. I know this because I go and watch the State title games every year . I've watched 1a through 4a and it's just unreal the difference in competition. Almost every year the 1a teams from the east are awful. Occasionally you'll get a good one like Tarboro but that's it. You can guarantee every year that to 2a and above will have very good competition. That's the only reason the SMC has all those titles because they don't have to play any competition worth a crap. By the way how is Andrews looking this year? LOL

They look about like a predominantly sophomore group of kids from the second smallest football school in the state would look. Hopefully they can find their way to compete. As I said before, the numbers don't lie.

Catdad, magnum is a troll. He's only here to stir the pot, nothing more.

If Reynolds played the entire SMC they would go 4-2 every year. 2 teams would beat them. Every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT