ADVERTISEMENT

Rough night for the SMC

Murphy will be fine if they can get McTaggart (sprained ankle) and Roberts (dislocated shoulder) healthy.

Dogs did well given the circumstances. Not many 1A teams are going to hang with Pisgah playing half the game with their third string runningback and their three best players on defense out. It shows the fight and resolve of this team, they could have folded but didn't.

I did expect more from the offense but the o-line is young and the QB is inexperienced, with more reps I'm sure they'll improve.

Last edited:
I thought Murphys young guys stepped up considering the circumstances. They need to get past Franklin with no major injuries. The future looks good.
Unless Slade is 100% I hope he doesn't play next week. He's needed a lot more down the line than trying to gut it out in a game that at the end of the day doesn't matter (as long as they take care of business in conference).

Unless Slade is 100% I hope he doesn't play next week. He's needed a lot more down the line than trying to gut it out in a game that at the end of the day doesn't matter (as long as they take care of business in conference).

I agree. I thought #24 made the most of his opportunity tonight. Pisgah is a very good football team. Murphy was very gritty with their backups, they're gonna be fine.

towns county was a well oiled machine hayesville had alot tougher game on there hands then expected we had control until end of the third but our youngness and the injury bug is in full motion at hayesville.

Rough night.. Murphy could have very easily won though
You should change your source of information if you believe Murphy would have "very easily" taken this game this year even if they had been at a 100%. We took the loss last year as an embarrassment and was determined to win this one even if we would have had to show things on tape that might hurt us in the conference and our BIG rival game. Murphy is a good and respectable mountain team and I'm told the players we're great sportsman on the field which is very respectful and means they are well coached and raised. But to say that they would have basically not broke a sweat against Pisgah is simply hogwash. Ask them.

I think he meant the outcome could of easily been the other way.

Can’t believe the SMC went 0-6 last night. I now our teams will bounce back next week.
Swain had a hard first game with Tuscola but I feel Swain got better as a team last night. Swain learned some hard lessons for a young team. They had three turnovers that cost them 17 points. Then bounced back and fought back hard. From mid way through the second quarter till the end of the game Swain outscored Tuscola 20-7. Tuscola never subbed out the starters and swain never did either. Hard fought win for Tuscola. Swain is showing some promise and potential. When a team only has 2-3 senior starters then you know they are young and will get better. Just have to be patient and understand that young teams have growing pains. But I witnessed a lot of positives last night and it’s best to focus on those. As a team they had over 300yards rushing 3tds and one passing TD and ran over sixty offensive plays.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
You should change your source of information if you believe Murphy would have "very easily" taken this game this year even if they had been at a 100%. We took the loss last year as an embarrassment and was determined to win this one even if we would have had to show things on tape that might hurt us in the conference and our BIG rival game. Murphy is a good and respectable mountain team and I'm told the players we're great sportsman on the field which is very respectful and means they are well coached and raised. But to say that they would have basically not broke a sweat against Pisgah is simply hogwash. Ask them.
I think he actually said "they could have easily won" .... Meaning that they were in a position to win had a play or two went different. Calm down and enjoy your win. No one is disrespecting a very good defensive Pisgah football team. You should in no way be embarrassed by last year's loss .... Murphy was a much better team.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I’m not making excuses but I looked at the paper this morning . N bunc qb is a player . I think he was out last year with an injury but he is a gamer . We couldn’t tackle him and our red zone offense was awful . 3 times inside the 10 with no points will kill u . Cherokee will get better and lord knows they need to be in better shape

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

Lol if you don’t think Murphy being down to a third string running back and three of their top defenses players out helped Pisgah out then you are delusional. You won be a touchdown to a very young team without two huge players on offense. Congrats lol. Yeah you got embarrassed last year. I guess you can thump your chest over a 7 point win to a 1-A school.

Lol if you don’t think Murphy being down to a third string running back and three of their top defenses players out helped Pisgah out then you are delusional. You won be a touchdown to a very young team without two huge players on offense. Congrats lol. Yeah you got embarrassed last year. I guess you can thump your chest over a 7 point win to a 1-A school.
Don't be a sore looser man.

I was meaning that Murphy could have just as easily won this game as Pisgah did..I caught the second half after watching Swain and Tuscola first half. I will say this,If Murphy has all their starters they will beat Pisgah 8 out of 10 times. They about beat them with their reserves.

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
I was meaning that Murphy could have just as easily won this game as Pisgah did..I caught the second half after watching Swain and Tuscola first half. I will say this,If Murphy has all their starters they will beat Pisgah 8 out of 10 times. They about beat them with their reserves.

Murphy couldn't beat us one of ten times. How did they about beat us ?They were never ahead.

Looks like another tough year for the Jackets.
towns county was a well oiled machine hayesville had alot tougher game on there hands then expected we had control until end of the third but our youngness and the injury bug is in full motion at hayesville.
Looks like another tough year for the Jackets. I know they are young but the defense looked really bad and offensively we had moments. The mctaggart and mcclure kid could be a force in the future. Line struggled most of the night. Way too many penalties. Hopefully we can heal up and get competitive!

Reactions: smcdom123
Don't be a sore looser man.

Man I’m pretty loose already, but I’m not a sore loser if that’s what you meant to spell. I could care less really. I pull for Murphy being an alumni, but bragging about beating a smaller school with the talent they had missing last night and you beat them by a touchdown is nothing to brag about. Good job getting the win.

What happened with the starting center from Nantahala hoops team (6-3 250+ 10th grader) that people were saying was going to be coming to Andrews and playing football?

Man I’m pretty loose already, but I’m not a sore loser if that’s what you meant to spell. I could care less really. I pull for Murphy being an alumni, but bragging about beating a smaller school with the talent they had missing last night and you beat them by a touchdown is nothing to brag about. Good job getting the win.
There's always next year, good luck to the Bulldogs in thier season.

I’m not making excuses but I looked at the paper this morning . N bunc qb is a player . I think he was out last year with an injury but he is a gamer . We couldn’t tackle him and our red zone offense was awful . 3 times inside the 10 with no points will kill u . Cherokee will get better and lord knows they need to be in better shape

Shows the difference in the SMC and the WMAC. North Buncombe will probably finish next to last in the conference.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Gentle think u need to asses that comment . You haven’t beaten the braves in 2 years . I don’t think you beat them . They will win some games . Their qb is athletic and pretty accurate .

Omg you want to base Cherokee's success over the last 2 years...even with Mintz you barely beat us..
Need I remind you:
Robbinsville is 46-15 against Cherokee
Swain is 43-9 against Cherokee
Murphy is 38-4 against Cherokee
That's COMICAL ,yet you guys claim you are part of the Big 3 now.You haven't even made it out of the bottom 3

You have lost the last two years that’s all I know .. barely or not we beat u . You lost everyone good luck

Reactions: KW23
Omg you want to base Cherokee's success over the last 2 years...even with Mintz you barely beat us..
Need I remind you:
Robbinsville is 46-15 against Cherokee
Swain is 43-9 against Cherokee
Murphy is 38-4 against Cherokee
That's COMICAL ,yet you guys claim you are part of the Big 3 now.You haven't even made it out of the bottom 3

Swain has won with Cherokee players. Cherokee just won a state title. Your statement is just stupidity. They haven’t made it out of the bottom three? They just won a freaking state title lmao.

Reactions: KW23
No gentle you don't need to remind us cause you and bk have done gave us and all wnc tha history lessons about how unz beat everyone!! Unz are tha chuck Norris of tha SMC!!

Reactions: BravesGWY
Hope we step it up against tha warriors this week, get to keep tha trophy this side of tha Mississippi!! Let me guess gentle, unz have beat them 88-3 all time?? Robinsville really died 5 years ago but death is still to afraid to tell them!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT