ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman vs east Henderson

The tigers have looked good this summer in their 7 on 7 scrimmages and this past Friday against smoky mtn. I think the tigers come out roarin and win by 21.

I watched East Henderson in a 7 on 7 at Erwin. They have a kid at qb that is a beast. He is about 6' 4" and very athletic. Unfortunately not much help around him though.

It's always been tough to gage a team from how their scrimmages turned out because different Coaches are looking to gain different perspectives of their teams since scrimmages don't count against you....Some Coaches want to just see what kind of depth they have at certain positions, how the kids will execute a new offense that they'll be running for the first time, what kind of effort their team is giving, or see if a young kid who is making his Varsity debut will be up to the task as a starter, so I've never really put a whole lot of stock into how a team performs from scrimmages....With that said, it's also hard for me to make Rosman the favorite over a team that they've NEVER beaten before, and has more kids to choose from than do the Tigers....East of course has struggled mightly since Chapell left for Pisgah, and Rosman hasn't really set the world on fire themselves, especially last year with only 1 win, so I guess that I see this game quite a bit differently than some of the other Tiger fans....Do I hope we win....Of Course, I do....

Do I expect us to beat a bigger class school for the first time in 2 years?.....Well, I'm not from Kansas, but I will say SHOW ME!

I think Coach Stack has done a great job in putting things together as fast as he has, and he's created a lot of excitement in the upper end of Transylvania County, and clearly the stadium looks great from a lot of hard work....The turnout of 30+ kids for the team is very encouraging, so the kids seem to want to play for him, and word is that they are learning the offense quite well but to expect Rosman to beat East Henderson by 2 or 3 TDS?.....Well, I just don't know about that, and I personally think the game will be much closer than that.....East has a new coach as well, and the impact that he will make could be similar, or even greater than Coach Stack is making at Rosman?....Again, East is a bigger school with more resources, and will have more kids to choose from, and may just be as hungry or more hungry than the Tigers are in terms of turning around the football program?.....I'll be there rooting for the Tigers as I always have been, and will watch to see what kind of effort the kids are making, and what the new offense looks like in a "LIVE" game situation....

This game should tell us whole lot about what we can expect moving forward, and what we can expect to see the following week at Brevard when Rosman faces a Bluedevil team that took the Tigers behind the woodshed last year!

As a Tiger fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season, and am looking for improvement week to week, but this team has a long way to go to build some confidence, and erase what happened last year....It starts this friday night at Silversteen Stadium at Coach Bill Cathy Field against the Eagles from East Henderson!

Go get em' Tigers!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I think our kids have a lot more confidence than this time last year, we actually had a full spring practice and have got to participate in 7-7's . For what it's worth and it don't mean much we actually won 2 games last year it just happened to be the same team ! In a game situation against a much larger school with exceptional size we played very well last Friday night at smokey

I think our kids have a lot more confidence than this time last year, we actually had a full spring practice and have got to participate in 7-7's . For what it's worth and it don't mean much we actually won 2 games last year it just happened to be the same team ! In a game situation against a much larger school with exceptional size we played very well last Friday night at smokey

For the record, I will gladly take a 1 point win over East Henderson, this friday!....Glad we finished with 2 wins last year instead of 1 as I had stated above, and I stand corrected, and agree that it is really a moot point......Probably, should have said that the Tigers hadn't beaten a team from the State of N.C. in 2 years instead, but would like to see that streak end this friday.....Still not expecting a 2 or 3 TD win for the Tigers, but would be pleasantly surprised if that were to happen, and will give those credit who predicted that outcome!....Will also agree that the kids seem to really like, and are confident in Coach Stack and his Coaching Staff, and so am I....

Really enjoyed the Tailgate Tuesday that began tonight, and will always be willing to honestly discuss Tiger Football with anybody at anytime as I did tonight....Never been one that is afraid to speak his mind on this website or in person, and people know who I am because I've never hid that fact either!

As for the future of Rosman Tiger Football, it's headed in the right direction with Coach Stack in charge, and that was clearly evident to anybody that was there tonight for this official kickoff of the Tailgate Tuesdays....Really like this new concept of bringing a dish, and talking some Football early in the week with the Head Coach and his Staff because it's all about Accountability....If a Coach is willing to make himself Accountable as he was tonight, it's hard for kids to not follow his lead, and that's a great lesson in life that every youngster should have the privilege to learn at this stage of their life...Everyone should be held accountable for their actions instead of blaming others for their mistakes..I had several questions for Coach Stack, and he was honest, forthright, detailed and informative about every question that I or others asked him which is refreshing from a fan's perspective, and I think a lot of the Tiger fans that were there tonight probably learned something they didn't know, but more importantly learned a lot more about Coach Stack, and the kind of Football Program that he's building in Rosman...Impressive beginning to the season to say the least!.

Friday can't get here soon enough for me!

Roar Tigers Roar!

96 tiger in game time situations we lined up and stuck it to smoky mtn On offense and defense. I haven't seen us do that in quite awhile.

I agree smash. We looked like a team last Friday. Looking forward to watching this team play this year. I think we're gonna surprise a lot of people!

I promise, they will be well coached up and ready to play. On offense they will line up quickly and correctly and on defense they will align to their rules and fly to the football. In watching the scrimmages they haven't shown much of the defensive package at all yet. They also, are playing down hill which can't be coached. I can not speak to their depth as I've only watched their two scrimmages and it is difficult to know which kids are 1's or 2's or JV kids for that matter. I don't ever promise victories, I will promise they will be ready and perform to the best of their abilities...... Good luck boys.....

Reactions: Rhinos87
I ran across this forum and look forward to chatting with you guys! I have been heavily involved with this group of players at Rosman. I have followed them through youth league, JV's, and Varsity. I have rarely missed a practice or any kind of event throughout the years.
I have watched these young men grow thru the years but I must say that what has taken place over the past 4 months is impressive.
After last season the players were hungry and tired of losing. They got in the gym during the off season on their own time as well as with Coach Galloway. They had built a solid platform for the weightlifting program that Stack brought on board. They have worked extremely hard and these guys are legit, they are strong!
There isn't any room for the lazy ones in this program either! Practices are structured, fast paced, and intense!
The work ethic of the coaches and players is second to none!
For the first time in years the Tigers are a "Team" at the beginning of the season. These guys are working for each other and for the team, not for personal fame. They have heart and believe what Coach Stack has preached to them "Passion for the Process".
As you can tell, I am VERY excited about this program and the future of this year, and the coming years! I had accepted the fact that we have a new coach and it would take a couple of years to build a new program. However, due to the work ethic and motivation of ALL of the coaching staff AND all of the players, the Tigers will be tough to contend with this year.

Clocks ticking....set GO!

Don't let Ole Rick fool ya folks... he's doing a good sandbagging job right now! From all accounts so far my sources are high on the Tigers and this new coach they've brought in. Rosman should roll over East Henderson!!!

Don't let Ole Rick fool ya folks... he's doing a good sandbagging job right now! From all accounts so far my sources are high on the Tigers and this new coach they've brought in. Rosman should roll over East Henderson!!!

"Sandbagging"....lol!

I loved to listen to former Coach Lou Holtz, and his "Sandbagging" game speech about his team, but the Tigers haven't proven anything in "Live" game action yet, and remember the Tigers have NEVER beaten East Henderson before, so I'll reserve any of my bravado for this season's version of the Tigers until after I watch the game tonight.....As they say, there is a first time for everything, so I'm hoping tonight is one of those "First"....Kinda like this Solar Eclipse coming up on monday which will be a "First" in it's totality around here for all of us...Maybe, this next few days will be a week of "First" in this part of Transylvania County....We shall see!

I will agree that there seems to be a lot of excitement building around the football program, and that starts with Coach Stack, and has filtered-down to the kids and the fans....

As Coach Stack told one of the Tiger fans at this past Tuesday's Tiger Tailgate, when asked about the Brevard game coming up... "You can't win 16 games until you win that first game, and we're not thinking about Brevard at the moment, but we are instead totally focused on East Henderson....Ask me about Brevard next Tuesday"....I of course subscribe completely with that line of thinking!

Tonight can't get here soon enough for this Tiger fan!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Just picked up the Times-News out of Hendersonville....They're picking East 21-10 over the Tigers, and are raving about new Coach Justin Heatherly who was the former Middle School coach that was a feeder program for the Hendersonville Bearcats....Of course, he is also an alumnus of East Henderson, and once played for the Eagles, so they got one of their own coaching them now....

Going to be a real interesting debut for both new Coaches tonight in Tigertown.....Look forward to watching the Tigers for the first time, and hope they can contain the Hemphill kid for East?....Here he's a 6'4" QB that's very atheletic....

Must say that the whole stadium looks great with new paint everywhere, and is as clean as a whistle for tonight's opener with the Eagles....Hope both teams finish the night with NO injuries to start the season....

Big first game for both teams who are trying to turn things around this year!

Roar Tigers Roar!

I promise, they will be well coached up and ready to play. On offense they will line up quickly and correctly and on defense they will align to their rules and fly to the football. In watching the scrimmages they haven't shown much of the defensive package at all yet. They also, are playing down hill which can't be coached. I can not speak to their depth as I've only watched their two scrimmages and it is difficult to know which kids are 1's or 2's or JV kids for that matter. I don't ever promise victories, I will promise they will be ready and perform to the best of their abilities...... Good luck boys.....

None are jvs.

Tigers played hard had to many turnovers and appeared to have lost a kid to broken ankle! All that being said tigers lost 35-28

Reactions: rosman32
Definitely got to clean up the turnovers! I was pleased with the way we moved the ball though. I think we will be ok as long as we stay healthy.

Folks generally expect me to give an honest assessment, so here goes:

Offense
-----------
Very pleased with what I saw offensively overall, but didn't quite understand the 3 Wildcat formation calls in the first half with the Tigers at about the Eagles 30yd line, which resulted in a fumble after a low snap from Center...Was really impressed with Deland Thomas, and see a big year ahead of him on the Gridiron....Of course, we know about his basketball skills on the court, but he is indeed a big weapon for the Tiger offense, and has great hands....Thought Luke stewart did a good job of running this offense for the first time in a "Live" game situation, and like the fact that this team didn't quit after going down by a couple scores in the 3rd quarter....Will agree with others that we've got to take better care of the ball, or it will not matter what offense we run because we will lose if we turn the ball over the way we did tonight....Hate to see a young man go down in any game but especially the opener because he had a lot of promise, and ran the ball hard last night including the big run that he ultimately got hurt on....Fortunately, he is only a junior, so he'll have another season ahead of him, but we will miss him this year....Hopes and wishes for a speedy recovery for the youngster....Also believe that our WRs need to be sharper with running their pass patterns, but that will come as the season progresses, I hope?

Defense
------------
I thought our Run defense was pretty good last night....We did give up a big play or two, but overall our Run Defense was pretty good overall....Think that we needed to get more pressure on the QB last night....He was very mobile, and East did roll him out of the pocket quite a bit which made containing him more difficult, but our DEs have got to do a better job of containing the QB in the pocket, moving forward....I expected the Eagles to throw the ball, but was surprised that they threw the ball as much as they did last night....Our Secondary needs a lot of work, and that goes without saying....Several times our DBs got turned around, and had NO chance of making a play on the ball....And the play before the Half?......Good lord, how do you let that happen?....We should of been in a Zone prevent coverage of some type with a guy deep to prevent that from happening....Hope that doesn't happen again, but that play was on the Coaches and not the players....No way that play should ever happen at the end of the half or at the end of a game....Period!....Thought that we tackled fairly well, and thought the young Freshman DL has a world of potential to be a real force in the middle, but again, we need to get more pressure on the QB in a passing offense which is what East Henderson is this year....

Special Teams
--------------------
Thought our kicker did a great job as did the holder in extra point trys as we didn't miss any all night long, and that is great....Thought our punting was good with the exception of the one where he missed most of the ball, and shanked it off an East player at the line of scrimmage....Overall though, he did a good job as did the snapper....Same can't be said for our kickoff coverage team which was terrible last night giving up way way too much yardage on kickoffs which led to great field position for the Eagles on just about every kickoff, and that's not on the kicker who has a great leg, and done a great job....We've just got to get off blocks, and get our rear ends down there, and coverge on the football which we didn't last night....Hopefully, this will be corrected because you just can't give your opponent that kind of field position all night long, and expect to win....It's that important.....

Game overall
------------------
First and foremost, you've got to give East Henderson credit....They are not the same team as they were last year, and that's obvious, and the QB is a weapon....Anytime, you have a kid of that size(6'4 or 5) with a strong and acurate arm and the ability to scramble away from pressure: A defense is going to have trouble containing him, and that was the case last night....Kid is only a Junior, so expect better days ahead for the Eagles Football program.... I congratulate Coach Heatherly and his Eagles on the victory last night.....As for the Tigers, there;s also better days ahead for the Rosman Football program, and I think we got a glimpse of that last night....The offense is entertaining, but still needs a lot of fine tuning....The Defense still has a long way to go in terms of defending the pass, but I was encouraged with our Run defense last night....Rosman is a young team with only 4 Seniors, so I didn't expect a whole lot this year anyway, but like I said earlier in this thread: I just want to see improvement week to week, and I believe that we will see that moving forward.....My message to the team is stay the course, and concentrate on getting better each day at practice for the rest of the season, and the wins will follow....Hard work and dedication will always be rewarded in the end.....

Next up
--------------
The Brevard Bluedevils next friday night in Brevard!

Roar Tigers Roar!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT