ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman Tigers begin climb back to respectability!

Tigertown_a_Rick

Jul 29, 2001
As the season began, I have been reluctant to comment about this year's Rosman Tigers because I did not want to put any undue pressure on the young team and Coach Essenburg and his staff but after last night's victory over a higher class opponent which is the first win in 4 years over a team from a higher classification, these are my observations...

1). Dan Essenburg knows football, and knows how to coach the fundamentals, and that is exactly what Rosman needed...

2).The team has grown by leaps and bounds since that first game with Enka which is a reflection of both the kids' pride in the program, their willingness to learn and grow as a team, and the Coaching Staff's hard work and determination to turn the program around....

3). The Tiger defense is where I'm seeing the biggest improvement, and it starts with, desire, determination and teamwork....

4). The Tiger special teams may be the best that I've seen in a very long time with a very capable FG kicker who is only a sophomore who made a couple FGs against Madison last night....

5). The Tiger RBs are finally running the ball the way that Dan Essenburg wants them to run, and that is bursting through the hole that is provided by an ever-improving Offensive line....

6). The Tiger signal caller was green, and was in an unfamiliar position when the season started, but he is beginning to look more and more comfortable back there, and is becoming a leader on the field, and that is very important for his younger teammates who look up to him to make the right decisions...

7).With roughly 27 players on both the JV and Varsity Football programs, Rosman's return to revelance in the SMC is starting to become a reality because we all know that numbers matter at the 1A level, and you can't compete for 4 quarters in the SMC if you don't have the depth, and the Tigers are starting to build depth....Still a long way to go, but they are headed in the right direction....

8). The Rosman Tigers only have 5 Seniors on the team, and those guys will need to continue to encourage and lead their younger teammates, and I saw a lot of that last night which is a very positive development for a team as young as the Tigers...

In Closing, congratulations to Coach Essenburg, his Staff and the 2019 Rosman Tigers on their impressive victory over the 2A Madison Patriots last night, and good luck moving forward...

The Tiger fans are behind you!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Rick, as always top shelf material.Congratulations to the Tigers on getting the much needed win Friday night. Good luck to the Tigers and hopefully you guys can dodge the injuries. If you can stay healthy I’m sure Essenburg can get every ounce out of what he has ! Again, thanks for the great post ! Go Knights

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
We definitely have a field goal kicker. Kid can kick. Unfortunately that's about all we got this year. I like Dan but he doesn't have a lot to work with. But I really hope I'm wrong. I can't say were back until we beat someone better than Madison. Worse Madison team I have seen on the field in quite some time.

Climbing back doesn’t mean we’re back . There’s some talent out there but we have kids playing that’s never played before . So against enka the defense played well enough to win the offense just wasn’t there yet . Brevard was a different game the kick off return and punt return in first five min broke there backs . Collins kid was a 1000 yd rusher as a sophomore shipman kid can play Chapman is a good athlete the two Stamey boys can play . So tiger den you can’t say the cupboard is bare except a kicker and also the lyday kid has really stepped up and improved each week

Climbing back doesn’t mean we’re back . There’s some talent out there but we have kids playing that’s never played before . So against enka the defense played well enough to win the offense just wasn’t there yet . Brevard was a different game the kick off return and punt return in first five min broke there backs . Collins kid was a 1000 yd rusher as a sophomore shipman kid can play Chapman is a good athlete the two Stamey boys can play . So tiger den you can’t say the cupboard is bare except a kicker and also the lyday kid has really stepped up and improved each week
I did not mean to imply the kicker is all we have. We have about 5 great athletes. You just can't play an 11 man team with 5 great athletes. Enka is terrible and I don't recall that we got 1 first down. Brevard is decent but not as good as last year's team, we were lucky Brevard didn't drop more on us. The jv team played the whole 2nd half for Brevard. I think we had maybe 2 first downs in that game. Madison is horrible and we got the job done. I think as normal we have a chance of beating Cherokee, Andrew's, and Hayesville. I feel those games are up for grabs. Cherokee is really down. I think we have to be on our A game to beat Andrew's. And Hayesville keeps having injuries we have a chance. Unfortunately we don't have any depth so if any of those 5 athlete's get hurt we will finish last in SMC.

No they didn’t brevard’s first string d played all but a cpl min in the 3rd and they were half offense starters in thru the third . Like I said against enka the offense didn’t play well at all we did get get a cpl first downs . Nevertheless a win is a win and should be a building block for the tigers .

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Tigertown_a_Rick: From this TJ fan, I was so pleased to see the big win by Rosman on Friday night! Hoping for more success and a safe season for a great group of players, coaches, and fans.

Coach Cash has built quite a program down at TJ, and have always enjoyed my trips down there....I think Rosman made a good choice in getting Coach Essenburg to return....Dan did a great job the last time he was here, and I already see a big difference in the team from the start of the season....I agree that Madison was as green as our Tigers are, but you can't win games without the confidence to do so, and that is why the win over the 2A Patriots was so important for this young team that is learning how to play together....It's an uphill climb to respectability in the SMC because all the teams are so competitive, but you've got to start somewhere, and agree that the Madison win was a good place to start....Still a long way to go, and a lot of work to do, but I like what I see so far....

Roar Tigers Roar!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT