ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman High School in need of game week one next year

SMCFAN

Sep 9, 2001
RHS is looking for an opponent for the opening week of the 2015 football season.
Contact AD Todd Anderson or Head Football Coach Freddie Whitman at 828-862-4284

Originally posted by SMCFAN:
RHS is looking for an opponent for the opening week of the 2015 football season.
Thought we were playing Brevard on opening week?

Roar Tigers Roar!

Originally posted by Tigertown@Rick:
Thought we were playing Brevard on opening week?

Roar Tigers Roar!
Brevard is week 3 in 2015.

Yes the schedule has been shifted around a little because of a decision to move the Brevard game back a week or two. The result is that we have lost our game with Thomas Jefferson, which is unfortunate because that is a good, competitive game within a reasonable drive. Hopefully we can pick them back up in the near future.

Yes the schedule has been shifted around a little because of a decision to move the Brevard game back a week or two. The result is that we have lost our game with Thomas Jefferson, which is unfortunate because that is a good, competitive game within a reasonable drive. Hopefully we can pick them back up in the near future.
Well, don't that just suck!

Rosman vs Thomas Jefferson has been a good measuring stick for the Tigers in the last few years, and their fans are first class....Sorry to hear that they are now off the schedule, but I'm glad that Brevard is still playing Rosman....Too much money at stake IMO for that game to not be played!

Maybe, we should look for a game down in S.C. for that first week....Probably would be a good conditioning tool for the Tiger Coaches as it would likely be up to 10 degrees hotter that time of the year, down south of the border?

Good luck finding an opponent....What about the Tri-Cities Tenn. team?....Are they coming to Tigertown at the end of next season, or not?

Roar Tigers Roar!

Rabun Gap GA. could be a good game for you guys. They beat T.Jefferson by 13 points and have some speed. It would be a step up over TJ.

Originally posted by OrangeNBlackAtta:
T-CC is week 5, before we start SMC play.
Thanks for the info O & B...I'm assuming with the SMC also shiting schedules next year that Rosman will host Swain in the first SMC game, and will travel to Murphy for the 2nd conference game, is that right?

Roar Tigers Roar!

I haven't heard which way the schedule is rotating:

Swain - Murphy - Hayesville - Andrews - Robbinsville - GWY

or

Hayesville - Andrews - Robbinsville - GWY - Swain - Murphy.

I'd be interested to know as well.

We played Rabun Gap for three or four years but if I am not mistaken, we lost them through the addition of Brevard to the schedule.

We have been looking hard into the Upstate to find a game (it is just so close to us being only a couple of miles from the state line not to try and go that way). We have also continued to look into Northeast TN as well. The drive over into that country is nice and easy now with the new I-26 connection.

Coach Whitman, Coach Anderson, and the rest of the admin are working hard to try get this stuff sorted out. Scheduling can be an ordeal sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT