ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman getting middle school football team!!!

I might not understand this fully but it seems to me Rosman is giving up JVs for middle school. Not sure thats a plus. Unless rosman is moving to a different conference. Keep us informed.
Not giving up on JVs but will try to make JV 9th grade only.

Real question is have you guys competed on jvs , and how you gonna be with only 15 or so 9th graders

Real question is have you guys competed on jvs , and how you gonna be with only 15 or so 9th graders
Well half the time we move our JVs up early due to injury's. Also our youth league we play in is terrible. I think you guys play in good youth league. Youth league we play in puts weight restrictions. I have no clue if they have spoken to conference president.

I think the desire is two fold. 1st to be more aligned with most other high schools as to lend more flexibility in JV scheduling. 2nd to get the players under one umbrella as to have them taught/coached a consistent concept/scheme throughout their playing career. It is difficult to have to build a foundation once the kids become teenagers. Trees are only as strong as their roots...

Reactions: TigerDen1
the youth association that brevard and rosman play in is dying off at the midget age group due to ms football at most schools. brevard only had a couple of subs this year i think i heard and other teams didn't even have midgets or had very low numbers also.

if the youth asscoiation was smart they would reorganize by grade level and drop the weight limit restriction to actually line up with the ms and hs instead of competing against them. 1st and 2nd graders termite. 3rd and 4th graders mites. 5th and 6th graders play midgets. then the kids go to middle school. seems like common sense to me.

Now that makes sense Hoot! That would be a good solution. I wonder if this has ever been brought up by the WNC Youth Football board?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT