ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky River 3A/2A - Week 6 šŸˆ

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
North Stanly (3-1) @ *Forest Hills (2-2)
Central (S.C.) (3-1) @ *Anson Co. (2-2)
*Parkwood (1-3) @ Eastern Randolph (4-0)
*Monroe (4-0) Bye Week
*Piedmont (2-3) Bye Week
*West Stanly (0-5) Bye Week

Standings:
2A Monroe (4-0)
2A Forest Hills (2-2)
2A Anson Co. (2-2)
3A Piedmont (2-3)
3A Parkwood (1-3)
2A West Stanly (0-5)

North Stanly at Forest Hills looks interesting
Last year they gave us fits in the first half. I believe we were only up 7-0 at the Half. Second half was a different story and we outscored them 28-6 and won 35-13. North has definitely improved from what they use to be back years ago. They've beaten Anson, East Rowan and barely beat an awful (0-5) West Stanly team by one point. Just hope Forest Hills' QB play gets better. Still very inconsistent play from both of the kids we've been playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Last week I think I ended up pretty decent. The MP vs WS score ended up being 42-0 instead of 34-0. Monroe won which I thought, however I owe Piedmont an apology I didn't think they would win, but for two years now they have shown they have MC's number. On to this week.

North Stanly (3-1) @ *Forest Hills (2-2): Don't over think this one FH, NS has two kids that can really play the Juice kid and the Alsobrooks kid. They are not well coached, they make really dumb mistakes. In the first two OT periods again WS they ended in first a goal from the 20 because of dumb penalties. Be patient and weather the early storm and you'll be fine. If you can get your defense to bring some licks the Juice kid will lay down, he does not like to be hit hard at all. Your QB play being erratic is concerning, but if either of them settle in your should manage this game well. I'd say 35-21 FH and the 21 I think is being generous.

Central (S.C.) (3-1) @ *Anson Co. (2-2) Last year Anson ran through Central 48-21. This year Central has started hotter and Anson has been good at times and mediocre at times. The loss to sun valley does not look as bad as the loss to NS. Neither of their wins are what I would call impressive. North Rowan is athletic but they has lost against anybody with decent talent this year. Anson's win again Albemarle is not what I would call a signature win. So I guess the big questions here are who is Anson and which team is going to show up? Coaching changes and someone getting their first HC opportunity will always bring some ups and down in year one usually. The Bearcats are dangerous usually in the skill spots. I think its a close game. Both offenses are with 1 point of the same point totals all year while Central's defense has been better giving up 22 fewer points. I consider this game about even. 28-24 Central.

*Parkwood (1-3) @ Eastern Randolph (4-0): Sorry Parkwood, even though ER is a 1A school I still don't think you've got the chops to beat them. Notoriously very physical teams that really play with a little bit of a nasty edge. Now ER hasn't really playing anybody but they have played all bigger schools 2A sizes up from them. I think Parkwood is a little better than last year but I still don't think they can win this one. Parkwood's defense is giving up 34 points a game while ER is scoring right a 28 a game vs. ER defense giving up 10.5 a game to Parkwood scoring 16. The game may be closer than expected but I still think ER wins, 35-13.
*Monroe (4-0) Bye Week
*Piedmont (2-3) Bye Week
*West Stanly (0-5) Bye Week

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT